Thoughts on a logo

Tools    

@John McClane ... idea:
Noticed your hand drawn pic has the "110%" as an outline.

Not sure if this looks right tbh. Seems a bit sparse when some of the text is hollowed out. Worth a pop though seeing as I've currently got photoshop working.

You ready? You look ready.
It’s not just an outline for the 1s. The idea is that the three lines I have drawn are disconnected/independent parts. They symbolize brands, bands, and fans. It’s why I’m so dead set on getting them made to be disjointed.

Ah gotcha.
Might be tough to get 4 lines to look like 3.
11 has 4 lines technically.

I'll look into something if I can. See if I can do an optical illusion with them.

Just tried firing the laptop again, sadly I think it's definitely done for the day.

Hope those pics keep you going for a bit and can maybe help the other guy

If you need any help with pics again at some point, don't hesitate to ask
It's all down to the temperament of the old lappy though. The crashes are sporadic so it's a case of if and when it works

^^ The second pic definitely.

It's got the sound bars rather than the mixer.
If you play music, the sound bars are more fitting. Mixers give the impression you actually make the music.

Well, I do both, and I like both. So I think I’m going to buy both of them. The second one will make for an excellent video watermark and the first one is going to be for everything else.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'd outline the % as well. It really outweighs the 110 next to it, especially the 11 now that the strokes are broken. That would give it more balance on top. As it is, it's very right-side heavy. Or just thicken the strokes of 110 to balance it all.

I'd also be curious how it would look if that top 110% block was reversed. I mean black block with white stroked numbers. Especially in the first sample. The weight of the mixer sliders almost demand the block be black to counter the weight of those sliders. That might give you a more readable brand when you just use 110%, too.

I like the second one more as the meters are interesting as shapes, but meters break upward so they might be confusing in that some people may just assume they're random shapes instead of meter lights. For that, and the fact that the sliders in the first option are much clearer in what they are, I'd suggest option 1. That logo tells someone who is unfamiliar with what you do without them knowing that you're music themed. The second logo may also, but I dont think it will as clearly.

I'd outline the % as well. It really outweighs the 110 next to it, especially the 11 now that the strokes are broken. That would give it more balance on top. As it is, it's very right-side heavy. Or just thicken the strokes of 110 to balance it all.

I'd also be curious how it would look if that top 110% block was reversed. I mean black block with white stroked numbers. Especially in the first sample. The weight of the mixer sliders almost demand the block be black to counter the weight of those sliders. That might give you a more readable brand when you just use 110%, too.

I like the second one more as the meters are interesting as shapes, but meters break upward so they might be confusing in that some people may just assume they're random shapes instead of meter lights. For that, and the fact that the sliders in the first option are much clearer in what they are, I'd suggest option 1. That logo tells someone who is unfamiliar with what you do without them knowing that you're music themed. The second logo may also, but I dont think it will as clearly.
Yup, all valid thoughts. Most of the heavy lifting is done, so once I get the files I’ll just edit them myself. Shouldn’t be too difficult to cut/copy/move/color items.

For instance, I would flip the VU meter, put it above the box, and then color it. I think the border should be removed, the melody part shrunk a little, and the % turned into an outline.

Final copies

The other one is too big to upload from my phone. But it’s the same text with those VU meter bars on top.

It’s perfect. When it’s shrunken down to a watermark size the numbers get this cool effect to them.