2016 Summer Olympics

Tools    

She just comes across as always awful tbh, sort of person i wouldn't want to be near for a prolonged amount of time and i know plenty of the WTA members have said the same.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I edited the post, Camo

And yeah, when she refused to shake hands with other players at the fed cup I lost all respect for her. I'm dying to know what happened between Bouchard and Laura Robson as well

Russia, China and The US go through those every Olympics. It is a weird year if it isn't proven that someone from each country is doping, so i don't accept it being anything other than political personally.
Remind me, didn't Russia participate in the last games?

Russia, China and The US go through those every Olympics. It is a weird year if it isn't proven that someone from each country is doping, so i don't accept it being anything other than political personally.
Yeah, they hosted them.

Remind you of what? Your problem with my comment is clearly political. I don't lionize any countries conduct including my own. Russia is awful, so is the US and UK. Less so but it doesn't change our awfulness.

I'm always confused when someone doesn't agree with this since all i ever here is how awful our politicians are. Like without fail, never heard anyone anywhere praise a living politician.

Remind you of what? Your problem with my comment is clearly political. I don't lionize any countries conduct including my own. Russia is awful, so is the US and UK. Less so but it doesn't change our awfulness.

I'm always confused when someone doesn't agree with this since all i ever here is how awful our politicians are. Like without fail, never heard anyone anywhere praise a living politician.
Whoa chief. You are coming off a little too defensive there. I don't follow the Olympics. Hell I was just reminded that Russia hosted the last games. That is how little I follow them.

I was curious why it was just Russia's politics that would keep them out? I was under the assumption the issue was doping.

If I posted anything you took offense to I am sorry.

Then I see no reason why it is just politics to keep Russia out.
Who said just politics? I think that politics could play into a multi-national event like this, like it has been confirmed to have in the past. Like the confirmed role the USSR played in this:

Whoa chief. You are coming off a little too defensive there.
Sorry mate if i came off that way. It's just something that i don't agree with going on right now.

I think as silly as it is when you think about it the Olympics is a national pride thing, the time with the most interest in the Olympics worlwide was without a doubt Soviet vs US. I mean the US #1 sporting moment is often voted the time they beat the Soviets at Ice Hockey.

I think personally that Russia has been a lot less hostile to the US than vice-versa since the collapse of the Soviet Union. I also think it is ridiculous the way Putin is portrayed sometimes and i know some Russians find it offensive. The idea that he steals elections and just took Crimea is ridiculous IMO, seems like quite a big conspiracy theory that is only accepted because it is regularly reported in the western media.

Can't believe how many times i've said western media, usually i'd be denying the holocaust or something, but yeah

Camo, chill buddy.

In Brazil we liked that our opening was pretty good (IMO better than the UK's opening last Olympics and more artistic and natural than China's aggressive show). Specially considering the bad opening of the world cup (which nobody cares about).
I can see why Brazilians liked their opening ceremony, I liked it's vibe. it was very personal to the country's culture and history which possibly a lot of the world didn't 'get' , but that was the same with the British one. If you're not British you can know the importance of the NHS and the industrial revolution and Shakespeare etc but you can't feel it as a culture like we can, so therefore I equate that to what the Brazilians felt about the Brazilian opening. The Chinese one worked as a mass spectacle which is fine too as it goes. I enjoyed all of them.

anyway lets get back to the sport...

Fantastic win for our Adam Peaty , gold in the 100m breast stroke. Congrats to Jazz Carlin on the silver in the 400m freestyle, but in that race the American Katy Ledecky was brilliant - miles in the lead!

I still can't understand why anyone gives a **** about the Opening Ceremony. There again, people have been talking about Olympic football, so what do I know?

So do we actually know why Russia is out this year?
It is a weird year if it isn't proven that someone from each country is doping, so i don't accept it being anything other than political personally.
I thought the problem was that there may have been some fault, error, or intentional sabotage that threatened the validity of their athlete's doping tests. It wasn't that people were or were not proven to be doping, but more so that the Russian facilities may be guilty of tampering with the results.

My source is only what I vaguely remember from an episode of Last Week Tonight that aired a few weeks ago though, so take that with a couple grains of salt.

...is table tennis an actual Olympic sport? I have no idea what goes on during the Summer Olympics. People here only seem to talk about the Winter ones because those are the sports we're good at haha.