The Legend of Tarzan (2016)

Tools    

109 min | Action, Adventure

Release Date: 1 July 2016

Tarzan, having acclimated to life in London, is called back to his former home in the jungle to investigate the activities at a mining encampment.

Director: David Yates
Writers: Adam Cozad, Craig Brewer
Starring: Alexander Skarsgård, Margot Robbie, Samuel Jackson, Djimon Hounsou, Christoph Waltz, Jim Broadbent

Trailer #1:

Trailer #2:

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Margot Robbie looks great. Christoph Waltz is a natural born villain.

The trailer popped up on tv today. I just can't think of anyone asking for this, a la the Lone Ranger remake. Even if it reviewed good, this looks like a HBO viewing.

Skarsgard is not a strong enough actor to play a lead, and him tackling Tarzan should make for a cringeworthy experience. David Yates wont have Harry Potter to carry him now. My hunch is this'll be a lemon.

Anyone tired of CGI?
So fast. Very much think thats why Mad Max Fury Road did so well cause they used actual explosions rather than completely lean on CGI.

In truth, when CGI is used sparingly it has a more brilliant impact than .....well like that dumbassed Cusack movie 2012, never saw it but could tell it was a CGI bonanza.

From the trailer I saw today, this looks so awful. I will not be wasting my time with it. It's looks like a video game with inferior graphics.

The potential for a great movie, but it was poorly directed, acting was just satisfactory, but most of all it was a poorly written screen play.

As flashy as it was it isnt anything more than a mindless romp unfortunately. The plot is full of racial cliches and bad plot devices, but it is cool to watch a lot of the time. Overall pretty bad movie. Id probably pass on this one.