Appreciate the Works of a MoFo!

Tools    

It would be funny if it was a pay club. $9.99 a month to post in here and give your posts extra attention.

Master of My Domain
It would be funny if it was a pay club. $9.99 a month to post in here and give your posts extra attention.
I think there are members who already do that.

I like your idea But to be honest when I see a list of names of Members it makes me feel like I'm not welcomed, it seems inclusive. You said you're open to suggestions....ditch the list of members, just say All MoFos Welcomed!
I know what you mean, but the problem is it may end up as "just another thread", where people aren't really committed. If it isn't a joined society where consisting of a group of people who are all on the same side, it will just end up as an unnecessary thread. If people don't actually "join" this, this thread doesn't even have to exist. When I update one of my threads it will be the same as posting a link in here - only that would be double work for no reason.

I just feel like if people join this, they are more committed. Or else it's just too "loose" and it would be the same as linking to my review in the rate the last movie you saw thread. It wouldn't mean anything to anybody.

But you're welcome to join CR.

I know what you mean, but the problem is it may end up as "just another thread", where people aren't really committed. If it isn't a joined society where consisting of a group of people who are all on the same side, it will just end up as an unnecessary thread. If people don't actually "join" this, this thread doesn't even have to exist. When I update one of my threads it will be the same as posting a link in here - only that would be double work for no reason.

I just feel like if people join this, they are more committed. Or else it's just too "loose" and it would be the same as linking to my review in the rate the last movie you saw thread. It wouldn't mean anything to anybody.

But you're welcome to join CR.
Didn't work out very well for the MoFo watch list.

Why was this moved to the "Movie Reviews" subforum? This thread isn't just for movie reviews, I assume.

Why was this moved to the "Movie Reviews" subforum? This thread isn't just for movie reviews, I assume.
Had no idea where to put it.

And no, it's for all write-up stuff/discussion stuff.

Master of My Domain
Had no idea where to put it.
Next time when you make a thread like this, put it on Misc Chat or MoFo Site Stuff.

Didn't work out very well for the MoFo watch list.
Yeah, well, I don't know.

This may just be a pathetic attempt at trying to get people to discuss and show love for each other when they work hard at something, or just want a quick opinion on something...

It was just supposed to be this "I have this thing, wanna look at it" and then there would be people who are actually committed to doing so.

I just wish the forum was more active with commenting and discussing when someone puts effort into something. That is not at all only meant at me, but I'm sure many out there feels the same. I wanna encourage mofos to appreciate each other, that's all. If it doesn't work, too bad. I just don't know what to try or do anymore...

What happened with that whole MoFo Watch List? Somebody give the correct posts some attention here so I can see it.

What happened with that whole MoFo Watch List? Somebody give the correct posts some attention here so I can see it.
Too bad the search function on this site doesn't work better, "mofo watch list", titles only, comes up with a bunch of unrelated threads.

I mean there is this one where I was the only one to watch and comment
http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=41915

This one that had 0 comments and I couldn't get ahold of the film
http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=41916

My recommendation where movie gal was the only one that watched it
http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=41917

Seemed like I was the only person participating.
After the 2nd week it became obvious no one was watching and the threads stopped.

I just wish the forum was more active with commenting and discussing when someone puts effort into something. That is not at all only meant at me, but I'm sure many out there feels the same.
I've only done one review on this site.. and apparently it didn't make it to the reviews page because the film was from 2010.

Something about how the reviews page only shows new movies and old movies but not ones from a few years ago .

I've only done one review on this site.. and apparently it didn't make it to the reviews page because the film was from 2010.

Something about how the reviews page only shows new movies and old movies but not ones from a few years ago .
Exactly. And if it got overlooked like that, you could come post it here, where you knew people would want to see/comment on your work.

But I don't know... I definitely want to change the title, but I don't know what to.

MovieMedation you're a good guy for trying this thread. I will pop in from time to time and see if I can help support it. I haven't read all the post so I'm not quite sure what it's all about.

I just wish the forum was more active with commenting and discussing when someone puts effort into something.
I've thought that too. For me I often miss threads. Then if I do see an interesting one it's basically over and so I don't post.....So your idea might help out.

Sure Sure

Feel free to read the only review I've ever done
http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=40949
Yay, the thread has finally shown its purpose!

It's not completely meaningless anymore! If it ends with your first review and my only comment, being the first and only write-up to ever have a purpose in this thread, so be it!

My main threads that I paid most attention to during my 14 year tenor:

Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread (2009-2010, April of 2015)

Jrs' Sequel Mania Redux (A week in June 2014)

Jrs' Official MoFo DVD Thread - which lasted 2 months in 2005 (lol) and I probably most likely will resurrect as a Blu-Ray/DVD release thread as soon I can.

I created others but they weren't as time consuming as these three. I ended these due to being lazy.

I started a lot of movie threads and contributed a hefty amount of info on upcoming films over the years. Too many links to post.

Also I wrote three (yes a big three lol) reviews so far:

Jurassic World
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man

It's a fair point that reviews should get more love. I know if I do one it takes ages to sort my thoughts out and mine aren't anything like as detailled or well set out as many others, so they must take a lot of time and effort.
It's all about time constraints tho isn't it? What with jobs/work/life/family/education getting in the way, most of us don't have the time to read everyone's reviews so we pick and choose between people we think have the same taste. or have had interesting reviews in the past, or films we've seen ourselves so want to compare, or simply those who shout the loudest

I notice there are people who spread their appreciation around, which is really nice. We should all try and do that, and also specially to newcomers

Did you tick the box under your review when you'd wrote it ? The one that says 'suggest this post for inclusion in the reviews area'?

So in other words, this is the Let's All Aspire to Be Like Captain Spaulding Thread?