Brittany Murphy

Tools    

Just heard about this since I was traveling all day yesterday. My first thought was that she was very recently fired from a film (SNL had a small segment on Weekend Updated about it a couple of weeks ago, in fact), which you don't tend to see a lot with more famous actors. Can't help but think that they're related, if only because she was having health problems that were making it difficult for her to play the role.

very sad . A very underrated actress who didnt fill her potential.

R.I.P

Little floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
Ok this is just horrible and reading up on articles about Brittany it gets even worse.....drugs may have been a cause in this death and an eating disorder was talked about. Whatever the case may be it is just so sad losing a person at such a young age. She was a cutie and I loved her in Clueless! I hate to hear about this as the holidays are here.
R.I.P Brittany Murphy

Ok this is just horrible and reading up on articles about Brittany it gets even worse.....drugs may have been a cause in this death and an eating disorder was talked about....
I knew they were gonna speculate before knowing the facts. Happens to all celebrities.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Coroner completes Brittany Murphy autopsy

The Los Angeles County coroner's office said it has completed an autopsy of Brittany Murphy but will defer releasing a cause of death until after toxicology tests are complete.

It said there was no evidence of trauma to Murphy's body.

Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter says the autopsy was completed Monday.

Murphy died Sunday after collapsing in the bathroom of her Hollywood Hills home. Winter said her family told coroner's investigators she had been suffering from flulike symptoms in the days before her death.

The 32-year-old appeared in films such as "Clueless," "8 Mile" and "Girl, Interrupted".

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

I knew they were gonna speculate before knowing the facts. Happens to all celebrities.
Obviously they were going to speculate. The rumours about drug use (prescription and cocaine) as well as eating disorders and dietry issues have dogged her since the early noughties. Now she's died, people can say what they want. I have to admit that, when I heard about it, I thought now we'll find out how true (if at all) the rumours were.

This was really out of left field. I first found out on the IMDB home page. Very sad news.

...uh the post is up there...

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I was extremly sadden to her of the passing of Britney Murphy both myself and my wife both thought she was a great actress and she was in a few movies which we both love. I thought she was great in Sin City and I was looking forward to seeing her in a sequel to it, if it ever came about.

I was shocked when I looked through one of my wifes girly mags about 2-3 weeks ago and saw how thin Brittany had gotten, she was bordering on Anarexia which is horrible to see in anyone, but to die at such a young age is very sad indeed. My thoughts are with her family at this terrible time R.I.P

What a tragic death!

She was really good in 8 Mile and The Dead Girl.

How ironic that she played the title character in The Dead Girl. Very sad!

I was shocked but not affected by this -- I only really remember her from 8 Mile. Was she the ugly girl from Clueless? The one they were trying to help dress better and such.

I've no idea who she was in Girl, Interrupted.

R.I.P.

32 is young, but at least she had onscreen sex with Eminem. That's living. [Note: I don't mean that sarcastically. I really would love to have sex with Eminem.]

... Was she the ugly girl from Clueless? The one they were trying to help dress better and such.
Indeed she was, though I wouldn't have called her ugly, I always thought she was kinda cute.

Semper Fooey
I heard in the news there are unconfirmed reports she had diabetes and possibly a congenital heart defect. We're all going to have to wait for the coroner's report to fimd out what happened, but from what I'm hearing I don't believe cocaine had anything to do with it.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Well, I only wanted to think of her in a positive light, so here she is in a few people's fave, Sin City, on your left.

My wife is a Nora Roberts fan, so I've watched a few of those Lifetime cable movies, including the one with her, "Tribute" (Martha Coolidge, 2009), which is probably the last movie I ever saw her in. She certainly looked healthy and happy in that one.

R.I.P., Sweetheart

Well, I haven't seen Clueless many times, but I remember seeing it for the first time in a movie theatre and she was always "The Ugly One" to me. I never realized she was played by Brittany Murphy until Brittany Murphy died.

That's so sad and unfair, though -- first she has to go and play "Ugly Girl" in Clueless, then she dies at age 32. At least she left us pictures like this to look at.

For you straight guys, that is.

Meanwhile, I'm busy being Jake Gyllenhaal's bodyguard (full body, that is). I have to protect him from Death, who seems to be living in Hollywood these days -- he's been taking an awful lot of celebrities away from us.

Stay away from my Jake, Death!

You wanna play chess, you go find yourself some nerds!

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I didn't realize that she was in Clueless for a long time either. I'm so curious to see what happened. It so sad for her family, happening so close to Christmas and all.