Pets

Tools    

There were 2 homeless cats that I fed at my apartment complex. Other tenants fed them as well. There were little girls that were left behind when their owners moved out.

About two weeks ago, the management office sent an email that said to stop feeding the feral cats. That pissed me off because they weren't feral but homeless. Feral cats will not come near a person.

Anyway, one of my neighbors was nice enough to call around to adoption shelters to see if they could take them in and find them a furever home. There were conditions that if either girl had feline leukemia, they couldn't take them.

I just found out the girls were healthy and they are assisting on getting them adopted.

I told him to make sure they know their names are Penny and Copper. Both are tortie shell color patterns. Copper's underbelly is completely an orange red color. They are the sweetest and most affectionate cats.

My neighbor will keep me updated when he hears they have been adopted out.

The only picture I have of Copper.

I made her a shelter last winter and someone from maintenance took all of it, water bowl and everything.

There were 2 homeless cats that I fed at my apartment complex. Other tenants fed them as well. There were little girls that were left behind when their owners moved out.
It makes my blood boil when people do this. Luckily, thanks to you & others sounds like they will have a better life now.

Would it be preferable if they were adopted together? If so, this should be mentioned.

Kudos!

It makes my blood boil when people do this. Luckily, thanks to you & others sounds like they will have a better life now.

Would it be preferable if they were adopted together? If so, this should be mentioned.

Kudos!
I don't think they will be adopted together. They weren't sisters unless you consider that I helped take care of them.

Penny did hiss a lot at Copper.

I don't think they will be adopted together. They weren't sisters unless you consider that I helped take care of them.

Penny did hiss a lot at Copper.
It will make it easier if they don’t need to go as a pair. I only mentioned it because some cats are so bonded with another they can’t easily be separated.

About two weeks ago, the management office sent an email that said to stop feeding the feral cats. That pissed me off because they weren't feral but homeless. Feral cats will not come near a person.

Anyway, one of my neighbors was nice enough to call around to adoption shelters to see if they could take them in and find them a furever home. There were conditions that if either girl had feline leukemia, they couldn't take them.

I just found out the girls were healthy and they are assisting on getting them adopted.

I told him to make sure they know their names are Penny and Copper. Both are tortie shell color patterns. Copper's underbelly is completely an orange red color. They are the sweetest and most affectionate cats.

My neighbor will keep me updated when he hears they have been adopted out.

The only picture I have of Copper.

I made her a shelter last winter and someone from maintenance took all of it, water bowl and everything.
awhhh his so cute love how they curled up. that good that u rescue them to the shelters, hopefully they get forever home and hopefully they go same home together

Gorgeous. Guessing he’s not from a shelter as he’s a ragdoll (Siamese?). What’s his name?

Gorgeous. Guessing he’s not from a shelter as he’s a ragdoll (Siamese?). What’s his name?
My children have named him Caspar. I wanted to call him Ingmar, Akira, Krzystov, Orson, Dennis, Andrei, Takeshi or Plop. But was outvoted.

Yeah he's a ragdoll.

My children have named him Caspar. I wanted to call him Ingmar, Akira, Krzystov, Orson, Dennis, Andrei, Takeshi or Plop. But was outvoted.

Yeah he's a ragdoll.
Good name. He’s so gorgeous. Keep him safe when he’s outside.

Update on Penny and Copper.

Penny was adopted out this past Sunday.

I called Great Plains ASPCA and double checked. I couldn't find her page on PetFinder. The worker I spoke to was very friendly and helpful.

I'm hoping Copper will be adopted soon.

Does anyone here use a cat fountain for their pets? If so, please met me know what fountain you have.

Looby Loo doesn’t drink water that I know of. She gets wet food twice a day, but this lack of water may cause issues down the road though I’ve had her since 2015 without issues.

Something else to stress about.

Does anyone here use a cat fountain for their pets? If so, please met me know what fountain you have.

Looby Loo doesn’t drink water that I know of. She gets wet food twice a day, but this lack of water may cause issues down the road though I’ve had her since 2015 without issues.

I would say that's a problem. Do you use a bubbler now? Some animals won't use those.

I would say that's a problem. Do you use a bubbler now? Some animals won't use those.
Now I feel super-stressed as you say it’s a problem.

I just have clean water in her bowl every day. I might just buy a fountain & see if she’ll use it. They’re not particularly expensive.

Now I feel super-stressed as you say it’s a problem.

I just have clean water in her bowl every day. I might just buy a fountain & see if she’ll use it. They’re not particularly expensive.
She must be drinking water when you are not looking

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

Parsley wouldn’t drink still water. Bought one of the small fountains and she never drank from it.

The faucet drip was the only thing she ever responded to.