Movie with male lead fist fighting with several opp, one each day.

Tools    

Hi!

I'm trying to find a movie where the male protagonist has to fight (with fists) several opponents in a row, one each day. I think pride is involved somehow. First I thought it was "From here to eternity", and the guy was Montgomery Clift, but yesterday I saw this flick again, and I was pretty surprised when these remembered fights were nowhere to be found! The movie is probably, like "From here to eternity", an oldie and a classic.

Thanks!

Thanks mark f, but I forgot to mention that the fights are not formal, on a ring and so on, but somehow clandestine, messy, with no established rules, etc. (like the fight of Monty Clift in "From here to eternity" with one of the boxers). The guys fighting the protagonist maybe trying to force him to do something, or punish him, or he is trying to make a point...

I'm not sure, but if I had to bet I would say it has nothing to do with boxing...

I suspect what you are looking for is another Montgomery Cliff movie, The Young Lions (1958).

I suspect what you are looking for is another Montgomery Cliff movie, The Young Lions (1958).

It is. Thank you!