Tales of the Walking Dead: Episode 3 revisited a character from The Walking Dead. Samantha Morton returned as Alpha, the leader of The Whisperers. It was a flashback to her time right before running into the group. If that sounds interesting then you're a hardcore fan of the show. I find it hard to believe there's any left at this point. I think most people are like me. Just keep your head down and power through.

The episode itself was a mixed bag. I've always found the UK born Morton's southern accent a little odd for some reason. I thought the riverboat setting was interesting enough but it never really went anywhere. They had a younger actress playing her daughter Lydia. All in all the episode sort of meandered and the character of Alpha ultimately not worthy of revisiting.

TotWD: Episode 4 was a better with Anthony Edwards playing Dr. Charles Everett. He's a naturalist and the last survivor of a group of scientists studying the new species Homo Mortuus on a preserve of sorts. It's a vast plot of land set aside as it's own ecosystem and partitioned by a deep trench. Poppy Liu plays Amy Zhang, a refugee from the outside world hoping to find a safe home inside the preserve.

The pair run into each other and debate the pros and cons of writing off humanity. It's different enough from all that has come before to make it seem somewhat fresh. And Edwards and Zhang make for a interesting duo.