Maverick (Top Gun 2)

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
He better say "talk to me Goose".

Miles Teller rubs me the wrong way. I would have preferred Glen Powell, give him a chance.
lol I've mentioned this before but Miles is from my small ass hometown in Florida. Graduated from high school the same year as me but across town at the rival high school. We are acquaintances at best. But I have some friends who grew up with him and are still good friends with him. So I root for the kid.

My one buddy who knows him well said Cruise hand picked him for the movie. So that's cool haha. Was hoping to see him in the trailer but he just flashed in the montage I think

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I actually think the original Top Gun, not a bad movie per say at all, but it's not as good as it is made out to be and I don't think it will be hard to beat, sequel wise.

Rank Question.

Maverick is a Navy pilot yes? I think that's correct from Top Gun.

Ed Harris calls him just a Captain, but a Navy Captain is the equivalent of an army Lt Col/Col or an airforce Lt Cmdr/Cmdr.

So being a navy Captain is still fairly respectable, or do Navy pilots keep air force ranks?

Or is he simply an air force pilot?

Edit: If he is Navy it seems Captain is probably the highest you can go and still pilot, before stepping into the Admiral executive roles.

The trailer didn't cause too much excitement for me, but yet I've enjoyed most everything Cruise has been in-- both production-wise, stories, and acting. So hopefully this will be of similar high caliber.

But it looks like it'll be a 16 month wait...

~Doc

You ready? You look ready.
Miles Teller rubs me the wrong way. I would have preferred Glen Powell, give him a chance.
Wha?!

I love me some Miles Teller.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Really needs more razor cut, wet hair and cut-off jean shorts.

Really needs more razor cut, wet hair and cut-off jean shorts.
Well,we re not in the 80s afterall, i wish we were, but this movie will be a love letter to 80s action movies, with a soundtrack that will never be topped, and ofc one of my favorite director s in the director seat: joseph kosinski,let s get on the highway to the danger zone, wouuuuuuuuhouuu

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Well,we re not in the 80s afterall, i wish we were, but this movie will be a love letter to 80s action movies, with a soundtrack that will never be topped, and ofc one of my favorite director s in the director seat: joseph kosinski,let s get on the highway to the danger zone, wouuuuuuuuhouuu

That was my tongue-in-cheek, nostalgia take.

This thing is gonna be about 70% shot-for-shot remake. Top Gun is top-level cheese, which is the perfect type of movie for a remake sequel.

Refer to first line when reading this comment

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

This movie isn’t going to work at all if they don’t use music from the first film, or at least some good songs from today. That trailer needs Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins playing. Otherwise, it’s not Top Gun. Sorry. I’ve never seen all of Top Gun, but I know the songs and the soundtrack is always still in stores to buy. The movie looks good, but it’s going to flop because it lacks the music so far.

This movie isn’t going to work at all if they don’t use music from the first film, or at least some good songs from today. That trailer needs Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins playing. Otherwise, it’s not Top Gun. Sorry. I’ve never seen all of Top Gun, but I know the songs and the soundtrack is always still in stores to buy. The movie looks good, but it’s going to flop because it lacks the music so far.
I do agree, these songs go synonymosly with this franchise and it needs absolutely the main song from the first, but i trust joseph kosinski to make a good film

guys, movie delayed to july 21 2021 wtf.....why??????? I donnt friggin understand

How long till Netflix and Amazon absorb the rest of the studios?

Well on the one hand, I am thinking enough with the reboots, enough! One the other hand, the trailer for it does it make it kind of interesting.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Corona thing.

Avatar 2 and some other movies have all been apparently cancelled indefinitely.
Yeah, they're burning the footage they shot for Avatar 2 and no one shall speak of it again.

Suspect's Reviews

Instead of delaying it, why don't they just sell it to a streaming service like Netflix and have it make money there? Not enough money?

Instead of delaying it, why don't they just sell it to a streaming service like Netflix and have it make money there? Not enough money?
I was about to say the same...