Raul's Film Thoughts

→ in
Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Glad you loved it Raul. Funny, I felt the exact same way during the opening number but forgot aboit that till you wrote that. Good stuff.
I'm not going to lie it's a musical that puts Umbrellas of Cherbourg to shame

I'm not going to lie it's a musical that puts Umbrellas of Cherbourg to shame
Besides the color palette I don't even get the connection. Oh well, I'm a moron, what do I know.

I know Chazelle loves Umbrellas, so I'm sure I am missing something. Night and day for me when it comes to characters and script though.

La La Land is probably the most overrated movie of the year, but I wanted to love it, and I'm glad you did.

Master of My Domain
Besides the color palette I don't even get the connection. Oh well, I'm a moron, what do I know.
The connection I think is that

WARNING: "Endings of both films" spoilers below
Both films end with two lovers that ultimately did not fulfill their dream of living together

The connection I think is that

WARNING: "Endings of both films" spoilers below
Both films end with two lovers that ultimately did not fulfill their dream of living together
Yeah, makes sense. I really had a hard time with the singing of every lyric. That's very rough sledding for me. Distracting really.

Master of My Domain
Yeah, makes sense. I really had a hard time with the singing of every lyric. That's very rough sledding for me. Distracting really.
Just read your post as if it were a lyric. Added a lot of flats to emphaize your disturbance.

Very cool Raul that you seen a 5/5 movie and loved it. That doesn't happen to me too much. I'm looking forward to La La Land, it looks exciting, but I have to wait for Netflix to get it. Is it a period piece movie BTW?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Pretty sure it's modern day CR.

I never thought I would see movies that would contend for my next top 10, but La La and Manchester both are up there.

I have to say though it bewilders me when people say this was a terrible year for movies, I thought it was a rather good year overall.

I have to say though it bewilders me when people say this was a terrible year for movies, I thought it was a rather good year overall.
As usual the last three months are redeeming it for me. Think I'm seeing Silence Friday. Have a feeling that will be the icing on the cake.

Master of My Domain
Did you like La La Gatsby?
Yep, gave it 4.5/5, but I don't think it's a masterpiece and Chazelle can definitely do something better.