Rauldc14's 2nd Top 100

→ in
Tools    

^^Wait, isn't that the same rating than you gave Fargo?^^ Cos that'd be ****ed up.
Well, Click and Fargo are about equal to me.

Fargo thinks that it is smarter than Click, while Click is a far less original and creative film but it can be more effective in some ways. Click has a deeper layer of humanism than Fargo (easy, since the Coens can't write a human character even if their lives depended on it).

From your point of view my ratings for Braveheart and Fargo are much more f*cked up (
and
, respectively).

Well, Click and Fargo are about equal to me.

From your point of view my ratings for Braveheart and Fargo are much more f*cked up (
and
, respectively).
No, having Click and Fargo about equal is more ****ed up, IMO. True, I'd rather watch Click than Braveheart, but that's because I hate it, not because Click is better.

Click and Fargo can not be compared. That's comparing apples to tomatoes
Yes, but you know which you prefer the taste of, don't you? That's how you do it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
No, having Click and Fargo about equal is more ****ed up, IMO. True, I'd rather watch Click than Braveheart, but that's because I hate it, not because Click is better.

Yes, but you know which you prefer the taste of, don't you? That's how you do it.
Well, we will just have to see if and when and where Fargo is on this list.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Click isn't what I'd call a particularly good movie, but it really was very,very emotional in some scenes especially towards the end of the film. If anything it truly is a moderate success I must say. That scene where his dad walks into his office is a tear-jerker.

No, Guap, you churn it out mate.

Also, I'm now no longer sure that Braveheart is better than Click. I'd still rather watch Click, but was it really worse?

Braveheart and Click are both
movies for me, with Braveheart being slightly better, I think. Fargo is a high
. I would debate why I don't love the movie, but anyone who doesn't love Fargo seems to get attacked on this forum.

Finished here. It's been fun.
^ I thought Fargo was okay but it wasn't particularly memorable in my eyes. I thought it was okay so your not the only one with that opinion.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
^ That's exactly how I feel about it. A
movie.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

(easy, since the Coens can't write a human character even if their lives depended on it)
I'll be brief: watch The man who wasn't there. If you still hold this opinion after this movie then there's nothing else I can do.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
88. Apocalypse Now

I love the smell of napalm in the morning. And I love this movie too, as it is ranks right up there as one of the better war films that I have seen. YES, I do like this Coppola film even better than The Godfather. The true gem in the film is the acting in itself, led by stalwart performances by Martin Sheen, Robert Duval, and of course, the great Marlon Brando. It's a true must watch for anybody.

87. Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

My favorite silent film of all time, and well deserving of its "shared best picture" oscar. I love everything about the movie. Murnau made the film so that it could be an ageless watch as even though it's a silent film, it still doesn't feel that dated. You can feel the raw emotion from the actors as well, particularly with Janet Gaynor. The whole concept itself is very original. I should really look into more Murnau films. I always get chills at the part of: "what if she could be drown?". Again, a must watch even if you aren't a huge fan of the silents.

86. Disturbia

AKA the rip-off of Rear Window. But honestly, I absolutely love everything that the film did, beginning with the very powerful beginning for me with Kale going on his fishing trip with his dad. You somewhat truly feel for what the character is going through with that first bit of action. Being a huge fan of Rear Window, I could have been made that the concept wasn't original, but I thought it brought a lot of fun to the table, with characters like Ashley, Ronnie, and the creepy Mr. Turner. To me, just pure fun and entertainment if you are looking for a easy and adventure filled movie night.

85. Stalag 17

I have yet to see a Billy Wilder film that has disappointed me, and actually I think I've seen about 8 of them now. This one has a different feel to it, but it's absolutely brilliant. Brilliant acting all around, it has some very funny parts to it, and it is a movie that immediately when I saw it for the first time knew it would become a classic favorite of mine. Great to see William Holden get an oscar for his portrayal of J.J. Sefton. Also loved the performances of Animal and Shapiro.

I will not write more about the Coens in this forum, I see it's dangerous stuff.
Maybe you should see some of their films before commenting on them. That would be wiser.

Great new set, Raul!

Apocalypse Now is in my top ten so obviously I love that. But I'm more focused by Disturbia since I also find it highly underrated. I already knew that you like it, but it always makes me happy when it appears on a list, haven't seen the others

More and more Disturbia fans!The movie so mainstream and the love story is pathetic yet it's still a very interesting film.I like that you never know if Mr. Turner is truly a villain until the end.Because I was kind of convinced that the kids are paranoid.

I also love Apocalypse Now and I want to see Stalag 17.