Clothing style

Tools    

I thought Movie Forums was one of the few places you could visit without pants?

Maybe you guys do this. I doubt we women do.

Still dress the same as in last post, mostly nice trousers/jeans and a t-shirt, similar to this:

Find it the most comfortable style to wear, t-shirt slightly longer because I like my arse covered.

Time to rethread this…

These days I either dress like a grandpa or a soccer mom. Lots of pockets.
Hey John, have you seen those commercials for a small line of sportwear that's like all pockets? You can carry your phone, your drink, your tablet, your pens, your snacks, your guns, your calculator, your pills, tickets to a Broadway show, your music device, your cigarettes (both tobacco & marihuana style), extra toilet paper, etc.

Always some colorful shirt, it affects how you view things and how people approach you, at least I believe. It's simple: always chinos, always shoes, always short-sleeves, avoid black and use something colorful, this is for the summer. Something like this:

In winter it's flannel shirts w/ various patterns, thicker chinos, and the same Italian thick jacket my grandfather used, it's looks like the one Jason Mamoa used in some film, the condition is not as used, a little bit better.

And now that I'll be taking a new job in sales, I'll probably have to go shopping, I don't know, let's see, I think people in sales dress very simply, nothing colorful. I won't tuck my shirt, they can forget that.

Anyway, I haven't posted in here in almost a decade, so:

I like simple clothes. I don't really wear shirts with funny little bits of texts or graphics on them. Most of the ones I have with anything on them at all just have really simple images, or are commemorative (IE: I went to a place and bought a shirt from that place). Simple doesn't necessarily mean dull, though, as I really like bold color combinations and think a lot about what goes together well. But in terms of design, pretty minimal. I find I'm particularly drawn to variations on simple designs, like polo shirts with differently colored trim. Things like that.

Since losing weight, I definitely find form-fitting clothes more flattering (no big surprise there) and mostly wear those.

In any of the pockets, probably? None of the suggested items are exclusive to men.
I’ve never met a woman who carries a pen in her jacket, but, whatever.

Odd, I know plenty. I also know plenty who proclaim their frustration that women's clothing doesn't have enough pockets.

Sure haven't ever thought of a pen as a gender-specific instrument! Anyway, lipstick is about the same size.

I saw a neat documentary on why hats for men (once the standard) went out of fashion.

There were several factors, but probably the biggest was the evolution of the automobile (in many ways). They kept making them more streamlined and shorter (so that wearing a hat in them became difficult), but one interesting factor was that when men's hats were popular, people spent more time outdoors (in such situations as being in a big city and waiting for a cab, a trolley, a bus, a train, etc.).

People often didn't know how long they'd be exposed to the elements while waiting for transportation or while travelling, so in addition to hats, men often wore a suit, an overcoat and a raincoat as well - we've seen this in old movies where a guy will come in from outdoors, take off his hat, his raincoat, his overcoat and still have a three-piece suit on underneath. It was a matter of preparedness. They were well protected from the rain & insulated from cold.

When private car ownership was still a rarity, people dressed to endure whatever the weather threw at them. (I just don't know how they bore it in the summer - carrying all those coats around with their hats on!)

I work full time at a vet clinic, so I have a lot of cutesy, mostly animal themed scrubs.

When I'm not working, I tend to wear jeans and either one of my many concert tees (Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham, Bob Seger, Eric Clapton, etc) or one of the random blouses I picked up from places like Avenue and Lane Bryant.

My shoes are practical. I've got a pair of white Nike walking shoes that I wear just about everywhere. Otherwise I wear a pair of plaid Converse knock offs I picked up from Payless.

If I'm off and have no intention of going anywhere in a particular day, I've been known to get up, shower and then change into a different set of pajamas. I'm kinda lazy like that.
Nine years later and the part about the scrubs is still true, also the part about showering and changing into different pajamas on my days off. I hardly ever wear my concert tees anymore (most no longer fit )and it's summer so it's way too hot for jeans. These days if I'm at home I'm probably in a tank top and shorts. Once we hit winter it'll change to a tank top and pajama pants.

Movie Forums Extra
I like sun dresses

You ready? You look ready.
I saw a neat documentary on why hats for men (once the standard) went out of fashion.
I thought the reason men stopped wearing hats was because Kennedy had hair lice and stopped wearing his hats for a couple weeks?

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Odd, I know plenty. I also know plenty who proclaim their frustration that women's clothing doesn't have enough pockets.

Sure haven't ever thought of a pen as a gender-specific instrument! Anyway, lipstick is about the same size.
The pens are in our purses with the lipstick as well.