Clothing style

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I like minimalism in clothing. Only black things, without logos, patches, prints.
I try to avoid all this stuff as much as possible lately, as well. Sick of walking around looking like a billboard for Adidas or something.

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
Until very recently I spent most of my time in a Naval uniform. Now it is a uniform of a different kind - work days; skirt suits, blouses, and heels, mostly. Downtime it ranges from sloth-esque to smart casual.

Not Enough Time
One word: comfort. Okay two words: comfortable and practical.

I tend to stay casual unless there's an occasion. Plus I don't have a lot of types of shoes, and I'm big on having the right shoes for an outfit if its not a just-throw-anything-together outfit. So jeans, almost always, with a t-shirt and in the winter something for warmth. I like second hand t-shirts the best, I have found almost all my favorite shirts at a second hand store. I don't really like brands, but I do like some sort of unique picture.

For work I had to look nice, button down white shirt with black pants, hair pulled back. Most of my jobs in the past have had uniforms, or at least a pretty strict dress code.

Clothes, like most other things I purchase, I do not spend a lot of money on. My things almost always, ALWAYS, get stolen, lost, or ruined.

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

denim shirts are rad as heck

Pants and pullovers , or skirt and tops. Also wear a beret!

When it's cool, I wear a poncho.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ha, I work from home so I usually wear whatever I want....which is usually something along these lines.

T-shirt and shorts on hot days. Jeans and t-shirt on cooler days. I wear a hat when I go out, usually my Green Bay Packers hat. I wear running shoes.

TBH my style is pretty close to business casual by virtue of having a white collar job, but I've been trying to bring in other influences. Most of the time I leave the house I wear a button up shirt with jeans or chinos. Most of the shirts are things like oxfords that can be easily dressed up or down, although I did acquire a taste for Hawaiian shirts. I used to wear polos a fair bit but have done so less often lately (I find shirt fabric more satisfying to iron than the pique fabric most polos are made of; and yes, I like ironing).

I've also been opting for higher rise pants as of late, in part because they're comfortable, but also because they have a more classic vibe and look better if I tuck in my shirt.

After I started having to go back into the office (after 2 years of WFH), I've been wearing suits and sportcoats more frequently than I used to pre-pandemic. I've also been trying to cowboy it up a bit, with the odd western-ish shirt thrown into the mix and switching out my usual sneakers or dress shoes for cowboy boots and a matching belt.

How do I dress in one sentence? Like someone who's been reading too many menswear blogs.

T-shirt and shorts on hot days. Jeans and t-shirt on cooler days. I wear a hat when I go out, usually my Green Bay Packers hat. I wear running shoes.
I bought a bunch of hats because I stopped cutting my hair regularly during the pandemic, but have really only worn one of them (a white Adidas cap that can be thrown in the wash) with any regularity.

You ready? You look ready.
One of the few items I kept of my gramps’ wardrobe. Probably the most comfortable sweatshirt I own. If for no other reason than it makes me sentimental.

Dig the colourblock pattern.

You know who else liked colourblock patterns?

I got a tab collar dress shirt from my dad that I've worn to pretty much every wedding I've been to recently. It's pretty baggy (I've been too lazy to get the sides taken in) but worn under a suit, nobody notices, and it makes the tie look better.

My view of clothes is heavily modified by my day to day routine. I do a lot of work from home, and even when I don't, my "day job" is with a family business and very casual. So it's jeans almost all the time, with a liberal reliance on pajama pants.
Yoda posted this in March of 2013. I just can’t imagine him in pajama pants.

You ready? You look ready.
Yoda posted this in March of 2013. I just can’t imagine him in pajama pants.
I thought Movie Forums was one of the few places you could visit without pants?

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I thought Movie Forums was one of the few places you could visit without pants?

I assume everybody's posting like this: