Hmm....

Tools    

So I hear rumors that this is the place to introduce yourself. Am I supposed to give a blurb about me, or just say "hello!"?

Well, here goes: A giant how-diddley-ho to everyone

On a not-so-similar thought...how come my post count seems to be stuck at 4? I've posted at least a couple more than that, yet it's not getting any higher.

Well look at that...it went up to 5. Figures. =)

Welcome, Kahiri! The post count problem is due to the fact that posts in the Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat forum do not count against your total.

Hello again Kahiri
Welcome to MoFo, nice entry BTW... we all have superhero envy.

Here's a questionairre... fill out what you're comfortable with

1). Age
2). Favorite Movie
3). Gender
4). Favorite pasta dish
5). Favorite Superhero
6). Elephant or Donkey or indifferent
7). Favorite music
8). Favorite book
9). What does your username mean?
10). Favorite toy

Originally posted by TWTCommish

Welcome, Kahiri! The post count problem is due to the fact that posts in the Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat forum do not count against your total.
HOLY HECK! The off topic doesn't count for my post numbers? That is most distressing. How shall I ever get my post numbers up then? That requires me actually having something useful to say!

Originally posted by Toose

1). Age
2). Favorite Movie
3). Gender
4). Favorite pasta dish
5). Favorite Superhero
6). Elephant or Donkey or indifferent
7). Favorite music
8). Favorite book
9). What does your username mean?
10). Favorite toy
Uh oh....this is a difficult one...

1) I fit nicely into the oft targeted demographic of 18-35...well, maybe a bit toward the lower end...
2) How can I pick just one when there are so many fantastic movies out there? Glitter, the Scream series, Battlefield Earth...well, okay, maybe not. Actually, I do have a hard time picking just one, but up at the top is The Shining, LOTR:FOTR, and In and Out (a movie from a few years back with Kevin Kline that most people haven't heard of but never fails to have me rolling on the ground laughing).
3) Last time I checked I was alllll female, but those things do have a tendency to spontaneously change...
4) Plain spaghetti noodles with olive oil, garlic, and some mozzerella cheese. Mmmmmm.
5) I don't have a favorite superhero, but I would like to be able to read people's minds, start fires with my mind, get laundrey done on a consistent basis, and walk on water.
6) Elephant, no question. Donkeys can kick, but elephants can stomp, gore, pick up with their trunk and throw...
7) I have a pretty eclectic music collection. In my winamp player is everything from Eminem to The Beattles to Rachmaninoff to Sarah McLachlan.
8) Ooh, this is another difficult one. I like Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card, To Kill A Mockingbird is a frequently read one, I will read pretty much anything that I can find.
9) Kahiri is some Polynesian shellfish god or something that I just found on a mythology website. I think. I can't remember exactly what it means, I just liked it.
10) My most sentimental toy (awww...now I'm going to get all Mushy) is a Pound Puppy that I've had since I was teeny tiny named Brain.

Is that it? Am I now officially initiated, or do I have to run around a parking lot naked as well... (please don't make me...)

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
We usually sacrifice a small goat, but I think the police are on to us now so we don't do that anymore.

Welcome aboard!!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Sorry, don't mean to traumatize you

Thanks for taking the time to answer. You can't be official until TWT says so and I believe he has, so really you could have just blown off my questions. Your response to question #3 is puzzling and I refuse to ask for details, I'm just going to scratch my head for a while.

Oh yes... we are open minded here and nudity is not looked upon with disdain but it's certainly not a requirement. Not unless TWT decides to change the rules.

Wilkommen!

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Kahiri

Actually, I do have a hard time picking just one, but up at the top is The Shining, LOTR:FOTR, and In and Out (a movie from a few years back with Kevin Kline that most people haven't heard of but never fails to have me rolling on the ground laughing).
Not only have I heard of In and Out, but maybe we have rolled on the ground laughing about it, at the same time! Welcome to MoFoLand...enjoy your stay!
We have a shortage of females around here...so join me, patti, and thmmie(Jozie and Snoozle sometimes) in our quest to brighten this Man-Hole!

Originally posted by Kahiri

8) Ooh, this is another difficult one. I like Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card, To Kill A Mockingbird is a frequently read one, I will read pretty much anything that I can find.

Isn't ender's game being made into a new movie?
BTW- Welcome!
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Originally posted by sadesdrk
so join me, patti, and thmmie(Jozie and Snoozle sometimes) in our quest to brighten this Man-Hole!
5 graceful fireflies illuminate the night
they soar, they sing, and take to wing, they incite delight
I love them all truly our MoFo maidens fair
one in particular an answer to a prayer
all are witty, smart and lovely, this I do impart
of the parts of MoFo, they make up the heart.

Thank you ladies for the light you bring us....

Originally posted by mecurdius

Isn't ender's game being made into a new movie?
BTW- Welcome!
I HOPE not! I love movies, I really do, but I can't see how this would be an especially good movie for a couple of reasons:

One, it would be extremely difficult to cast. Child actor prodigies like Haley Joel Osment don't come by the dozen, and most of the characters in Ender's Game are aged between 6 and 12 or 13.

Two, so much of what I think is so excellent about the book is that a lot of the essential developments happen internally. They're in the character's mind.

Three, another thing that I like about the book is how Orson Scott Card can take human emotions, and exaggerate and describe them enough so that they are so clear, even though you've never thought about it before. That would also be hard to depict on screen.

They can raise the ages of the characters some, but it would be hard to capture the rest of it in a movie. At least I have a hard time imagining it getting any better than what I have in my head when I read it. =)

Rock God
hey, welcome aboard. glad to have you here, i'll catch you around.

kahiri, do you know how to use the smilies?

Female assassin extraordinaire.
awww, Toose, how sweet!

Originally posted by Toose

5 graceful fireflies illuminate the night
they soar, they sing, and take to wing, they incite delight
I love them all truly our MoFo maidens fair
one in particular an answer to a prayer
all are witty, smart and lovely, this I do impart
of the parts of MoFo, they make up the heart.

Thank you ladies for the light you bring us....
i can't believe i missed this! Toose, you sure know how to bring on a smile.
right back at ya'.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by patti

i can't believe i missed this! Toose, you sure know how to bring on a smile.
right back at ya'.
Yes he does.

Rock God
hm.... i write poetry all the time. you folks'll never see most of it, though. it's pretty personal, and i'm pretty shy.

here's one i think you'll dig, though.... ahem *clears throat* ahem

MoFo sonnet

There once Were Some Movie forums from nantucket.....

oops! wait, i can't do that one in mixed company. never mind.

Originally posted by patti
kahiri, do you know how to use the smilies?
Ja, I know how to use the smileys. I just choose not to. I prefer the good old sideways smiley. =)

that's cool, i thought that might be the case.

Rock God
the "equals" smiley =) always looks surprised or aroused to me. or maybe both.