12.50%
1 votes
The Royal Tenenbaums
12.50%
1 votes
I have no flippin' idea
8 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I've been waiting for The Man Who Wasn't There, but probably won't get to see it until it comes out on DVD.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I couldn't be a movie fan and live in frippin' Kansas, or anywhere else not close enough to a major metropolitan market. That'd drive me absolutely nutty.

I sometimes get upset knowing I have to wait the two weeks or so here in D.C./Baltimore for those NY/L.A. releases to start spreading out. That's why I just had to motor on up to Manhattan for The Royal Tenenbaums on Friday. My $9 was part of that total!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

It's not too bad in Pittsburgh, thankfully. I've got a nice big theater (Showcase Cinemas Pittsburgh West...the big white building with blue doors) around here that has most major releases. It had "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" when it had expanded, so that was nice...I remember waiting for it to show up there. They don't seem to have room for the slightly less popular stuff though, sorry to say.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
We get a lot of fluff in our theater. More the movies that will bring in money, than those that are actually good. I would love to move to the city like 40 minutes away. They have a nice big theater there that shows just about everything. Has 6 screens, two of which show Harry Potter right now. You may be saying, "Six screens!? That isn't anything." You're right, but it's better than 3 and a half.

The Cinemarks here in town (Plano) are sometimes good about putting on less-than mainstream fare, but when they don't have a particular movie, it's a good bet that the Angelika or the Inwood will have it (unless it's just an LA/NY release of course).

I remember when Rushmore was coming out, and I kept hearing all these things about it. I missed my chance to see it play in Fort Worth as part of some film festival, so I had to wait another several months for it to show up in DFW. And when it showed up, it was at this obscure UA theater (Royal Lane and North Central Expressway. I don't know that the place is even still open now) in an otherwise closed-down mall.

Since they've opened the Angelika, we've gotten more "art-house" fare (I use that term loosely as many of these features are not really "art house" movies) at earlier times.

And by this time next year, I'll be able to just take the train directly to the Angelika (the theater is at the Mockingbird Station, and we're set to get rail service in Plano relatively near me by next December).