Underrated Sequels

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I wouldn't call Highlander 2 underrated. I'd call it the best "bad" movie ever, but not underrated.

Wayne's World 2? Loved the first one and the sequel is still very very funny

I am the Watcher in the Night
I think Ghostbusters 2 is severely underrated, I really enjoyed it. Rocky 2 was another one, it didn't become the circus which was 3,4 and 5 and still maintained the heart of the original.

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome - ok the kids are sappy, but still some awesome Max action!

I dig Predator 2 as well, not nearly as bad as made out, a different lead actor and could have been great!

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Final Destination 2
Gremlins 2

Finished here. It's been fun.
I did not think Rocky V was that bad imo. Not a good movie yeah, but it's certainly not awful. I thought it was a risky move to have a Rocky film with him outside of the ring.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Psycho 2 (It's not great, but I think Anthony Perkins is still awesome in it.)
Hellraiser Inferno
Batman Returns (Not great, but I liked this one more than the original to be honest, and it's the best of the original Batman franchise.)
Alien 3

Rush Hour 2. I believe most people consider the first to be the best (the third is obviously not even close in this debate), which is more than fair, but I just love how they reversed the setting for this sequel, putting Tucker in a foreign environment, just opened up more jokes and martial arts opportunities.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I think GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH is a much better film than the original. I cannot get behind GHOSTBUSTERS 2 though...terrible movie. Also nice to see some love for PSYCHO II and ANY WHICH WAY YOU CAN. I also think Terminator II: Judgment Day is severely underrated and better than the original film.

but now you have my attention
Yeah other movies I think were as good as the first are

Terminator 2
Leathal Weapon 2
Back to the future 2 (or maybe just under)
Sister Act 2 (Guilty Pleasure)
Dark knight (better than the original but it got the credit it deserved so not underrated)

Alines > Alien.

There... I said it!

On the outside looking in.
A lot of people like Aliens and T2, and both are often considered better than their predecessors.
True enough, but the originals are better.

Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me.

Most people would say Austin Powers first film was the best and by and large, Goldmember was the worst (and rightly so, it's garbage).

For me not only do I think the Spy Who Shagged Me is underrated, I think it's the best of the 3. Just had something more fun about it as a whole.

Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me.

Most people would say Austin Powers first film was the best and by and large, Goldmember was the worst (and rightly so, it's garbage).

For me not only do I think the Spy Who Shagged Me is underrated, I think it's the best of the 3. Just had something more fun about it as a whole.
International Man of Mystery >>> Goldmember > The Spy Who Shagged Me

Halloween II, I feel, was as good as the original, although I feel like parts I and II are two halves of a whole.

Neverending Story II
Matrix Sequels (another set of films that seem like one continuous story told in parts.

On the outside looking in.
I will agree with Escape from LA and Predator 2. Both are films I enjoy quite a bit.

And I know I am in the minority but I really enjoyed Iron Man 2.
IRON MAN 2 is as good if not better than the original; I've always felt the climax of IRON MAN was weakened by offering up one fight too many and would have been better served by having the "frozen" Bridges free-fall to his demise.

ESCAPE FROM LA is really quite good if you take it for the satire intended.

Matrix Sequels (another set of films that seem like one continuous story told in parts.
True about the sequels, but the first one was clearly its own movie.