Most Overrated Movies

Tools    

There was this time when I couldn't talk to anybody. I then just couldn't talk to girls/young women. Well, I got over that, and then just couldn't ask them out, which sucked because a few attracted me. I then got a date, and now I flirt with every attractive gal there is. I want to get on America's Got Talent, but Wifey thinks it's because I want to flirt with Mel B. Yes, she's hot, but that isn't my motive for getting on the show. I want to prove I'm funny. The moral of the story is to eat bacon before going on dates.

Dark Knight (I like Nolan though I found his superhero stuff the weakest among his movies)
Lion King (although Disney is not very good for adults Lion King is a movie that even many adults claim to be good)
Ralf Bashki (even though not widely loved they still are overrated)
Kiarostami (not in Iran though, his movies are the definition of pretention)

Hum.....

Hum.....

Hum.....

Oh yeah, Goodfellas I think is kinda overrated but I still think it is very well made, just not a movie whose characters I could identify with.
man still more ignorant people calling dark knight an overrated movie, jesus whats happening to the world...

Dark Knight (I like Nolan though I found his superhero stuff the weakest among his movies)
Lion King (although Disney is not very good for adults Lion King is a movie that even many adults claim to be good)

Hum.....

Hum.....

Hum.....

Oh yeah, Goodfellas I think is kinda overrated but I still think it is very well made, just not a movie whose characters I could identify with.
man still more ignorant people calling dark knight an overrated movie, jesus whats happening to the world...
Are you making a joke or was that legitimate frustration? I was more annoyed at him bashing Bakshi.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Oh yeah, that movie about a whale in a town in Hugary is really overrated.
I know, right? It's has like a scene of a crowd marching for 10 minutes. LAME!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Old stuff that maybe visionary/pioneering for its time but nearly unwatchable now. Citizen Kane

Hum.....

Hum.....

Hum.....

Could you please elaborate on this? Kiarostami's films deal with some of the simplest of ideas and they explore them with a beauty and elegance that is quite frankly unparalleled in cinema. What films of his did you find pretentious? Not that I care too much but pretension is generally the last adjective that is used to describe Kiarostami. His films are often criticised for oversimplifying several socio-political conflicts, misrepresenting Iranian culture and needlessly diverging from a proper narrative structure but I find it difficult to comprehend how one could classify them as pretentious.

@namelesspaladin, The one about the female taxi driver. Really heavy handed bad stuff: 90 minutes of a person saying: Iran oppresses women, Iran oppresses women, Iran oppresses women, Iran oppresses women, Iran oppresses women... would be a better and less heavy handed movie.

And I don't think they are beautiful or elegant instead I think that watching his movies feels like eating construction sand to me. Really arid stuff. Elegant to me would be Chris Marker's stuff.

Are you making a joke or was that legitimate frustration? I was more annoyed at him bashing Bakshi.
I don't like Bakshi's art style. Feels very arid to me, similar in the feeling to Kiarostami's actually.

I can't believe I went in detail through the entire 24 pages.

I tuned out of that one right away like The Godfather. Never finished it.
I actually fell asleep. Still, now I know it's brilliant. My only problem is I have an aversion towards crime movies in general...bc i dont like crime.

I think everyone knows my answer.
I agree, it is irritating, Tarantino and all his cast in all his movies are ********. They produce themselves so much, they all think they're so cool, i get a feeling they think they're God allmighty. Plus, i dont like watching people on drugs shooting and tormenting each other. It is sick. But it's also original and hilarious, so...overrated,but great.

Anyone who thinks Citizen Kane isn't any good is wrong whether it's the best film ever made or not.
It's fantastic, but again overrated. What I was affraid would happen,happened. It's stiff. Just like sw. I'll never be able to give it above 4/5,let alone call it a fave. Still,it's good.

Since i cant stand sw, it's only logical that Pal is my fave. I admit it's aslo bc Ian's Leo. I adore those scenes when he fakes against Mace,and then POWER, UNLIMITED POWER! And the ******* goes 15 miles away. I can't stand those fag jedi ********. And overall,when he kicks Yoda's ass, of course. I adore him.

So yeah this thread got high jacked.

Also, Shaun of the Dead. Nowhere near as funny as Hot Fuzz.
I'd give you an infinity of reps just for Alec.

Almost every Superhero movie
Yes.

Forgive me if you disagree, but... STAR WARS
Ditto.

Lawrence disappointed. It's a pompous spectacle. I like Peter, but he at times is the greatest primadona of all time. I watched Night of general bc it sounded intresting, him playing a nazi general sexual maniac, but when it reached Vincent scene, and that overly irritating face he made, I snapped. Lawrence is probably the best directed fims though, only behind Kwai maybe.

I know I'll maybe hurt Camo, the Gunsman and Cricket, but Taxi Driver disgusted me. I saw it again recently on TV1000,it was better, but watching him going insane, buying guns, shooting and killing people, ? Is this some sort of psychotherapy for post-war veterans suffering from PTSP? Especially American Viet?

Titanic
Crash
The Revenant
La La Land
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Argo
Traffic
American Sniper

There's a plethora of overrated movies, I could go all day, but the immediate 6 that come to mind:

1. The Big Lebowski: I love Coen bros movies for the most part, but I've never been able to grasp the supposed brilliance of this film. It's decent, at best. Fun for a one time viewing, but whenever I see it on, I have no desire to rewatch it.

2. Pulp Fiction: This wouldn't be overrated if people simply labeled it as a very good movie, because it is. It's the fact that many consider it one of the 10 greatest films ever that it's extremely overrated. Not even the best Tarantino movie. Reservoir Dogs, Inglorious Basterds, and arguably Jackie Brown, are all better.

3. Birdman: A movie that tries toooooooo hard to be artsy. It just falls flat. I'd never watch it again.

4. Escape From New York: I can't for the life of me understand why this is considered a classic. I mean, Kurt Russell's character is cool and all, but the movie itself is somewhat silly.

5. The Departed: It's a GOOD movie, but people compare it to Goodfellas far too often. It's not a masterpiece by any stretch, and it's not even a top 5 Scorsese movie.

6. Good Will Hunting: Again, this is not a bad film at all. But it's considered an all time great, which it is not. Seemed better in the 90s than it does today. Still, a decent movie... but definitely not a great one.

Anything Star Wars related, Pirates of the Caribbean sequels, Frozen.

Welcome to the human race...
2. Pulp Fiction: This wouldn't be overrated if people simply labeled it as a very good movie, because it is. It's the fact that many consider it one of the 10 greatest films ever that it's extremely overrated.

Titanic
Crash
The Revenant
La La Land
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Argo
Traffic
American Sniper
Some people may disagree with me, but the thought of Crash (2004) being rated higher than Crash (1996) makes my shoes untie themselves.

Welcome to the human race...
To clarify, this is the full scene. Note how it makes sense in context:

The idea is that DocHolliday was saying "Pulp Fiction wouldn't be overrated if it wasn't considered one of the greatest movies ever made", so I thought that Mugatu's mix of deadpan and bewilderment was an appropriate reaction to such a statement.

The World's Most Dangerous Man
I was not impressed by Pulp Fiction at all. I thought it was too weird for its own good and I can't cope with the fact that it's one of the most well-received movies in the world... I hated that dancing scene. A lot. And all of that talk about foot massage and the constant (not offensive, but unneccessary and stupid) references to black people didn't sit well with me neither... I know that I am in the minority with this opinion, so I can accept the fact that it's a good movie, but come on, even anywhere NEAR a top 10 of the best movies ever? Even with tons of great movies around like Godfather, Shawshank Redemption, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, the Dark Knight, Scarface, the Green Mile, 2001, Apocalypse Now, etc., etc.? I like Tarantino and he has made some truly great contributions to the history of cinema. Pulp Fiction is regarded as one of those contributions, though, and I just don't feel it... I honestly felt that the movie was a bit stupid. Django Unchained was a far superior movie.