Game of Thrones Season 7

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
They finally move Dany to Westeros and NOW you say she is becoming stale? Ridiculous! Also, the Arya/Nymeria scene had a specific point in relation to Arya's character arc, and was handled really well. You may have a point with the Bran thing - Vary's teleports all over the place at will, but Bran just slogs along. You would think he didn't have the use of his legs or something!

Seems like you have a list of things in your mind you want to happen a certain way. I find this invariably leads to disappointment when watching a show or film. Perhaps drop the laundry list and just enjoy the ride!
Yeah we want to see her riding Dragons and ****!! . Tyrion is more stale, has been since end of season 4 really, scenes with him and Missandei/grey worm were cringeworthy last year. Not advising well, not "in the game" as he was previously, feels like a bystander currently.

Arya and Nymeria reunion has been 7 seasons in the making and was just lacklustre. Although I'm 100% certain it won't be too long before we see them together again.

Surely Bran turns up on a horse with special saddle. Meera will look like Conan if she has to drag him to Winterfell.

Generally my main complaint is we get drip fed 1 ep per week and I have to remind myself to stay strong . The wait for the final season will be unbearable.

11 episodes to finish the Game of Thrones! Lots to happen, some eps will be film length though so more like a season and a half I think.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
They finally move Dany to Westeros and NOW you say she is becoming stale? Ridiculous! Also, the Arya/Nymeria scene had a specific point in relation to Arya's character arc, and was handled really well. You may have a point with the Bran thing - Vary's teleports all over the place at will, but Bran just slogs along. You would think he didn't have the use of his legs or something!

Seems like you have a list of things in your mind you want to happen a certain way. I find this invariably leads to disappointment when watching a show or film. Perhaps drop the laundry list and just enjoy the ride!
For what it's worth, I did not read the Arya/Nymeria (however the spelling is!) scene as it was intended to be read, and only realized the intent based on the commentary from HBO Now. I might see it on next viewing, but I think the overall reaction of Arya and comment reference was too subtle to click. At least for me. But it doesn't seem like I'm alone? That misinterpretation led me down completely other paths of thought that really would have been a big distraction for me during later episodes. Great concept. Weak execution, IMO.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
For what it's worth, I did not read the Arya/Nymeria (however the spelling is!) scene as it was intended to be read, and only realized the intent based on the commentary from HBO Now. I might see it on next viewing, but I think the overall reaction of Arya and comment reference was too subtle to click. At least for me. But it doesn't seem like I'm alone? That misinterpretation led me down completely other paths of thought that really would have been a big distraction for me during later episodes. Great concept. Weak execution, IMO.
Can you explain it then?

Can you explain it then?
Sure thing! Though I kinda agree with your comment on spoilers in this thread, ima play it safe with tags.

WARNING: "Not really a spoiler, but just in case someone hasn't seen it yet..." spoilers below

After the show, HBO Now has some commentary segments on a few scenes from the episode. One was Arya meeting her wolf. When the wolf turned and left Arya, she stood there upset that her wolf left her. As the camera zooms closer to Arya, he expression changes and she whispers "That's not you" (or something along those lines), then she smiles.

That was apparently a reference to Season 1, when Ned Stark was talking to Arya about one day growing up, having children, and being a princess or whatever. Her reply to him was "That's not me." So the connection was Arya remembering her defiance to what was expected of her and turning away from that life to choose her own path and seeing that mirrored in her own wolf turning away from Arya, to choose its own path.

A system of cells interlinked
Oh man, I am right there with you on the drip-feed. One episode per week is torture!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Sure thing! Though I kinda agree with your comment on spoilers in this thread, ima play it safe with tags.

WARNING: "Not really a spoiler, but just in case someone hasn't seen it yet..." spoilers below

After the show, HBO Now has some commentary segments on a few scenes from the episode. One was Arya meeting her wolf. When the wolf turned and left Arya, she stood there upset that her wolf left her. As the camera zooms closer to Arya, he expression changes and she whispers "That's not you" (or something along those lines), then she smiles.

That was apparently a reference to Season 1, when Ned Stark was talking to Arya about one day growing up, having children, and being a princess or whatever. Her reply to him was "That's not me." So the connection was Arya remembering her defiance to what was expected of her and turning away from that life to choose her own path and seeing that mirrored in her own wolf turning away from Arya, to choose its own path.
Interesting. I didnt see her say that but that makes sense. I just felt really sad the direwolf turned away, LOL typical dog nut.

I also prefer to play safe with spoilers. Makes it easier for people who are behind to stay in the conversation without smacking them in the teef with a titanic sinks and bambi's mum dies moment. I dont always know who in the tv threads is watching at the same timeso atleast in the first days after an episode I prefer to be cautious. It's no biggy.

Oh man, I am right there with you on the drip-feed. One episode per week is torture!
I'm the opposite - I like the torture. Gets me revved up for the next episode. Or maybe I'm just a masochist.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Surely Bran turns up on a horse with special saddle. Meera will look like Conan if she has to drag him to Winterfell.

Suspect's Reviews

Is this where you heard it ynwtf? I havent listened to it yet but parking here for later

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/p...ones-throwback

Interesting. I didnt see her say that but that makes sense. I just felt really sad the direwolf turned away, LOL typical dog nut.

I also prefer to play safe with spoilers. Makes it easier for people who are behind to stay in the conversation without smacking them in the teef with a titanic sinks and bambi's mum dies moment. I dont always know who in the tv threads is watching at the same timeso atleast in the first days after an episode I prefer to be cautious. It's no biggy.

rofl. I LOVE YOU!!!
WARNING: "for lulz." spoilers below

I saw it and just kept waiting for the thing to pounce and rip her face off. When it turned away, all I could think was wow!!! I guess wearing other people's faces for so long changed her scent!! Then I thought that was just silly, and changed my theory to WOW!!! That's NOT Arya!?! We never saw what happened after the troop meeting in the previous EP!!! AND she was acting really weird when eating the pie!! IT'S NOT HER!!!! The troop was a bunch of a faceless men fanatics and took her face!!! And that wolf KNEW IT!!! RIP HIS FACE OFF, the LIAR!!!

But 10 minutes later I discovered that I'm just an overeager idiot. A disappointed, overeager idiot.

Is this where you heard it ynwtf? I havent listened to it yet but parking here for later

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/p...ones-throwback

yes. that's the clip available from the HBO Now app.

great find btw!

yes. that's the clip available from the HBO Now app.

great find btw!
Just came up on fb shortly after I read your post. Going to listen after feeding time at the zoo routine is complete.

I was a bit tired last night so thought the episode was a bit too talky so I kept nodding off. Will have a rewatch later this week and keep my ear out for that line. So stupid how sad I get over a direwolf turning her back. Silly me.

I liked how they filmed Nymeria slowly advancing behind Arya, with Arya gradually sensing it. Or maybe a twig snapped, like my captioning said happened when Arya first heard the wolves.

I wonder about Lady Olenna. They were supposedly taking her back somewhere and we weren't privy to whether she was taken hostage during the battle. I've heard a rumor and DO NOT READ if you don't want to BE SPOILED, but the rumor is that
WARNING: spoilers below
Lady Olenna takes poison and kills herself, so I think she must be hostage, or if she's home at Highgarden (a lot of YouTube theory videos say that certain scenes in the previews that show Jaime walking around the parapets of a castle are in fact at Highgarden). So if she's back home and Jaime and some of his army arrive, she might off herself.
Hope it's not true as I rather liked the character but they can't ALL survive these last two seasons.

It seems to me that Little Finger signed his death warrant the moment he told Sansa his real intentions to sit on the Iron Throne. I can't see where they can take this character. I think he'll be killed off very soon. Giving Sansa, who is the key to the North, to the Boltons is one of the stupidest things on the show. What were the directors thinking. Little Finger in the books would've never done something so stupid like that.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Teenie Feeng will be around at the end with Vaerys. Cockroaches they are.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
WARNING: "Great fan theory about Samwell and that floating spinning thing from the opening credits." spoilers below
I didn't notice it, but there is a chandelier in the library that is almost identical the "thing" from the opening credits. What if Samwell is actually the one that is documenting everything and we are experiencing the re-telling of his story.

Upon further investigation, this is apparently an old theory. The "chandelier" seems to add a little credence.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
WARNING: "Great fan theory about Samwell and that floating spinning thing from the opening credits." spoilers below
I didn't notice it, but there is a chandelier in the library that is almost identical the "thing" from the opening credits. What if Samwell is actually the one that is documenting everything and we are experiencing the re-telling of his story.

Upon further investigation, this is apparently an old theory. The "chandelier" seems to add a little credence.
Well, he does want to change the title of the story the other Maester is writing. Maybe he'll call it.....Game of Thrones?????