Wonder Woman

Tools    

I think it will be a good film but Wonder Woman seems like a complete bore from what I can see.

You never know. You know who was also considered a complete bore of a character before their movie? Iron Man, that was a flatassed middlin' hero before RDJ and Jon Favreau fixed him right up.
Having said that, this bikini models no RDJ.

I completely agree on Brigitte. She's outstandingly beautiful and gorgeous, unbelieveble body, 185 tall/6' 1 1/2'', yet feminine. hot as hell. She really did reach her peak in Red Sonja, I know you hate it CiCi, but it's funny if nothing else. she also looked great in that modelling scene in Cobra:

Well, if you don't laugh at this...still I liked even that one

You can say what you want, but the music in Sly movies is always great.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I completely agree on Brigitte. She's outstandingly beautiful and gorgeous, unbelieveble body, 185 tall/6' 1 1/2'', yet feminine. hot as hell. She really did reach her peak in Red Sonja, I know you hate it CiCi, but it's funny if nothing else. she also looked great in that modelling scene in [i]Cobra:.
I really want to like it, it's just it has that annoying as hell midget character, Arnie's potential worst performance, a bit of homophobia thrown in there, and Sandahl Bergman's performance is one of the worst I have ever seen in a film... and I've seen The Room. Brigitte is a lovely woman too, so I want to focus on the positives of what she does... but it's so hard to

I agree, with Julie Newmar, I think she is one of the most beautiful women to have graced the big screen!

I really want to like it, it's just it has that annoying as hell midget character, Arnie's potential worst performance, a bit of homophobia thrown in there, and Sandahl Bergman's performance is one of the worst I have ever seen in a film... and I've seen The Room. Brigitte is a lovely woman too, so I want to focus on the positives of what she does... but it's so hard to

I agree, with Julie Newmar, I think she is one of the most beautiful women to have graced the big screen!
You mean that spider or somethingmaaahh what were those names that evil queen, her servant you mean? i ADORE him! I was laughing like a madman! Look on the bright side, man...it has Arnie in it, and if you dig him...Sandahl...is that VOLCAN, you know what I mean or that Chinese kid. He was great! ridiculous! maaahhh This movie has the worst acting of all time it's LUDACRID! they were ALL in a stratospheric disaster! cmon people, we should get serious about the worst movies, directors, actors, performances, characters... serious threads about it. It would be hillarious! i know what my nom would be - Tango & Cash. That was just BRUTAL. Far from the worst, but it's beyond a doubt my favorite worst movie ever.

Yeah, I really love her as a person, too.

how do you explain all these inconsistencies, Steel? Do you have a theory?

Maybe it was influenced by changes in society?

But isn't she supposed to be the ultimate male fantasy anyway, just as you are the ultimate female fantasy?

What do you think how muscular she should be?
I chalk it up to comics history. Comics weren't a big deal in the Golden Age, so writers & artists didn't really make consistency a priority. And all the superheroes that lasted went through changes brought about simply through changes in writers. Superman could only leap in the beginning and when his creators (Siegel & Shuster) went off to war, DC comics created Superboy, which the original creators weren't too happy to discover when they returned. Superman went from being able to lift cars to being able to move planets!

But with WW, it was slightly different simply because she was a woman. She was basically comic book eye candy. On a team she was a token female, so it didn't really matter if her powers were consistent as long as she could cook, lasso crooks and look good in a bathing suit. And although her creator (William Moulton Marston) intended her to be a model of feminism. the rest of society wasn't quite ready for full equality, so when she was mixed in with the rest of the DC universe, she was still kept a lot weaker than the guys (for a while anyway).

In the modern age she began to be raised to Superman's level (power wise). As of right now, I don't know where she's at since I haven't read a new comic in about 5 years.

I chalk it up to comics history. Comics weren't a big deal in the Golden Age, so writers & artists didn't really make consistency a priority. And all the superheroes that lasted went through changes brought about simply through changes in writers. Superman could only leap in the beginning and when his creators (Siegel & Shuster) went off to war, DC comics created Superboy, which the original creators weren't too happy to discover when they returned. Superman went from being able to lift cars to being able to move planets!

But with WW, it was slightly different simply because she was a woman. She was basically comic book eye candy. On a team she was a token female, so it didn't really matter if her powers were consistent as long as she could cook, lasso crooks and look good in a bathing suit. And although her creator (William Moulton Marston) intended her to be a model of feminism. the rest of society wasn't quite ready for full equality, so when she was mixed in with the rest of the DC universe, she was still kept a lot weaker than the guys (for a while anyway).

In the modern age she began to be raised to Superman's level (power wise). As of right now, I don't know where she's at since I haven't read a new comic in about 5 years.
Just how strong is Superman? Is it even possible to be stronger than him? Are there limits? Could he tear up the entire universe? I think the super idea is that he came from Krypton and Earth's atmosphere made his dense molecular structure give him his strenght. So, on Krypton he would be an average? Is there anyone stronger?

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Just how strong is Superman? Is it even possible to be stronger than him? Are there limits? Could he tear up the entire universe? I think the super idea is that he came from Krypton and Earth's atmosphere made his dense molecular structure give him his strenght. So, on Krypton he would be an average? Is there anyone stronger?
Kryptonians on Krypton are "normal" beings with advanced technology. Superman gets his power from weaker atmosphere and stronger sun, at least that is the part used most of the time.

Doomsday actually killed Superman, because he develops and evolves quickly, that is first thing that comes to mind, here are few other who defeated him:

Batman (and Green Arrow)
Green Lantern
Zod
Darkseid
Captain Marvel (Shazam)
Wonder Woman
Amazo
Lex Luthor
Teen Titans
Metallo

Kryptonians on Krypton are "normal" beings with advanced technology. Superman gets his power from weaker atmosphere and stronger sun, at least that is the part used most of the time.

Doomsday actually killed Superman, because he develops and evolves quickly, that is first thing that comes to mind, here are few other who defeated him:

Batman (and Green Arrow)
Green Lantern
Zod
Darkseid
Captain Marvel (Shazam)
Wonder Woman
Amazo
Lex Luthor
Teen Titans
Metallo

Wow, thanks!

Do you care to tell how Batman killed him? Am I right in saying he's actually not a superhero, he's merely human, out of all of them, because he has no superpowers? Ah, that's very interesting, Zod did defeat him afterall. And Wonder Woman too. Did she do it by pure brute physical strength? Is she stronger than him? Who is the strongest? Lex Luthor, too. But do you mean that from the original movie? I love that scene, because it was the proverbial mind over muscle. Gene used his wit.

May I ask which comic book is this from? I'd like to read it, I'm a huge comic book fan. And maybe those who are prologue to it also?

It looks overly intense, even a bit unpleasant, though. But I guess that's the idea.

Not a problem mate.

Do you care to tell how Batman killed him?
He didn't kill Superman, he defeated him. In The Dark Knight Returns (one of the most famous events) he staged the fight, so in the last moment Green Arrow can shot him with kryptonite arrow, then Batman beats up Superman and pretends to have a heart attack.

Am I right in saying he's actually not a superhero, he's merely human, out of all of them, because he has no superpowers?
Yea, you can say that, but Batman still has some things that would be impossible for our world, for example learning over 100 fighting styles, but as that dose not count as a superpower you are correct.

Ah, that's very interesting, Zod did defeat him afterall. And Wonder Woman too. Did she do it by pure brute physical strength? Is she stronger than him? Who is the strongest? Lex Luthor, too. But do you mean that from the original movie? I love that scene, because it was the proverbial mind over muscle. Gene used his wit.
Superman is weak against magic, that is advantage for Wonder Woman, I can't remember name of the comic, but I can remember she was controlled by someone. It's hard to say who is strongest, they all have advantages and disadvantages, flaws. Batman defeated Superman but he is not even close to Superman in terms of power. Lex defeated him while using his kryptonite suit.

May I ask which comic book is this from? I'd like to read it, I'm a huge comic book fan. And maybe those who are prologue to it also?
Batman beats him:
- The Dark Knight Returns
- Hush (the fight itself happens in two chapters out of 12, I think it's 4-5 but I'm not sure)
- Endgame ( #35 - #36)
- Tower of Babel (Batmans security plans are stolen and used to defeat Justice League, it is not Batman personally who dose it but his methods and ideas are used).

Doomsday beats him:
- Full story arc collection: The Death and Return of Superman
- Issue of his death: Superman vol. 2 #75

Ah, sorry, i got it wrong. He defeated him. Did anyone ever kill him? I seem to have read a comic book Death of Superman or something like that, but I could be wrong.

Thanks.

Ah, sorry, i got it wrong. He defeated him. Did anyone ever kill him? I seem to have read a comic book Death of Superman or something like that, but I could be wrong.

Thanks.
That would be Doomsday.

yeah i have the death of superman comics still unsealed in their packaging. stupid comics are all pretty worthless. hell the only comic I have of any value is web of spiderman #1 and it's literally the same price it was 20 years ago - which means it's gone down in value due to inflation.

at least they're not quite as worthless as comic cards. i have a set that used to be $5 a pack and now the whole set can be bought for $5 on ebay

I have to return some videotapes...
Wonder Woman doesn't grab me in the slightest, I may not even go see it because DC isn't really taking this character seriously in my opinion. They cast a model who hasn't really acted in much of anything except the Furious films which isn't too good to have on your record and they decide not to show any of her dialogue in any trailers, which worries me. I also just think this is a stupid idea to go back 100 years much like CA: First Avenger (2011), why do this when there are so many stories to tell in the present. It just seems like a half cooked idea with a screenplay by the guy who did Pan (2015) which also scares me. It boggles my mind that DC always takes chances on who they cast and have helm their blockbuster projects, they should be much more nervous about f*cking with these brands. They are way too far behind Marvel in the way of franchising to just go around throwing unproven people onto these huge blockbusters.

They should have used Adrianna Palicki she was already fitted for a a costume and she looks like WW is. Last i recall WW was not paper thin. She was curvy and fit. Kinda Like Xena in a way.

WIZARD Magazine did a top ten most powerful heroes of all time, and Superman came in at #3, Thor was #2 (yes!), And Silver Surfer was #1.

http://madills.blogspot.com/2009/09/...heroes-in.html

Why is Silver Surfer Stronger Then The Hulk. Isnt he just powered by his Board. I never noticed he had super strength.

Why is Silver Surfer Stronger Then The Hulk. Isnt he just powered by his Board. I never noticed he had super strength.
Maybe they meant powerful as in all together power, not just physical strenght.

The Silver Surfer is nearly omnipotent because he is imbued with "the Power Cosmic."

The Power Cosmic is a god-like power of creation & destruction wielded by the immortal being called Galactus.

Norrin Rad (who would sacrifice his life to serve Galactus in order that Galactus would spare Rad's planet, and who would become the Silver Surfer) was given the Power Cosmic by Galactus to enable him to traverse the universe in search of suitable (edible) planets for Galactus to consume.