Shrek Forever After

Tools    

Shrek Forever After Synopsis & First Image

Ever since Dreamworks Animation announced their line-up for 2009-2012 earlier this year, there seems to have been a distinct lack of info coming out about arguably their biggest upcoming film, the fourth installment in the highly successful Shrek franchise, this time entitled Shrek Forever After (previously Shrek Goes Fourth). More focus has been placed on the spin-off film, Puss In Boots, particularly with voice star Antonio Banderas giving us some insight into what characters will appear in the movie, etc…

However, today, thanks to USA Today, we have our first look at Shrek Forever After, as well as the first in-depth synopsis of the film. Unfortunately the image isn’t high-res, or even that big of a size, but it nonetheless give us our first look at the film which may or may not be highly-anticipated after the critical failure that was Shrek the Third. Here’s the synopsis from the fourth Shrek:

“After rescuing a princess, getting hitched and fathering triplets, Shrek is feeling over-domesticated. ‘He has lost his roar,’ says director Mike Mitchell. ‘It used to send villagers running away in terror. Now they run to him and ask him to sign their pitchforks and torches.’”

“To regain his ogre mojo, he strikes a deal with Rumpelstiltskin, the wee troublemaker who popped up briefly in Shrek 2 and 3. Of course, the pact goes awry and Shrek must confront what life would be like in Far Far Away if he had never existed. That translates into Donkey being forced into cart-pulling duty, fat and lazy Puss in Boots trading his sword for a pink bow and the underhanded Rumpelstiltskin ruling the kingdom.”
The film is being described as the, “Brothers Grimm meets It’s A Wonderful Life,” the latter being the whole “see what life would be like without him” aspect for Shrek. That idea fits quite well with the whole fairy tale universe of Shrek. They’re making more use of Rumpelstiltskin this time around (who’s being voced by Walt Dohrn and NOT Paul McCartney as has been falsely reported), after he made brief appearances in the second and third films.

Shrek and Rumpelstiltskin

As usual with the Shrek franchise, the fourth will see some new characters be introduced: Kathy Griffin and Flight of the Conchord’s Kristin Schaal are voicing a couple of witches who hunt ogres, and Mad Men’s John Hamm is voicing an underground resistance group leader who’s described by director, Mike Mitchell as, “the best-looking ogre you’ve ever seen.”.

Will this be the final Shrek film? The name seems to suggest so, as does the post over at USA Today containing the above image and synopsis. However, there’s been rumblings that a fifth installment might follow this one, and generally there’s too much money to be made for the studio to not at least consider doing another. Once people stop going to see them, that’s when the studio will look elsewhere and stop making them.

Along with the first image and synopsis, we also learn that we’ll get our first look at a trailer for Shrek 4 before Avatar on December 18th. If you are already planning on seeing Shrek 4, a trailer isn’t really needed to motivate you.

Shrek Forever After hits regular and 3D (which is a franchise first) theaters on May 21st, 2010.

Source Screenrant

Making a difference
This is actually the real mccoy. jst classic.

Employee of the Month
Mmmh-mmmh.... the third part sucks, but I will probably going to see this one.
The plot is interesting and hopefully Justin Timberlake is not in it.

I loved the first Shrek movie. I really wish they left it at that but this is big buisness and its all about the scratch. I won't be suprised when Shrek 1o the golden years comes out . My kids will probly be happy another shrek movie is in the works.With that said I will most definetly be pursaded to see this one.

Shrek Forever After Teaser Trailer

The first trailer for Shrek Forever After, the fourth installment in the Shrek franchise, has popped up online. We’ll direct you there in a second.

If you haven’t yet heard what the film is about, here’s quick rundown:
Longing for the days when he felt like a “real ogre,” Shrek is duped into signing a pact with the smooth-talking deal-maker, Rumpelstiltskin (see pic above) and finds himself in a twisted, alternate version of Far Far Away, where ogres are hunted, Rumpelstiltskin is king and Shrek and Fiona have never met. Now, it’s up to Shrek to undo all he’s done in the hopes of saving his friends, restoring his world and reclaiming his one True Love.
Without further delay, to watch the teaser trailer in HD click here or watch it below:

&feature=player_embedded

Here is the teaser poster as well:

Voice work will be done by Mike Myers, Cameron Diaz, Eddie Murphy, Antonio Banderas, Julie Andrews, Justin Timberlake, Jon Hamm, Maya Rudolph, Amy Sedaris, Larry King, Regis Philbin, and Kathy Griffin.

Shrek Forever After will be in theaters on May 21st, 2010.

Source: Screenrant

Female Jungle Poster
I still haven't seen 2 & 3.
Ditto. I might rent them, if only to catch up and get a peep at the triplets.

Doubtful that I'll go for the fourth installment, since I detest Kathy Griffin.

(But I must admit that the trailer's obese Puss-in-Boots has tickled my funny bone. Thanks, jrs!)

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

Thts really great...
i am a huge fan!!!
I love Donkey{eddy playing it!}

ya~~~it is so nice.waiting...

Female Jungle Poster
I think I'll try to get up to speed with the assistance of Youtube tonight.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
A lot of kids will surely enjoy watching this movie.. Can't wait to see it.. Shrek and donkey are very funny in shrek 1 and 2... they surely are best friends..

Shrek Forever After Trailer

Following the initial teaser trailer we now have a full trailer for the fourth film in the popular Shrek franchise, entitled Shrek Forever After. The name and the poster suggest this will be the final installment but tell that to the studio execs once this sequel makes another gazillion dollars at the box office…

Before we get to the trailer, let’s remind ourselves of what this particular Shrek adventure entails:

Longing for the days when he felt like a “real ogre,” Shrek is duped into signing a pact with the smooth-talking deal-maker, Rumpelstiltskin (see pic above) and finds himself in a twisted, alternate version of Far Far Away, where ogres are hunted, Rumpelstiltskin is king and Shrek and Fiona have never met. Now, it’s up to Shrek to undo all he’s done in the hopes of saving his friends, restoring his world and reclaiming his one True Love.
Without further ado, here’s the new Shrek Forever After trailer..

You can watch the trailer in HD over at Yahoo.

Those of you who are fans of the franchise will be happy to know that all three of the main voice actors – Mike Myers, Cameron Diaz and Eddie Murphy – are back for the fourth movie. Antonio Banderas is also returning as Puss in Boots (who is getting his own spinoff movie), and joining the fun are Julie Andrews, Justin Timberlake, Jon Hamm, Maya Rudolph, Amy Sedaris, Larry King, Regis Philbin and Kathy Griffin. Once again, a Shrek film will be littered with voices you know you recognize from somewhere but can’t quite place.

Shrek Forever After will make its world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival on April 21st. It hits 3D and regular 2D theaters on May 21st, 2010.

Source: Screenrant

I dont know about this.... It is good that its over.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
To me it feels like they ran out of story to tell, which is the reason for this fantasy reality portion of the film.

Out of all the pictures, the only ones I like are the ones of the actors beside their characters.

I never cared for 2 or 3. The original had a sense of adventure to it. The others do not.

Suspect's Reviews

I quite liked the third installment, but there's no doubt that the first is not only head and shoulders above the other two, but actually the only one worth seeing. There's also a strong possibility that it's the charm of the first that gets it through. Something it may no longer have 10 years on.

Hm - so that's what Antonio Banderas looks like these days!

I LOVED the first one, liked the second and was sorely disappointed with the third. Regardless, I feel like I'll be seeing this one still - whether in theaters or on DVD is yet to be determined.