My top 100 favorite films of all time.

→ in
Tools    

Please hold your applause till after the me.
I'M BACK AGAIN, THIS WILL BE FINISHED ONE DAY, I SWEAR!

Raging Bull

Easily one of Scorsese's best, the raw intensity of the film will never leave, even when outside the boxing ring. The film can be straight up hard to watch sometimes due to how intense and uncomfortable these scenes are to watch, and Scorsese utilizes it to the finest point imaginable. Powerhouse performances all around, do I even need to discuss De Niro. This is easily the finest performance I've ever seen, period, it's why De Niro is my favorite actor of all time, and Raging Bull is easily one of my favorites of all time.

I LOVE Good Will Hunting! Indeed such a clever script, extremely well written but not in the "textbook kind of way". There is some youthfulness to it; a nice spontaneous feel that I really like.

Conjuring is one of the best modern horror movies indeed, Big Lebowski is a cult classic and I liked Rebecca well enough put it's not top notch Hitch for me...

I really liked Raging Bull but it's a movie that needs to be seen again for me.

Say hello to my little friend!
I really didn't like Raging Bull for some reason, I didn't like Scorsese's GoodFellas, either. I enjoyed Taxi Driver, The Departed and The Wolf of Wall Street, and I am really waiting for Scorsese's The Irishman (2018) to see Al Pacino & DeNiro together once again.

Prince of Egypt

While many people still argue what the best cinematic telling of Exodus is, I personally enjoy Prince of Egypt slightly more. I think this is one of the most underrated films ever made. It has some of the most gorgeous 2D animation I've ever seen in my life, the characters are well realized and complex, the voice acting is top notch, and the music is beautiful. Even if you aren't a religous person, I still recommend this phenomenal animated masterpiece.

Once again, AGREED.

Love that movie. I'm still impressed by how similar our taste in movies is. I agree with like 95% of this list and the last 5% are movies I haven't seen. Quite impressive...

Raging Bull is fantastic.

Its been a while since I've seen The Prince of Egypt but I remember liking it.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Once again, AGREED.

Love that movie. I'm still impressed by how similar our taste in movies is. I agree with like 95% of this list and the last 5% are movies I haven't seen. Quite impressive...
Glad to hear it.

Mad Max: Fury Road

For the longest time, I was torn as to which I liked more, Road Warrior or Fury Road. But Fury Road just slightly races ahead due to the fact that it should have sucked. It was a fourth installment/reboot of a popular franchise released during a CG heavy summer. But it didn't give in to the new, it embraced the new. It gave us the same stylized world and stunt based action, but utilized the new technology to work with good old fashioned practical effects. And not to mention, the entire movie is just one big, badass, rush of energy, and it deserves to be seen by all. A true reboot done right.

Children of Men

Alfonso Cauron presents his magnum opus with this realistic, gritty sci fi film. What sets this film apart from most apocalyptic films is that it feels like a legitimate possibility of the future. The events that unfold in the film are that of actions made by real people driven insane by mankinds impending and supposedly inevitable extinction. Cauron also puts you right in the film, utilizing long takes not as a gimmick, but as a means to put you in the situation with the characters, and Lubezki's fantastic cinematography add the the intesity and horror. And whenever people talk about powerful scenes with no dialogue, I always reference this film, for it contains one of the most powerful silent moments in all of cinema, I won't spoil it, but if you've seen the film then you already know what I'm talking about. This is truly a classic.

Going into the last 50 with style!!

Children of Men is in my top 10 on my profile. I "hate" lists, but it's certainly up there as one of my all-time favourites. I agree with what you said too. I wrote a review for it, which is an older one, but one of my personal favourite reviews of my own. https://www.movieforums.com/communit...06#post1307006

Excellent movie. Masterpiece.

Going into the last 50 with style!!

Children of Men is in my top 10 on my profile. I "hate" lists, but it's certainly up there as one of my all-time favourites. I agree with what you said too. I wrote a review for it, which is an older one, but one of my personal favourite reviews of my own. https://www.movieforums.com/communit...06#post1307006

Excellent movie. Masterpiece.
Nice.

I’m waiting for the @NextScorsese! Well aren’t we all?

But seriously, such a shame he never finished this list. It was looking to be one of my favorites on the site. Dude hasn’t been online in a year.