Perfect Harmony

Tools    

Emmy winner Bradley Whitford returns to NBC in an amusing musical comedy about a recently widowed, alcoholic music professor who decides to become the director for the church choir of a small rural community. With the help of some edgy writing, Whitford is makes this musical Ebeneezer Scrooge kind of fun. Anna Camp from the Pitch Perfect franchise charms as the divorced waitress with a young son who is torn between soon to be ex-husband Wayne (Will Greenberg) and the big galoot named Dwayne (Gene Segers). The guy who changes the names of movie titles is not funny at all, but Gene Segers has the most amazing voice I have ever heard and every moment he will be allowed onscreen to sing would be worth the price of admission alone, but traditionally, network television audiences don't like anything musical, so I don't see this lasting beyond Christmas.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
You liked this show a lot more than I did. I made it through the first episode, and decided to give it a few more episodes to see if it got any better, but I couldn't even make it through the second episode.

Ep 3 was pretty funny...there are some great singers in the cast who are being shoved in the background because they are not as big a star as Anna Camp...hope that changes.

Just wrapped ep 5...the show is starting to be less and less about the choir and more about the stereotyped characters, which I didn't mind because the choir made them interesting. I liked at the dance when they slowed down the tempo of "The Electric Side." Loved Kurtwood Smith as Bradley Whitford's ex-father-in-law.