Movie Forums Top 100 War Movies - Group Watch

→ in
Tools    

The movie I picked is the most well known of any of the other noms in this thread. I chose it because there are a few people who have participated who don't have it crossed off their lists.

I'm glad it wasn't my turn because the movie I tried to watch tonight, which was hopefully going to be my next selection, was so bad that I shut it off after 20 minutes. Anybody ever see 84C MoPic (1989)?

Coming Home (1978, Hal Ashby)...A really well made, well acted film. I suggest people watch it! I think they would be impressed.

I bought Coming Home on blu ray a few years ago, but have never seen it. I've been meaning to watch it for a while now. I'm definitely going to finally watch it today!

My main question to anyone who watches Coming Home is if they consider it to be a war film. I'm on the fence and would like to hear some opinions.

I love the movie and see Hal Ashby as one of the 70's best directors. Voight and Fonda give 2 of my favorite performances and they both won Oscars.

I'm glad it wasn't my turn because the movie I tried to watch tonight, which was hopefully going to be my next selection, was so bad that I shut it off after 20 minutes. Anybody ever see 84C MoPic (1989)?

Coming Home (1978, Hal Ashby)...A really well made, well acted film. I suggest people watch it! I think they would be impressed.
Never heard of that

I've never heard of 84C MoPic.

I finally watched Coming Home on blu ray. Good movie. I thought it was a well acted and effective drama. It won't make my ballot, but I think it has a good shot at making the countdown.

My main question to anyone who watches Coming Home is if they consider it to be a war film. I'm on the fence and would like to hear some opinions.

I love the movie and see Hal Ashby as one of the 70's best directors. Voight and Fonda give 2 of my favorite performances and they both won Oscars.
Technically, no I would not consider it a war film. It is more of a romantic drama, with the effects of war as a subplot. I have no objection to others classifying it as a war film though.

Technically, no I would not consider it a war film. It is more of a romantic drama, with the effects of war as a subplot. I have no objection to others classifying it as a war film though.
Yea that's pretty much how I see it. I'm not one who cares what different sites classify a film as, I have to believe it.

This is kinda how I feel about The Deer Hunter. Only part of the middle act had to do with war while the rest of the movie had to deal with the rest of the world.

This is kinda how I feel about The Deer Hunter. Only part of the middle act had to do with war while the rest of the movie had to deal with the rest of the world.
That makes sense. Personally, I think of The Deer Hunter as a war film, but I can see why some might not.

I'll be rewatching Coming Home in day or two. From what I remember it was about the aftermath of the Vietnam war on a wounded solider. I consider it a war movie (I think), but...it's been so long since I seen it I can verily remember it. I'll post my review after I watch it.

84C MoPic (1989)
Never heard of that
I've never heard of 84C MoPic.
I'm guessing either has anyone else at MoFo. I did a search for it and the only references were in the Baker's Dozen Game and a list of cult movies. The only person who ever wrote about it said this:
...subjective camera work... One of the few movies to use it throught-out the entire movie the only other one that I can think of is called 84C MoPic (1989) and it's a war movie quite good too...
Maybe I should've finished the movie? Any brave souls want to watch that and report back, I have a HD link for it.

Maybe I should've finished the movie? Any brave souls want to watch that and report back, I have a HD link for it.
Make it your next nomination for this thread...if you dare.