Reviewing movies that are morally offensive

→ in
Tools    

Originally Posted by Mose
This brings up one of my pet peeves actually. I think it's about time the MPAA sat down and really worked on revamping their system for ratings movies. A perfect example (IMHO) was 2002's Whale Rider. The dang movie was rated "PG-13 for brief language and a momentary drug reference." I'm sorry, this was a wonderful and moving film I would actually encourage my children to see, regardless of age.
...or Amélie getting an 'R' rating in America alongside films like Natural Born Killers.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

the only hayward man will ever need
Originally Posted by Jackie Malfoy
Now I got this from a Cathloic newsletter and I am not saying if it is right or not I was just wondering if you argee or not! Below is the list of these movies!

"House of the Dead"

There are alot more but I am too lazy to type them out that and I have no time so if you want to see this online go to A.D. Times.com!So do you guys argee or not?See you around!JM
HOUSE OF THE DEAD is the worst F*****G film i have EVER seen. that is no lie. that film makes me seriously angry at how Uwe Boll got the rights to make that heap of S**T!
"I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. I felt like destroying something beautiful." - Tyler Durden

If you want to see something that's morally offensive see what happened in Rwanda in Hotel Rwanda. If your morals are offended by fiction, then there's something wrong with you.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
...or Amélie getting an 'R' rating in America alongside films like Natural Born Killers.
This is completely ridiculous, and I agree with Slay 100%. Amelie is such a wonderful, well....happy film, all around. Makes me happy anyway.

"But they show a baby coming out of a vagina"

Oh ya, child birth, that is totally offensive and the poor little children need to be protected from that knowledge. Horse apples!!!!

I feel sorry for all the young adults that missed out on this one because of this....

Randomly visiting for now
Well Butterfly effect had some pretty intense scenes but I was in no way offended. Look away people. Fast Forward. Don't WATCH IT!

We're talking about adults yes? not children because that's a whole other issue but I reckon any person with half a brain can work out that House of the Dead is going to be somewhat like the name suggests.

I can't speak for everyone but the sort of people I know who don't like gore or don't like swearing or don't like horror generally avoid movies that are likely to contain it.

People need to just read a review, ask around, find out something first! Or they should prepare to be morally offended!

motivationally deficient
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Amelie got an R in america?!. thats news to me its just M15 in Aus. I dont know much about the Us rating system. could someone explain it?.

I rule
Just depends on individuals morals, one persons offensive is not the same as another’s, the only thing I would consider avoiding is films in which animals (or in an unlikely case people) are deliberately tortured or killed in the making of and maybe a film which had the sole intention of promoting hate crimes.

The films on that list seem very tame to me …

REVIEWS

Anonymous Last told me to drop in ...

First off. This message was not typed by a "supreme being". It is meant only meant to raise questions in search of the truth.

Movies, and Moviemakers are held in high regards by all.
In their elevated position they have the power to change
and create worlds (so to speak), shed light on dark situations,
or glorify either side of human nature.

My questions: Is evan a lifetime of mental absorbtion of a false reality
worth the suffering of one little girl/boy who doesn't have the
mental capacity to fully understand the situation? Have you ever
considered how many adults there are in the world who are greatly
affected by what they percieve as a more glamorous world of violence,
coupled with sex, and glorified drug use. (note that I am not saying sex is bad, or
even drugs in moderation.) Have you considered the fact that these people will
breed? They will reproduce, and pass their ideas on to their children who will do the
same.

Do we not want to make this thing better?

Let me know what your ideas are.

"I believe that every life is a ripple...
...each of our actions echo far beyond our life."