The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

Tools    

This is probably slightly ahead of the LOTR trilogy on my "God, if you're up there, please don't let them screw this up" list. LOTR is more powerful, and more epic story, but these books are practically a rite of passage in my family.

I'm rather nervous about Disney running the show, but I get the impression they're not meddling much. I'm happy with most of the cast and crew so far, but -- like LOTR -- I'll be a bit anxious until the first trailer is released, at which time I'll (hopefully) be reassured.

yeah me too.

I must say I am quite happy with the kids looks- they all look remarkably well, Peter looks a bit different, but that's alright.

And remember WETA!Their reputation is established now for making fantasy reality.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

me three
the simple yet endearing narrative style in the books I think will be difficult to capture, but I'll probably check it out, I loved the books

It was a boring conversation anyway
Oh I heard somewhere I think Newsweek or one of those magazines...That Nicole Kiddman is playing The White Witch I think if she does shell be perfect as the role.

Witch's Jewel
Actually, as allthatglitters said earlier, Tilda Swinton will be the White Witch. She'll be good, I think she has the right kind of face for that. Empire suggested that Liz Hurley could play the wardrobe because her acting was so wooden.

Not that much more to say just some release and title information.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is going to be the full title (obviously ). I wish it was as easy as an acronym as LOTR was, but TCON might take a while for me to get used to.

I like the tag line though; 'There are a thousand stories in the land of Narnia...the first is about to be told.'

I've been waiting for this film for almost my whole entire life, even when I didn't know it I was waiting for it, and reading that just gave me chills. They still don't have a release date yet, but they're looking at December 2005. Now that they are in production though whatever predictions they make are now expected to be fairly accurate.

Looks like this is coming together nicely. Lots of great ppl involved- gives me a lot of hope that this will be awesome.

http://filmforce.ign.com/narnia/arti.../554117p1.html

I'm looking forward to this adaptaion, its about time this story gets a fair shake!

The BBC Mini series of TLWW was Horrid.... The actors were bad.. the special effects were horrid.. oh... it was a fiasco.. Though I do love the books and hope for a good Movie adaption

Here's a set report from Cinecon:
http://www.cinecon.com/news.php?id=0410261

Didn't catch part 1- so I'll have to back to read it.

*bump*

Wanted to share some concept art that I saw to update theread. Why is everyone so quiet?

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/041130a.php

Lets put a smile on that block
oh my god im so looking forward to this series of films. i hope they're as magical as the books, the dirctor seems to be a pretty Peter Jacksonesque fan of the series so he should do it justice.

jrs, you should post around here more, i know ya doing your blogging etc but never seem to actually see you on the forums that much...

I am so happy about this movie. It's going to take me out of post-LOTR depression.

Supposedley (sp?), they're going to retain the Christian allegories. The Chronicles are beautiful stories, but they're a classic because even if you don't believe in it, you can appreciate its deeper meaning.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib

jrs, you should post around here more, i know ya doing your blogging etc but never seem to actually see you on the forums that much...

True....but some people should pay attention to the blog before they post.

That footage they just released of the behind the scenes stuff was great. I was shocked when I saw the Minotaur costume. I'm glad they're using actual costumes for some of this stuff rather than straight CG.

Originally Posted by jrs
True....but some people should pay attention to the blog before they post.

Didn't mean to step on your toes, but I didn't know it was un PC to share info directly in the thread. I have been in this thread since October and no one has said anything. I was just excited to share what I had found - I'm really looking forward to this movie.

Originally Posted by archaeopteryx
The BBC Mini series of TLWW was Horrid.... The actors were bad.. the special effects were horrid.. oh... it was a fiasco.. Though I do love the books and hope for a good Movie adaption
What you talkin bout willis!
I tought it was good myself