Reviews on your favorite Batman movies!

→ in
Tools    

Ok here are my reviews on the batman movies starting with my favorite one Batman Forever!

"Batman Forever"**** My favorite of all four of them this one is funny and alittle different then the two first batman movies!But different in a good way!(To me anyway!)Jim Cery is the best Riddle and Tommy Lee Jones is a great Two face!They are great as a team in the movies and have the best lines!
The soundtrack as well has good songs from the movie including my favorite "Kiss by a Rose"by seal!My favorite of all four of them!

"Batman"*** My second favorite and to me the best and only real batman Micheal Keaton is a great batman and I think is the best one then the other two!Val Kimmer is the second best and the worst batman is George for the last batman/Very dark then the last two batmans good music and good acting keep you interested and Jack Nickersin is the best Joker!
He also has the best lines in the movies!Great first batman movie ever!

"Batman and Robin" * the worst batman I had seen yet really pointless the only actor who is good is Mr Freze who keeps the movie alive!Proion Ivy also has her moments but the whole idea of Batgirl to me is pointless and stupid!My least favorite of all of them!
Whew well I am done!So what is everyone's review on the movies?and which is your favorite of all four of them!See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
The only thing that kept Batman and Robin alive was Arnold Schwarzenegger. He had a great role but the movie lacked to bring what the first Batman movie gave us.

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
And what happened with Batman Returns?

They were pretty much all stinkers IMHO.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Batman (1989)
GRADE: B
Batman Returns
GRADE: C+
Batman Forever
GRADE: D-
Batman & Robin
GRADE: F

The original Burton-helmed Batman is a good, solid flick. While it doesn't go full-hog for the graphic sensibilty that Frank Miller's revolutionary, influential and brilliant The Dark Knight Returns captured, it has enough of that darkness to make a credible big screen adaptaion of Batman, basically free of the gag-laden intentional camp from the '60s TV show or the complete innocence of the '70s cartoons. Nicholson's over-the-top Pop Art performance helps make it rewatchable.

Batman Returns is even darker than the first Batman, but unfortunately the story is hopelessly muddled. A triumph of production design, but not much else. Too bad Burton didn't have the power to make the first film as dark and creepily gothic as the second, because with the stronger script it would have been truly Frank Miller-esque. Oh, well.

Batman Forever, where Joel Schumacher takes over the reigns from Burton...and begins to immediately dismantle whatever momentum and good-will the first blockbuster movie still had working for the franchise. Noisy, unfocused, dreadfully acted and scripted, a soulless, pointless, irritating mess. And as deafening and annoying as it is, above all else it is BORING. Dreadful, really.

Batman & Robin somehow manages the impossible: it's even much worse than Batman Forever. Unwatchable dreck! Completely inept in every single way. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy's dog.

But, your mileage may vary.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by T-850
And what happened with Batman Returns?
I can't forget about that movie!I give that movie three stars it was really dark and very enjoyable!The music was good too!
I knew I forgot about something!But you guys are right the first two batmans were dark but the later ones were more funny and not that dark or depressing!
I wonder why?Anyway see you guys tomorrow!JM

Bruce Campbell Groupie
Batman-this rocked because it had Jack Nicholson in.

Batman Returns-this rocked because it had Christopher Walken in

Batman Forever-this was only saved by the prescene of Tommy Lee jONES AND Jim Carrey

Batman and Robin-not even Arnie and George could save this one.

The Green Lantern
Batman--Great

Batman Returns--Really good

Batman Forever--Bad. Movie tie-in book was three times better. This was the movie that I fell in love with Nicole KIdman. Tommy Lee (great actor) but he did a horrible just as Two-Face.

Batman & Robin--one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Reading the movie tie-in book put me to sleep

A system of cells interlinked
Batman A

Batman Returns B-

Batman Forever D

Batman and Robin G (worse than F folks)

The grading scale should go to G for this franchise. Batman is one of my all time favorite fictional characters. Deep, enigmatic, collected, and always ahead of the game. His only downfall being his tormented soul that he unleashes only on those who deserve it. He is the epitome of the duality of nature. Burton managed to capture this essence in the first film, and somewhat in the second. Shumacher is THE WORST director ever in my opinion. Turning Gotham city in carnival baroque just shows how completely out of touch this man was with the material.

Also: Dark does not equal depressing. Batman dwells at night, he is close to the night side of his person. Batman in the daytime is like Superman at a NIN show. They don't mix.

B&R is quite possibly the worst pile to ever be transferred to celluloid. This family values, neon-lit side show fails in every respect. All the characters are misportrayed, Gotham looks ridiculous, and clooney plays Bruce Wayne like he was on the set of little house on the prairie. A total massacre of the material.

Sedai (Wishing Frank Miller would write a batflick)

Messenger from Hades' Gate
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker was probably the best and most original Batman "Movie" (loosely used term) I've seen in a while!

did we forget about the original batman movie?

adam west is the only real batman to me.

In my opinion (which is right) batman movies kick ass. unfortunatly, george clooney ruined it. Val kilmer owns

Woah there, J_S_B.

So in your estimation, Batman & Robin was a terrific script, had flawless direction and featured stellar acting, BUT the presence of George Clooney as Batman is the sole ingredient that "ruined" the movie??? Dude, that movie is a gahdamn mess from start to finish, in every single way possible. It wouldn't have mattered in the slightest who was playing Batman, Kilmer or anybody else. Batman & Robin is a total piece of *****. Your Clooney-hating don't enter into it.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I really love Burton's Batman, and I really hate Schumacher's Batman.

Batman: It's the best of all the Batman movies. Michael Keaton is the best Batman, Jack Nicholson is ONE of the best people to play the Joker. I think Willem Dafoe would play the Joker great too. Tim Burton was made to direct this film. It also has one of my favorite movie covers of all time. So simple, yet soooo awesome. 8.5/10

Batman Returns: Second best of the movies. Once again, Michael Keaton and Tim Burton are just awesome. Danny DeVito and Michelle Pheifer are awesome. If they're going to have two villians in one film, this is the way to do it. Christopher Walken is one of my fav. actors, so this just adds to it. DeVito was MADE for Penguin. I mean, seriously, who else could've played him? 8.0/10

Batman Forever: Nowhere near as good as it should've been. Two villians?. . .not needed a second time. Two-Face or Riddler by himself would've been just fine, with a better director and actors. Jim Carey. . .ummmmm no. Not in a Batman movie. Tommy Lee Jones would've been great, if the script wouldn't of sucked. Val Kilmer wasn't bad, but not as good as Michael Keaton. Tim Burton should've directed. Script should've been waaaay better. 5.5/10

Batman and Robin: OMGosh this movie sucked sooo bad. Script=terrible. Director=worse than before. Acting=can't describe how bad I think it was. Mr. Freeze should've been played by Patrick Stewart in the ORIGINAL costume. Just should've been a better movie. Batman 5 better be. . .better. 3.0/10
And found he was eating his shoe.

Batman was the best of the series by a large margin. However it still lacked to capture the true "comic book" feel of the character. The only thing I have seen that comes close is Deadend. Not because of the aliens/predator crossover that was just part of the storyline, but Batman himself seemed perfect. But then again I was a comic nerd growing up.

Batman (Tim Burton - 1989) : Dark, fantastic set design, and a timeless villain. But they didn't develop Bruce/Batman too much and I hated Basinger in this flick.

Batman Returns (Tim Burton - 1992): In many ways, superior to the first one. Much darker, Catwoman was amazing, and even Keaton gave a better performance. But, unfortunately, the three conflicting story lines confused the film beyond repair.

Batman Forever (Joel Schumacher - 1995): Schumacher may have hurt the franchise, but I don't think this one was as bad as everyone else says. It may have been too stylized and over acted, but it was still a fairly enjoyable ride.

Batman & Robin (Joel Schumacher - 1998): This one just sucked...

Batman Begins (Chris Nolan - 2005): A great jump to the series. Darkest one yet, and this time 'round Batman was developed perfectly. Everyone involved pulled this one together perfectly and I really wanna see Nolan and Bale back for the sequel

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
1. Batman Begins- the darkest and best so far.

2.Batman- great rebirth by Burton, and until Bale, Keaton was my fave caped crusader.

3.Batman Returns- o.k. but didn't feel the need for Danny De Vito's penguin or Christopher Walken.

4. Batman Forever- dodgy, again I felt there were too many characters, and this took away from the story line, none too convinced by Val Kilmer , who I normally like, or Chris O'Donnell.

5.Batman and Robin-ridiculous effort, even more characters, neon, bat-nipples, Alicia Silverstone, need I say anymore. A potential franchise-killer, thank god Chris Nolan and Bale did such a good job with the new film.

6.Batman the tv series.-great when you were a kid, but now it resembles a Carry-On movie, with all its inuendo.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Here to support the villians.......
1.Batman Begins-Excellent movie the best of the lot. Grade: A

2.Batman-Great movie, but what do you expect from Tim Burton?, Keaton is brilliant as Batman, Nicholson as the Joker?, well what can you say it's Jack Nicholson. Grade: B+

3.Batman Returns-not as good as the original, but still good entertainment. Grade: B-

4.Batman Forever-franchise was cleary falling, Kilmer didn't have the presence that Keaton did, Carrey overplays his part, in the end not really all that good. Grade: C-

5. Batman and Robin-What can I say it was ****, the end. Grade: F(and that's being kind)

Here's Johnny!
I saw all the other Batman movies far too long ago to remember them enough to discuss, but I'm gonna say that Batman Begins is the best, and has by far the coolest car!