3. Nichols & May
4. Eddie Izzard
5. Shelley Berman
6. George Carlin
7. Don Rickles
8. Bill Cosby
9. Brian Regan
10. Rodney Dangerfield

Stewart Lee. Original, inventive, dry, meta.

Richard Pryor
George Carlin
David Letterman
Eddie Murphy

Dave Chappelle
Jerry Seinfeld
Katt Williams
Bernie Mac

Patrice O’Neal
Don Rickles
Ricky Gervais
Chris Rock
Bill Burr
Louis C.K.
Adam Sandler

Doug Stanhope

Somehow very unfamiliar with Bill Hicks so i'm open to suggestions on his must see specials. Also very unfamiliar with this new kid John Mulaney who seems to be getting extremely high ratings on IMDb and LB?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Richard Pryor
George Carlin
David Letterman
Eddie Murphy

Dave Chappelle
Jerry Seinfeld
Patrice O’Neal

Don Rickles
Ricky Gervais
Chris Rock
Bill Burr
Louis C.K.
Adam Sandler
(early) Katt Williams
Doug Stanhope

Somehow very unfamiliar with Bill Hicks so i'm open to suggestions on his must see specials.
Video-wise - I'd check out "Sane Man", but his best stuff is audio only, and not the best quality. "I'm Sorry Folks" is a good video that's on YouTube if you like Bill going after a heckler for half the show... Also, here's one right before his death.

Video-wise - I'd check out "Sane Man", but his best stuff is audio only, and not the best quality. "I'm Sorry Folks" is a good video that's on YouTube if you like Bill going after a heckler for half the show... Also, here's one right before his death.

Thanks matt! *pressing play..

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Thanks matt! *pressing play..
You're welcome, and its my pleasure. I have a "Laugh with Matt" thread with a lot of stand-up, but would be more than happy to give more recommendations, especially after I know what you like and don't like.
Speaking of Bill, there's a show that was just uploaded on his main channel (operated by his brother Steve), although I've heard it on audio. There's some interesting stuff (not funny) - dictating a long road trip for example. I like interviews, to get to know the people.. My favorite is Mort Sahl (with Hicks at #2) but I find this a great interview for 1964, and very relevant for today. It's short and to the point.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Not to turn this into a comedian convo but hell yea Normand is the man. He is my spirit animal lol. He always hollers back on twitter or Instagram, he has liked a bunch of my stuff ha. Him and Tim Dillon are my two favorites going right now with Schulz a close 3rd. I really hope Normand and Dillon get a chance to make their mark on TV like the 90s and 2000 comedians did. But the landscape is changing, they still killers though.
Dillon and Schulz are too controversial, they are on the YouTube/social media/ Patreon path. If Shane Gillis got cut from SNL...

Normand’s delivery is a real thing that has been discussed. He seems to be more of a comedian’s comic, not a big time streaming/network special guy.

Then again, Tommy Buns been doing YMH for years and he got specials. Who knows.

Dillon and Schulz are too controversial, they are on the YouTube/social media/ Patreon path. If Shane Gillis got cut from SNL...

Normand’s delivery is a real thing that has been discussed. He seems to be more of a comedian’s comic, not a big time streaming/network special guy.

Then again, Tommy Buns been doing YMH for years and he got specials. Who knows.
Schulz is getting big enough on his own. He is going after the Daily Show/John Oliver type shows and he is creeping up on them. He has the young people's ears.

That's the reason I like Dillon he has no filter. He has acting chops from a kid. I think he would have got a show easy in the 90s. Liken him to a Roseanne who got her show then. I don't know what he ends up doing but be nice to see him get a chance.

Normand has Seinfeld's praise which helps. I'd actually think Dillon/Normand show would be cool. I hope for the best for all them dudes, I think they are all talented and truly love stand up.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I guess the question is, “How do you quantify success?”. Schulz is huge, he’s the only reason Yanni Long Days got an hour. Are these guys happy doing sets and podcasts, or do they want development deals, etc? I think “hour specials” are close to being extinct, because they have changed so drastically from what they use to be.

Normand’s funny. I get Seinfeld liking him. He’s still a comedian’s comedian. I’ll eat my words if he ever gets any mainstream shine.

Distefano is a step in front of those guys as far a chance to break mainstream, even if Schulz is a Youtube phenom.

The Adventure Starts Here!
No women?

Paula Poundstone is hilarious. Try this one, from 1989, but still sooo funny:

And back in the day, Roseanne's standup was pretty funny too.
Lily Tomlin, also good. Rita Rudner, gold.

Generally, though, I love Dangerfield, Steve Martin (saw him twice live back when he was playing college gymnasiums, even interacted with him twice *during* the shows), Brian Regan, and Jim Gaffigan.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Also, this is on YouTube in little chunks, but this whole special is one of my favorites of Paula Poundstone's. Starts with this one (links to the rest are right there and they play automatically). The bit about the lube rack is comedy perfection.

Didn’t they all get cancelled? 🤓

Kathleen Madigan is a gem. Christina P. of Road Rules fame definitely keeps her jeans high and tie-hyeat. Maria Bamford
is another goodie.