Polish Cinema

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
These are pretty bad.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
@Zotis, this are shrot movies. Why don't you watch one and let me know, what do you think about it, instead of trusting random people?

I link here some polish short movies, which are modern version of Polish legends. Hope you'll enjoy as much as I
Thank you for posting these Ms. M. , it's great to see them.

Interesting mix of genres in the first movie, Jaga, and the dialogue's very witty. This is also the first time I've seen Perun mentioned on screen. I didn't know about him until around six years ago when I started looking further into Slavic mythology. I was very familiar with divinities like the Domovoi (I think it's Domowik in Poland ) and beings like the Leshy but nothing about the gods.

Ivan Bilibin's illustrations in particular made these things very vivid for me growing up:

And Twardowsky 2.0
Now that is brilliant .

I've just finished watching them all. I like the way they've done the Basilisk, it's a great monster.

Thank you for posting these Ms. M. , it's great to see them.

Interesting mix of genres in the first movie, Jaga, and the dialogue's very witty. This is also the first time I've seen Perun mentioned on screen. I didn't know about him until around six years ago when I started looking further into Slavic mythology. I was very familiar with divinities like the Domovoi (I think it's Domowik in Poland ) and beings like the Leshy but nothing about the gods.

Ivan Bilibin's illustrations in particular made these things very vivid for me growing up:
I'm glad you enjoyed
I really like this series. I think it's very well made and I love the rendition of old for new
Perun is some kind of god and Domowik is a demon, but in a good way. He protects a houses. I know Leshy as a Boruta. Here is a site with all types, if you are interested:
https://slowianskibestiariusz.pl/en/...-demons/leshy/

Now that is brilliant .

I've just finished watching them all. I like the way they've done the Basilisk, it's a great monster.
The director of Bazyliszek is Tomasz Bagiński, who is the most famous Polish drafter. He is genius. He won the Oscar in 2003 for short movie The Cathedral:

And take a look at this:

I'm glad you enjoyed
Oh I really did; they are right up my street — and literally in your case . I enjoyed seeing the city in Smok.

I really like this series. I think it's very well made and I love the rendition of old for new
Yes it's a nice mix. And futuristic but keeping one foot in the present.

Perun is some kind of god
Yes, he's a bit like a combination of Odin and Thor. The line about him being chained was interesting. I wondered whether they were saying that Perun, as a pagan god, had been cast down into Hell after Christianity took hold.

and Domowik is a demon, but in a good way. He protects a houses.
I love this drawing :

I know Leshy as a Boruta.
So I understand. I was a bit unsure as to who Boruta was as I was watching but a quick search on all the names helped . The actor that plays him is great. I like the little details for the demons, like the black or red fingernails and even things like the small, lizard-like spikes on Lucy's white jumpsuit.

I remember the opera singer Bryn Terfel playing Mephistopheles and it was so clever how they indicated who he was. His costume was very innocuous apart from a bright red scabbard on his belt, suggesting the Devil's tail. So simple .

Here is a site with all types, if you are interested:
https://slowianskibestiariusz.pl/en/...-demons/leshy/
That's very good .

The director of Bazyliszek is Tomasz Bagiński, who is the most famous Polish drafter. He is genius. He won the Oscar in 2003 for short movie The Cathedral:
That's amazing. There are two things about it: eeriness and scale that made me think back to the cartoon Ulysses 31 when I was a kid. Turning Greek Mythology into sci-fi. Actually the cathedral's skin is reminiscent of H. R. Giger, and the end is a similar idea to

WARNING: spoilers below
the opening of Prometheus.

And take a look at this:
Very good. I love it that it says on the credits:

WARNING: spoilers below
"No soldiers were harmed during production of this film"