Wojciech Has
Andrzej Wajda
Jerzy Kawalerowicz
Tadeusz Konwicki
Krzysztof Zanussi

Have to see movies by:
Andrzej Munk
Janusz Morgenstern

When it comes to newer flicks I really liked Róża and think that both Las and Pora Umierać are great masterpieces. Too bad they haven't been advertised at all unlike some crappy romance comedy garbage.

EDIT: Whoopsy daisy! It seems that I put it into wrong category. It should be in General Movie Discussion. Any Mod nice enough to move it?

Must be doin sumthin right
Unfortunately, other than Kieslowski, I have heard of none of these people. First names to come to my mind were Roman Polanski and Jerzy Skolimowski. As far as 21st century stuff goes, there's a film I watched streaming on Netflix a few weeks ago by Polish director Lech Majewski called The Mill and the Cross. It was definitely impressive, though watching it on a computer screen might be doing it a disservice

It's French/Polish but one of my all time favourites is from the Three Colours trilogy:

Big fan of Krzysztof Kieślowski's work.

And also like:

The Hour-Glass Sanatorium

Not too keen on the following film but some might like it:

I've only seen films by two of those directors:

Krzysztof Kieślowski:
Three Colours Trilogy
The Double Life of Veronique
The Decalogue
A Short Film About Killing

Andrzej Wajda:
Canal

I do own Wajda's Ashes and Diamonds and Has' Hourglass Sanatorium and The Saragossa Manuscript. But I haven't gotten around to watching them yet.

I look forward to checking out some of the work by the directors listed I'd never heard of.

The most recent Polish movie I've seen is Konsul (1989), a satirical caper film starring Piotr Fronczewski, aka Franek Kimono:

I guess you could say I'm saving Kieslowski for a rainy day. I haven't seen any of his movies yet but I've heard so many good things about the Colors trilogy that I'll watch it some time when I'm feeling jaded about movies.

Wojciech Has - I've seen (and like) The Saragossa Manuscript. The style feels very derivative of Bergman to me but it's a worthy adaptation of Jan Potocki's classic novel.

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
I'm sorry to say the only Polish film I've ever seen was Polanski's Knife in the Water.

Gooble gobble, one of us!
I know this is an old post, but I would recommend Sexmission/seksmisja (1984). Great film, It's considered a classic in polish cinema. I really shouldn't say more.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Yep. It's alright. I prefer artsy stuff, tho.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Hello
I'm an artist and graphic designer from Poland. I’'ve designed a brand new poster to Krzysztof Kie¶lowski’s “A Short Film About Killing” movie. Please take a look

Cheers!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	a_short_film_about_killing_msworkz.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	24772  

Hello
I'm an artist and graphic designer from Poland. I’ve designed a brand new poster to Krzysztof Kie¶lowski’s “A Short Film About Killing” movie. Please take a look, you may be interested

Cheers!
Very nice – I like the lettering.

It's French/Polish but one of my all time favourites is from the Three Colours trilogy:

Big fan of Krzysztof Kieślowski's work.
The Three Colours films are my only exposure as well. I particularly enjoyed the DVD interview with Kieślowski where he talks about the backbreaking work ethic he was used to and I remember how distinctive and unusual I found the language.

My favourite is Three Colours Red.

Care for some gopher?
I've seen only two Polish movies, i think. The Mill and the Cross and The Roe's Room, both by Lech Majewski. Two very impressive movies!

Edit: I just remembered that i've seen Wajda's Korczak as well.