What character scared you as a child?

Tools    

aap
Surely Spawn did.

aap
So did Hellraiser.
Sorry for double post dont know how it works.

Certifiably troglodytic.
Dear God! Those things are terrifying.
Any critter biologically intermingled with wheels is fodder for total creepitivity.

Which reminds me of this lil' thing on episode 21 on the X Files back in 2001, which, as a full-grown adult man, skeert me...

I'm still scared in "The Exorcist"....

I agree sekuchi. That spiderwalk was F-R-E-A-K-Y!

So, the Wolfman and Dracula contributed to your having a career as a reporter?
You've got a good memory, Mark! Naw, I was always reading newspapers even as a kid--not just the funnies but the news. Had a lot to keep up with during the 1950-1960s--cold war, integration. But it was reading the works of Ernie Pile as a kid, watching political conventions and race riots, on TV and working on the high school newspaper as a teen that developed my interest in journalism as a career.

Another BIG influence--are you old enough to remember a CBS TV series called You Are There? It was a weekly show on Saturday afternoons where they would reinact famous events in history--the Battle of Waterloo, the fall of the Alamo, the murder of Lincoln, the debate over the Declaration of Independence. But right in the middle of the story would be the CBS News Crew, Cronkite and Mike Wallace and Eric Severeid and others covering the events, cutting back and fourth with the latest updates or interviews with historic figures, the same way they covered the political conventions. It was a great show that played to my love of history and also showed me reporters at work. I looked at that and said, yeah, I can do that--interview presidents and generals and all sorts of interesting people.

You're a Genius all the time
Originally Posted by The Swedemeister General
Wheelers...
Dear God! Those things are terrifying.
Not-so-interesting tidbit: My little sister's friend dressed up as a Return to Oz Wheeler this past Halloween and the pants I wore that day still have a semi-noticable urine stain around the crotch.

I hope I'm not being too subtle here. What I'm trying to say is that when I saw this kid in full Wheelers regalia, I peed my pants.

Oh, and another character that scared the pee out of me the first time I saw him was The Boogeyman from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Not as terrifying as The Wheelers, but still pretty intimidating.

This was not a boating accident
Not so much a character,but that scene in Poltergeist. When the fella goes into the bathroom and pulls his face off!!
Scared the bejesus outta me when i was a kid.

I had nightmares about Grimace sitting on me.

This was not a boating accident
[quote=7thson;420746]I had nightmares about Grimace sitting on me.

[

Serious?? He's purple and cuddly.
/quote]

Large Marge!

Also, while not a movie character, the cover to album, "Duck Stab" by The Residents was a big source of childhood fear for me, as well as many of the songs (Hello Skinny, Weight-lifting Lulu and Krafty Cheese) being pretty frightening as well.

You're a Genius all the time
Great choice, Palsy. Just curious as to why you didn't show this side of her in your post...

"And be sure to tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!"

Heh, I can't see your image but I'm sure I know what it is. Maybe that one is still a little too scary for me; or maybe I just hoped people who never saw it would read my post and then watch the movie thinking they knew the worst of it... and then get emotionally scarred for life.

Interesting. Did one of the sides look like this? :

I only own it on cd, but the first version I saw/heard may have been on vinyl and I'm fairly certain used that image (the first one) in its design.

This is Bat Country!
Michael Myers from Halloween and funnily, the Terminator ...I didnt grasp the concept as a kid that he was a machine or anything, just saw those demonic red eyes, nightmares for ages