Any NBA Basketball fans?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Boston won game 6 in Milwaukee last year but this years team is missing something that I can't quite put my finger on.

The guys on "Inside the NBA" said the same thing... Last year, Williams was a bit injured. And then adding Brogdon to the bench, with White.

I think it's Tatum. The NBA loves to make it seem like it's Tatums & The Celtics, but Brown is a better defender, isn't afraid to get inside, strong to score, and seems to shoot much better than Tatum during the big games, The Finals, this series. Jaylen Brown seems a little malcontent, but I had Boston winning the title without the Bucks.

The guys on "Inside the NBA" said the same thing... Last year, Williams was a bit injured. And then adding Brogdon to the bench, with White.

I think it's Tatum. The NBA loves to make it seem like it's Tatums & The Celtics, but Brown is a better defender, isn't afraid to get inside, strong to score, and seems to shoot much better than Tatum during the big games, The Finals, this series. Jaylen Brown seems a little malcontent, but I had Boston winning the title without the Bucks.
Tatum is a much better defender than Brown. Brown's tenacity is sporadic, he commits bad fouls, and he often gets lost off the ball. His decision to leave Harden alone in the corner to double Embiid with a 2 point lead was an egregious inexcusable mistake. On offense his assist to turnover rate is very poor, and while he often looks like he's more adept at getting tough buckets, he benefits greatly from the fact that the entire defense is geared up to stop Tatum. He also doesn't get to the line nearly as much as Tatum, and he's not a great free throw shooter when he does get there. Brown has a better FG %, but his offensive efficiency is much lower. The team's on/off numbers are consistently negative year after year when Brown is on the floor and Tatum isn't, and they are extremely positive when Tatum is on and Brown is off. Tatum has his faults. He takes too many 3s when he doesn't have it going and he foul baits too much, but there's a good sized gap between the 2 players. Throw out the finals against GS; Tatum was completely gassed and had nothing left plus he had an injured wrist. Last year he dropped 46 in game 6 at the Bucks, he needs to do something like that again tonight because there are people who are starting to doubt him, and it's fair. Meanwhile Brogdon has been a little less than advertised. He's a good scorer, but he's also a black hole and a subpar decision maker. Derrick White and Robert Williams are also providing much less impact right now than before this series.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Mazzulla taking the fall for this season will put off the Brown and Tatum don’t work for another year. After they have to sign Brown to the Supermax if he gets 3rd team. Throw in Marcus Smart being the dominant personality and it’s an unbelievable mix of how to make this much talent not work.

It's still almost 600 million for 2 players. I think if the Celtics are this close, they have to win a title. They've been close for many years. Adding a pick to upgrade if they have one. This idea of getting guys on minimums (Jae Crowder) probably won't work.

Kudos to Denver for looking like the best team in the playoffs so far I would say

I cant tell if both series tonight will end, or neither....

Knicks looking good so far, but Miami is at home. I would be very surprised if NY won the series. I'll have to watch the LA-GS game tomorrow morning.

Kudos to Denver for looking like the best team in the playoffs so far I would say

I cant tell if both series tonight will end, or neither....
I had Denver vs Milwaukee before the season. Milwaukee flamed out (still think Giannis getting too much sh*t for that, guy basically missed the first 3 games and was hobbled game 4. Played one healthy game. They were always a flawed team without Giannis that's what makes his championship even more badass.)

However I was proud of my Denver pick. I thought for sure they would come out of the West. I still don't think people realize how good Jokic really is and Denver was a completely different team last year without Murray and Porter. If Murray and Porter were healthy I knew they would be in contention. I'd pick them in 5 if it wasn't vs LeBrick and the Lakers but NBA will want the Lakers vs Celtics in the finals. I think Denver is the far superior team but LA going get the whistle like crazy.

I am also pulling for Denver. I hate the Heat, Celtics and Lakers. I'll be sick if LeBron gets another ring. They barely won their play-in game. If they lost that they would have gotten Denver in the 1st round and already been out imo. I'd hate Miami or Boston winning too but less so than LA and LeBrick. Denver is the only team I want to see win and validate how damn good Jokic is.

If it's the Lakers vs either Miami or Boston I won't watch much of the Fianls at all.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

But the real story of the NBA season is my Orlando Magic might be back very soon ;-). I've never seen less media coverage for a #1 pick having a historical great rookie season. His numbers are equal to LeBron's and Bird's rookie numbers. Usually the NBA will at least nationally televise the #1 pick on ESPN or TNT at least once. Magic were not nationally televised once. So lame. We coming soon ;-)

Also wouldn't hurt to get some luck tuesday night in the lottery. If we land that French kid. Good grief Charlie Brown.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Nobody cares about the Magic except for you and Ceruti

I say that as a Hornets fan, another team nobody cares about.

Except when we get Wembanyama. It’s a guarantee. Queen City gets the number one pick, drives the valuation up at least a half bil, if not more. Jordan gets out and all the other owners see an increase in their bottom line.

Holy Tatum, Batman!

Can't wait to see what minutes witchcraft LeBron pulls out of his ass for this next series. Could be a pair of 7gm battles.

As for Wemby on Tuesday....

TEAM LOTTERY PROBABILITY

Detroit - 14.0%
Houston - 14.0%
San Antonio - 14.0%
Charlotte - 12.5%
Portland - 10.5%
Orlando - 9.0%
Indiana - 6.8%
Washington - 6.7%
Utah - 4.5%
Dallas1 - 3.0%
Chicago - 1.8%
Oklahoma City - 1.7%
Toronto - 1.0%
New Orleans - 0.5%

No chance in hell they send him to Detroit or San Antonio, Houston has an outside chance, Charlotte and Portland are maybe the same, an amends for Walton's broken feet, picking Bowie over MJ, and Oden over Durant. Indiana and Washington also a no go. Utah not as much as the previous two options. Dallas or Chicago pulling an upset not out of the question. OKC getting him with all that young talent would be nuts. Toronto = no go. New Orleans could be a good dark horse with Zion tanking and the French connection in the bayou.

I'm actually very interested in the Magic with their young players, draft picks, and cap space. They have 2 chances to get lucky in this years lottery. Suggs blossoming would be huge for them while Isaac's injury issues have been unfortunate to say the least. He's one of my favorite players when healthy. They have as many ways as any team to make significant improvements. I'm excited to see what they do.

Nobody cares about the Magic except for you and Ceruti

I say that as a Hornets fan, another team nobody cares about.

Except when we get Wembanyama. It’s a guarantee. Queen City gets the number one pick, drives the valuation up at least a half bil, if not more. Jordan gets out and all the other owners see an increase in their bottom line.
Lies. Kevin Clark too. I am an OG like Clark though. I grew up going to Shaq and Penny games at the old Orena when we lived in Orlando growing up. I am still unsure how Ceruti even became a Magic fan? Is he from Florida? I don't care I just get happy whenever they throw it to him about the Magic lol.

Old Orena use to rock. The new place was made for concerts and we have been bad for so long the atmosphere is gone in there. Old place was a proper basketball arena. I have cautious optimism for the first time since Dwight's teams. We go as far as a prime Franz and Paolo take us. If we some how get some luck and get the French kid...good grief.

Although if we get #1 pick I'd make two calls. To Dallas and Minny. Offer #1 for Edwards or Luka. If they say no draft Victor. Other wise if we don't get #1 I'd like to see them deal their pick and Chicago's for a veteran difference maker to compete next year...got enough young'ns

Oh and I know the Hornets are in our division but I wouldn't mind seeing Victor go there. You guys have just never had a move the needle guy...ever. Yall need some excitement, beside would be a fun little rivalry with us.

I'm actually very interested in the Magic with their young players, draft picks, and cap space. They have 2 chances to get lucky in this years lottery. Suggs blossoming would be huge for them while Isaac's injury issues have been unfortunate to say the least. He's one of my favorite players when healthy. They have as many ways as any team to make significant improvements. I'm excited to see what they do.
Well if Chicago some how jumps into the damn top 4 from 11 we don't get their pick. That would be a kick in the nads. That trade we made with them for Vuc netted us Wendell Carter, 2 lotto picks (if they don't get top 4) one which turned into Franz already. Thank you Chi town! If we get like 4 and 11 or something I'd rather trade them both for a veteran who can help now...got enough young dudes.

I really do like Suggs but if I had to pick between him Cole and Markelle I'd ship Suggs out. Kid plays his ass off I just don't think he will ever shoot well enough to be the starting PG. Markelle the last two months figured it out he was sublime. If he doesn't get hurt next year he will flirt with an all-star bid and Cole is the perfect scoring punch off the bench ala Lou Williams.

It's a bummer about Isaac. Dude is a generational talent defensively and provides enough offense. He is just brittle as glass. His contract isn't guaranteed after January next year. I think if he gets hurt again before then they will cut him lose. I hate it dude could really help winning I just don't know if he will ever be healthy enough. He was awesome the 11 or so games he came back this year before he got hurt. Said he will be good for start of next year though. Fingers crossed.

Heres for hoping for luck in the lotto tomorrow.

I'd say Wemby to Houston, Charlotte, or Indiana
I'd like to see Charlotte get him. They have never had an attraction super star. Be nice to see them have some excitment around them. Plus I think he would eventually draw Curry home to end his career. (I think Curry wants to end his career in Charlotte)

San Antonio? No Thanks. They had Robinson and Duncan. Houston? Blah they had Akeem and Yao, plus I'm still bitter about 95. Portland? Every big man that goes there dies of injuries. Walton, Bowie, Oden. Although would be interesting to see if they dump Lillard and start over with Victor. Detroit would make my bro-n-law happy. But they bore me.

Think if not Orlando I'd like to see Indy, Charlotte or remote chance of Dallas grabbing him. Love Luka and that would give him the running mate he needed. Plus keep him out west away from the Magic.

TEAM LOTTERY PROBABILITY

Detroit - 14.0%
Houston - 14.0%
San Antonio - 14.0%
Charlotte - 12.5%
Portland - 10.5%
Orlando - 9.0%
Indiana - 6.8%
Washington - 6.7%
Utah - 4.5%
Dallas1 - 3.0%
Chicago - 1.8%
Oklahoma City - 1.7%
Toronto - 1.0%
New Orleans - 0.5%

No chance in hell they send him to Detroit or San Antonio, Houston has an outside chance, Charlotte and Portland are maybe the same, an amends for Walton's broken feet, picking Bowie over MJ, and Oden over Durant. Indiana and Washington also a no go. Utah not as much as the previous two options. Dallas or Chicago pulling an upset not out of the question. OKC getting him with all that young talent would be nuts. Toronto = no go. New Orleans could be a good dark horse with Zion tanking and the French connection in the bayou.
lol I think Silver would do back flips if Dallas got lucky and got one. Luka and Victor would be on national tv every other day.