What About Bob? - Did anyone beside me think it was funny?

→ in
Tools    

This movie I think came out in the nintys so time but it is so funny!I think it is Bill Murleys best!Anyone else like this movie?
"Burn in Hell Dr Marvin!"Woman "She never says that!"Man!I love that line it is so funny!
The rest of the cast is great too!See you around!JM "Do you want a smoke Bob?"Leo "Oh I am sorry I did not see that you are in the strightjacket!"
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

In my opinion I thought this movie was funny too. I think they could not get rid of him If I remember it correctly. Somehow the actors escape me but I think there was John Candy in this film. It was bad Bill Murray was funny.

"What about BOB?"

"He's not gone, .........He's never gone!!!!"

Great film.....and great cast.

.......It's one of my favorite movies........

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Put me in your pocket...
Very funny movie...and a family favorite. I love Bill Murray and he was great in this.

One scene I always rememeber is Bob helping the son on the pier to learn how to dive...showing his own fear...and the good Dr's reaction to it all.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I too adore this movie. It's one of those movies I watch any time it comes on. Some favorites:

"I need, I neeeed, I neeeeed!"

"I want peace and quiet!"
"I'll be quiet..."
"And I'll be peace!"

And, we always laugh at the dinner scene on the porch where he's eating corn on the cob and making these "mmmm-mmm-mmm" noises for a long time, and the rest of the family (except Dr. Marvin) is trying to stifle their giggles.

Whenever we have fried chicken and corn on the cob, my dad does the "mmmmm" thing. But my favorite part is when they tie Bob to the mast of the ship. "I'm sailing! I'm a sailor"

It's as good a comedy as Murray has ever done. My favorite part is the, "I need, I need, I need..." scene. So believably pathetic. Dreyfuss is so very funny, this is a good highlight for him as well, though Let it Ride showcases his talent for comedy better. "God loves me. He really, really, loves me." Classic.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by Joe Popular
Whenever we have fried chicken and corn on the cob, my dad does the "mmmmm" thing.
hahaha we do the same thing round my house!

This movie is a classic. Love the pier scene, with Bob swimming backstroke...

Messenger from Hades' Gate
Please don't hurt me, but this movie falls into a certain kind of comedy that I don't usually enjoy.

Basically, I spent more time feeling bad for the doctor than I did laughing at the stuff that was happening. Don't ask me why, but I just didn't find myself laughing during this film. I love Monty Python stuff, I love Bill Murray's other stuff, but I just can't let myself enjoy this film.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Originally Posted by Jackie
"What About Bob" Did anyone beside me think it is funny?
Ask the person beside you

I thought this movie was pretty darn funny. Call me crazy but I laughed pretty hard when Murray's walking down the street at the beginning saying "I'm in a happy place" over and over again, while this guy walking beside him saying "I'm gonna kill em'" over and over again. Ok so I can't write it to make it funny, but watch it again and you'll see.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Originally Posted by suppression
I love Monty Python stuff,

YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Originally Posted by suppression
Please don't hurt me, but this movie falls into a certain kind of comedy that I don't usually enjoy.

Basically, I spent more time feeling bad for the doctor than I did laughing at the stuff that was happening. Don't ask me why, but I just didn't find myself laughing during this film. I love Monty Python stuff, I love Bill Murray's other stuff, but I just can't let myself enjoy this film.
yeah me too, its kind of like Sienfeld for me (everybody seems to love that show, but I can't help but feel embarressed for the characters, rather than just laugh at the absurdity)

Didn't quite do it for me. It was funny, but not hilarious. Not by far.

That said, Bill Murray is fantastic. Period! He made Ghostbusters, Groundhog Day is a modern classic, and Lost In Translation deserves all the praise it's getting!

Cheers, Martin

Didn't see it.
I like it enough that I watch it 3-4 times a year.

I loved this movie, it's one of my Bill Murray favorites. I really found the humor very funny in the movie. I have to disagree with all the hype Lost In Translation is getting though. I won't go into details right now. Maybe it's just me, but I found the movie to be very dry, boring, and uninteresting. Peace!

I liked this film it made me laugh, and not many films do nowadays beacuse theres to much toilet humour.

i agree. this movie was sooo damn funny! they do need more like it out today!