Would you reather be a Beatnix or a Hippy?

Tools    

know it is a strange question but I thought I would ask just for the fun of it!I would like to be a beatnix they interest me alot!
What would you choose to be if you wanted to be one of those peoples?Beatnixs hangout in clubs and bang on there drums a nd snap there fingers.While Hippys are for world peace and don't eat anything that is an animal!
See you around!JM Both however are into drugs! Beatnix or Hippy!(Can't find a hippy smile sorry!
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Jackie Malfoy, I just love you.

I would have to say beatnix. I'm not really sure what a beatnix is, though. But since you say they play drums, (oh wait, now I think I know what a beatnix is - I would DEFINITELY be a beatnix). Yeah, I would beat my hands on those drums and snap my fingers like mad. I would shake a shake a shake my arms in the air and twirl my hands around, snapping like a canine with rabies. I'd wear a little black hat and grow out my hair, wear black vests, that kind of thing. Is that a beatnix? Well, it's the Sexy Celebrity version at least. Beatnix is beautiful! *boom boom boom boom bang*

i am sort of a hippie-preppie-betnix-rocker-study buddy hybrid. don't ask me how. i am all into that beatnix atmosphere and the style and the smoky cramped clubs with the drums and the poetry. and then for teh ippie i am a vegetarian and into all the enviormental and LIFE issues. but then I wear gap. i hate starbucks so I am not a full prep i listen to alot of rock and alternative and when somebody at school needs a question (usually dealing with theories, english and poetry) they ask me and get answers. but i think i am a glitters.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

personally i will answer to the negative to both
i hate hippies and i hate beatnicks

hippies-take advantage of the freedoms given to them by our constitution and put down the people who fight and die for those same freedoms....look at what they did to our boys when they were returning from vietnam

beatnicks-lazy good for nothings who would rather get buy using money they either stole or begged for than going out and doing honest work like us regular joes

to hell with both of them

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Jackie Malfoy, I just love you.

I would have to say beatnix. I'm not really sure what a beatnix is, though. But since you say they play drums, (oh wait, now I think I know what a beatnix is - I would DEFINITELY be a beatnix). Yeah, I would beat my hands on those drums and snap my fingers like mad. I would shake a shake a shake my arms in the air and twirl my hands around, snapping like a canine with rabies. I'd wear a little black hat and grow out my hair, wear black vests, that kind of thing. Is that a beatnix? Well, it's the Sexy Celebrity version at least. Beatnix is beautiful! *boom boom boom boom bang*

Ooo… Sexy… I have a mental image of you in black leather sporting one of those little pointy goatees banging on the skins… pausing once in a while to murmur “cool cat” and enlighten everyone with a few words from one of your poems…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Damn Shape...you're too young to be Archie Bunker.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

there's a frog in my snake oil
Oh damn, how did i miss this? I wanna be both (and more )

Everyone should read the mad pretentious mysticism that shines out of the Dean-isms of "On the Road", whether it's about sax playing or memory or what have you.

Hippyism - hey, everyone should have good intentions . And somehow i've managed to grow up with all the 60s/70s music my parents missed . Santana's "Soul Sacrifice" performance at Woodstock got me drumming n'all. (hippies got rhythm too you know )

As for shapey's grumping - plenty of "hippies" have got work ethics, and plenty of "beatniks" work hard .

And Vietnam didnt really help anyone. (and has a couple of cheeky parallels to our current entrenchment ).

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Sir Toose
Stay focused futhermucker.

No politics on dis thread.

Oh yeah. Hippylove. Amoral beatnikness. I remember now

(I've never mucked my futher tho! Or, at least, i don't remember )

Bruce Campbell Groupie
I like to be a Beatnix with Hippy tendencies

Put me in your pocket...
Beatnix I associate with poetry, being artsy and wearing black. So, I'd rather be a Beatnix....besides....I like meat!

Golgot...Hippylove reminds me of "If you can't be with the one you love, then love the one your with."

beatnix works for me although i really loved hippys..i just wonder about personal hygiene they didint seem to ever had a bath and that is disturbing

Originally Posted by Golgot
Oh damn, how did i miss this? I wanna be both (and more )
I have been both,