Help with old western/adventure - it is vague!

Tools    

Looking for help trying to name a movie from the 60s or 70s. It may have starred John Wayne, but not necessarily. It was definitely the same 'style' as his movies though.

The only scene that I can remember is inside of a cave, where a middle-aged male character was using a chisel or rock hammer to smack an interesting crystal off of the wall of the cavern. He removed it, and turned to walk away with a smug look of satisfaction on his face. In fact, if I remember correctly, he nonchalantly took a puff of either a cigar or a pipe, thinking that everything was fine. Suddenly the wall of the cavern behind him exploded inwards with a wall of water that flooded the cavern.

That's it! I remember nothing else about the movie. Hoping this one presents a real interesting challenge!

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
sounds a bit like Richard Chamberlain as alan Quartermain and the lost city of gold

Semper Fooey
I don't know for sure because I barely remember it, (mostly for Julie Newmar swimming nude) but it could be Mackenna's Gold.

&feature=related

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
My first impression is definitely MacKenna's Gold. Watch the same director's The Guns of Navarone instead.

Semper Fooey
After watching the first hour the other night, I can say it's not in that part, so now I'm not so sure.
At least you got to see Julie again naked.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
sounds a bit like Richard Chamberlain as alan Quartermain and the lost city of gold
I am not positive but I think that is a scene from Alan Quartermain and the Lost City of Gold. It has been a long time since I have seen it but I am going try and watch it today just to see.

I was watching an old movie a few nights ago called "Green Fire" from 1954, and the start of it reminded me of this thread. Part of darkmag's description namely, "The only scene that I can remember is inside of a cave, where a middle-aged male character was using a chisel or rock hammer to smack an interesting crystal off of the wall of the cavern. He removed it, and turned to walk away with a smug look of satisfaction on his face", is spot on. There is a cave-in also but that comes later in the movie.

The previous answers to this thread could very well be correct of course but we all wait to hear from darkmag2002.