MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2019 Season

Tools    

And just like that Steven Matz has ruined the only category I was good at
I kept checking in on that game and couldn't believe how long the first inning lasted. That's tough. On the other side of things, I accidentally benched James Paxton in my other league yesterday and lost what would've been my best start of the year.

I remember when Tim was selling the concept of changing the Wins category to Quality Starts, and I was all for it. Wins always seemed to be elusive. Well guess what I hate now? Seeing 5.2 IP Augh! Quality starts are like the Gingerbread Man, cant catch them I was going to go into overkill mode and have 9 starting pitchers, but then my Runs, HRs, and RBIs suffered. Think I've found a good balance with 7 starters, 2 set up guys, and 2 closers. Now have 2 bench spots for my offense cause theres always/mostly 2 guys on offense with cold bats at any given time. Seasons only 10% complete, by no means am I bragging, but it feels good not being second to last like I'd been the past 2 seasons.

Finally beginning to lower that team ERA. 7.15 yesterday actually lowered it. Baby steps. It's like my hitters are facing my pitchers everyday.

I remember when Tim was selling the concept of changing the Wins category to Quality Starts, and I was all for it. Wins always seemed to be elusive. Well guess what I hate now? Seeing 5.2 IP Augh! Quality starts are like the Gingerbread Man, cant catch them
Yeah, it's lame, but at least you're waiting for the pitcher to do it. With wins you'll be staring at the same stuff but it's the bullpen blowing the game AFTER the pitcher leaves, or the hitters not hitting...always gonna be something, though.

A system of cells interlinked
It's that time of year again!

My friend Mark, sick of watching from the sidelines and yelling at me on FB, is joining as co-manager again.

Fair warning!

Consider us warned.

And I'll counter-warn that anyone who thinks your team can be assessed in under three weeks might not be suited to the marathon of roto baseball.

Overall, I am pretty happy with my team so far, even if my starting pitching is kind of getting killed. But, isn't everyone's pitching getting killed?

Say, what's going on with that?

Yeah, your team looks fine to me. The Severino injury is tough but there's plenty of time there, and if he were pitching and doing his thing I think you'd be looking fine. You're in the middle of the pack and it's super early. I don't see any cause for alarm.

It's that time of year again!

My friend Mark, sick of watching from the sidelines and yelling at me on FB, is joining as co-manager again.

Fair warning!
I like having LEM back in the mix. In comparison my trade offers look alot less ridiculous

I like having LEM back in the mix. In comparison my trade offers look alot less ridiculous
We are both sending out bad trades...try to guess which ones are which!

Here's a weird thing: I went to set my lineup for tomorrow and three of my players are locked and I can't rotate them in or out. They're all playing in doubleheaders. I've never seen this before.

I'm wondering if one of the double header games is a make up from earlier and it's putting the player in/out based on what I had that day, but I don't know.

Aaron Judge probably just pulled some oblique muscles, and was hoping for a windfall of Homer's to come from him going forward. Enter.......Clint Frazier! argle frickin bargle.....

Benintendi just got a Grand Slam off Charlie Morton because some dumb Ray's fan reached over the fence and caught it! They reviewed it and it was upheld! Instant replay my balls! They didn't even kick the fan out of the stadium, that's not right.

So Aaron Judges left oblique strain is described by the manager as "somewhat significant". That's another way of saying "the kiss of death".

Due to injuries, slumps, and dumb drops I'm rostering Clint Frazier, Dwight Smith Jr, and Renato Nunez. NOW its looking like a TONGO team!

Returning champion PW and his Gassed Juicers took 1st place yesterday, but I was able to barely squeak ahead by a smidge thanks to Josh Reddick *. Very nervous how Tanaka @ LAA & new hotshot Caleb Smith @ Philly fare tonight.

* Yes I know theres still 5 months left in the season and the standings change plenty but I'm savoring every single minute thank you very much!