Watchmen (HBO series)

Tools    

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...at-hbo-1014987

"DC Comics favorite Watchmen may be headed for the small screen.

Fresh off of critical favorite The Leftovers, Damon Lindelof is in talks for a potential Watchmen TV series for HBO. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the project is in the early development stages. An official deal is not yet in place. Representatives for HBO and producers Warner Bros. Television declined comment.

Snyder, who directed the 2009 feature-film adaptation of Alan Moore's beloved comic series, is no longer attached to the drama project from Warner Bros. Television, where both DC Entertainment and Lindelof are housed."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-order-1041707

"HBO is moving forward with Watchmen.

The premium cable network has officially handed out a pilot order and commissioned additional scripts for Damon Lindelof's take on Alan Moore's beloved graphic novel.

The news comes three months after The Hollywood Reporter broke that the Leftovers showrunner was developing a take on the DC Comics favorite. Lindelof also revealed on Instagram that the writers room for the potential TV series has officially been opened.
"

This might just do nobody any good.
Casting news!

Regina King, Tim Blake Nelson, Lou Gossett Jr., Adeline Clemens, Andrew Howard and Don Johnson will star.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...-pilot-1114429

Lindelof described his adaptation as “New Testament”. It’s set in the present day, 30 years after the events of the comics. It’s unknown if any familiar characters will appear. It seems most of the new ones are cops, in some form.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
interesting.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Lindelof described his adaptation as “New Testament”. It’s set in the present day, 30 years after the events of the comics. It’s unknown if any familiar characters will appear. It seems most of the new ones are cops, in some form.
In other words it has nothing to do with Watchmen but they're just using a familiar name for marketing?

Could be. I was thinking the angle is showing a possible future to the comics that sees the country having circled back to masked vigilante love and aspiration. A world where peace was built on lie and all that. You could use that and employ a similar critical eye to today’s pop culture fascination with superheroes and maybe the in-universe government is a mirror to 3rd term Nixon (lots can mined from that alone.)

It’s an interesting “what if?” scenario. I’d be interested in seeing how Ozymandias’ reputation has held up. What about Rorschach’s journal being left to Breitbart?

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Here's hoping it's easier to follow than Doomsday Clock.

One of the all-time great smokers!

Jeremy Irons has been cast in a leading role.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/watchme...ot-1202417623/

So... old Ozymandias?

Sounds like it's going to be focused on The Minutemen, which is a good idea.

Jeremy Irons - Hollis Mason (Nite Owl)
Tim Blake Nelson - Moth Man
Don Johnson - Dollar Bill
Lou Gossett Jr - Hooded Justice

Andrew Howard - Comedian

Sounds like it's going to be focused on The Minutemen, which is a good idea.
Nope. It’s set in present day.

Welcome to the human race...
Really going all in on all possible variations on the Rorschach mask, I see.

Looks like a pretty interesting angle. Best guess, this is post-Watchmen, and Rorscach's journal has inspired a movement.

Someone cited Lindelof as saying it was a remix. Take that as you may, it seems like he's gonna do whatever he wants.

just going back and sweeping up these broken links

I really thought Watchmen was going to be a bit more ambitious than that

Well, that's a lot.

I stopped at the half-hour to go back. We shall see if it all works, but....squids. Have fun explaining the significance of things to people that have no clue about the history of the characters.