0%
0 votes
i dont know his work
3.70%
1 votes
who is he?
27 votes. You may not vote on this poll

drop pants, not bombs
i just want to know how many of you think that charlie chaplin is indeed "the father of cinema".
and itīs bigger than life

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Always prefered to get my Black `n` White fix from Laurel & Hardy & George Formby personally.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Charlie Chaplin was the father of Populist cinema, and as such, one of my all time heroes. He was always flying in the face of authority. Watch Modern Times. It's genius.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

drop pants, not bombs
i agree. i cant beliave that someone has voted "who is he".
he was great in silent films , but also in talkies like dictator, wich is a masterpiece.

he really had a special style , because his films made people laugh and cry and they still do.

Geez i wouldnt of guess Matt was mucking around, its so not like him Charlie was an alright comic master, not a genius. His work doesnt have the same effect though as it probably would have 20 years ago

drop pants, not bombs
maybe you just dont understand his art !

(stop stiring matty )

nah i understand it, its just not quite up there with the best of comedy if ranked against todays works, but thats just my opinion

drop pants, not bombs
do you seriously think that todays american pies and scary movies are better movies than chaplins modern times, city lights or dictator.

then thatīs your problem,you know if you dont care for good movies

Today's "comedies" can't hold a candle to Chaplin. He was actually funny without resorting to bodily fluids or f*cking a pie. I haven't seen an actually funny movie come out in years!

Originally posted by Monkeypunch
Today's "comedies" can't hold a candle to Chaplin. He was actually funny without resorting to bodily fluids or f*cking a pie. I haven't seen an actually funny movie come out in years!
I like Chaplin myself, and Buster Keaton, but don't you think it's a bit extreme to lump all recent comedies into the "bodily fluids/pie-f*cking" category? Not that I don't have a good laugh at toilet humor, but there's good stuff out there that doesn't involve such gags. For real.

Okay, that was a rash generalization, but it does seem that most movies end up involving quite a lot of gross out humor, and not a whole lot of wit. There are exceptions, of course, but I live in a boring suburban area where all the movies where somebody sticks their arm up a cow's arse push out most of the movies where something funny actually happens.

Gross-out's still in the minority, in my opinion...it just stands out a helluva lot more...because so many people make reference to the extreme attempts at comedy.

There are exceptions, of course, but I live in a boring suburban area where all the movies where somebody sticks their arm up a cow's arse push out most of the movies where something funny actually happens.
I sympathize, but at least you're in the 'burbs. I'm way out in Podunk, Illinois, hours from any decent metropolitan area.

And, hey, there's always video...

Originally posted by zelig
do you seriously think that todays american pies and scary movies are better movies than chaplins modern times, city lights or dictator.

then thatīs your problem,you know if you dont care for good movies
no i cant really say American Pie really made me laugh more than it did make me say "GROSS", laughing at something sickening is different than laughing at somethingfunny (rarely do the two go hand in hand) but i never said Charlie wasnt good, i just said he wasnt a genius, i just believe i know where the line between great comidian and genius is

drop pants, not bombs
but you have to admit that he was ahead of his time and making films that are very rare in todays movie world

He was a Genius,Even though no words were on his films,he still made the movies worth watching,it was poetic and sweet and i bet Charlie would love to see his projects still being talked about today.

Chaplin was a genius in front of and behind the camera...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)