Twilight Eclipse

→ in
Tools    

The whole movie focused more on the love triangle, which was not half bad. The vampire movements and the battle scenes involving the werewolves were very good - although this is the only time wherein there was action going on in the screen. We also liked the flashbacks on which the scenes not only wove into the plot significantly but helps the audience get a deeper connection to what the protagonist of the movie is going through. Those who are not fans would surely think the whole movie was dragging and the story, pointless. Overall, we think they were able to execute the third film with the best of their abilities, with the material given to them. More than anything, two things that the movie succeeded in is making the girls squirm every time Jacob had his shirt off and delighting the Moms with Edward saying that marriage should come first before sexual intercourse.

i dont think so

I read on a blog that the entire series was ripped from Sookie Stackhouse's Dead Until Dark. Just sayin'.

I read on a blog that the entire series was ripped from Sookie Stackhouse's Dead Until Dark. Just sayin'.
I just read up on this, and your right, it seems to be a rip off. That's hilarious

Isn't Dead Until Dark what True Blood is based off of? I've never seen an episode, I'm also Just sayin'

At least its acknowledged. I never watched True Blood but people like it. People like Twilight too.

English may not be Akasha's first language as I've noticed several members use "we" instead of "I" that English is a second language for...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Akasha is probably a representative for a collective consciousness or hive-mind. Lay easy yall.

Unregistered Illegal User
What a very odd choice of colour, red fonts on grey background, i couldn't help but squint my eyes to read it. Anyway i think the Twilight series is something you either absolutely hate it or love it. But it certainly is not the 'worst' series as some people call it, the production is decent and while the plot of the story leaves a lot to be desired there is not much you can do when you have a glittering vampire falling in love with a very boring self consumed teenage girl.

Grill me, I dare you!
My Reviews

The third installment of the Twilight Saga has been out. The wifey wanted to see it, so off we went. Well, I was impressed by the first film, and disappointed in the second. This one was much better. There was some real action in this movie, and the story moved along. Victoria finally made it clear what she’s really up to, and a tentative and fragile truce between Team Edward and Team Jacob seems to be holding a bit. Bella still can’t make up her mind, and it makes it clear why there’s no Team Bella. Because Bella is annoying and turns everybody off. The only one more annoying is Bella’s Dad, but he’s not important anyway.

I started out after Part Two as a Team Edward fan, but I think I just switched. Jacob has much more to offer Bella, and he’ll take care of her. I don’t trust Edward. But that’s just me. I did notice that the Team Edward T-shirts were on sale at the theater for $5.00, but there were no Team Jacob shirts to be had at any price. But that could be because the Jacob fans don’t wear shirts, I’m not sure.

Ok so it wasn’t great or anything, but it was decent, and a darn site better than the last one. It was worth it to watch it in a theatre filled with people to see their reaction to some of the classic lines. I don’t know if Bella is ever going to make up her mind or not, but it doesn’t really matter at this point. As long as someone kicks Jane (Dakota Fanning) in the backside. That girl deserves it! Guess I’ll have to stick around for the next one to see if someone finally does.

Interesting, seems you are giving Twilight the thumbs up, but a negative review for Inception. To each his own...

edit: Sorry, I really didn't need to throw Inception into my above statement, thats irrelevant- Unfortunately I have had to tag along with my wife to see all of these Twilight films, and they are just pure garbage. I just can't understand positive reviews for these things at all. Just seeing you use descriptions such as "classic lines" makes me cringe.

Like I have said in other threads I thought Eclipse was the best of the series up to this point. The fighting sequences were in my opinion very good and the story of the love triangle between Edward, Bella, and Jacob is really done well in this film. I am looking forward to the final installments of Breaking Dawn.

I don't understand the love triangle at all. Why would a shapeshifting werewolf and an immortal vampire fight over a girl that isn't particularly pretty, particularly smart, funny, interesting, etc...?

>smart

The symbolism is fascinating, but the films and "lolnovelz" are utter sh*t.

Take Jacob and Edward as opposites. Polar opposites in both in color (orange v. blue) and personality (rowdy/goofy v. ultrachill/srsbzns). Bella is forced to choose between them, loves them both, and embodies both of them inside of herself. A duality emerges; the duality of human life. There is this ideal, Edward, this statue, a simulacra that has become the simulated. And then there is this animal reality, Jacob, warm but flawed; he is also mortal. Bella obviously here makes the wrong choice. The ideal is a fiction and malicious one because Jacob can never strive to be as good as Edward. He tries and this is the source of his pain. I'm not sure what happens at the end with him, but above is the reason why I am forever Team Jacob.

There are things both for and against Edward in my opinion. Obviously he loves and cares for Bella, but he knows he is the person that can ultimately hurt her the most. He does attempt several times to change Bella's mind , but Bella stands firm that she wants to be with him and to be with him means to become like him. Does Bella make the wrong choice, maybe or maybe not. The thing that differs from Bella and Jake is she loves him, but on a different level then the way she is with Edward. It is hard for me to choose between Team Edward and Team Jacob. I prefer to be Team Bella because even though her decision is a tough one she still has two hot guys after her and in love with her.

Team Bella is theoretically pure version since we, as humans are a duality of symbolic ideal and animal real. But if the choice has to be made between them?

Let's not forget here that Edward is of the undead. He is neither dead or alive. The negation of the act of being dead is not being dead, or being alive. The negation of dead itself is undead. In other words, he is dead, but he acts as if he is alive. It's totally strange why someone undead would be used as a love focus when horror writers have mostly used them to scare the sh*t out of people. Edward also represents vanity of vanity: humanity's desire to live forever, always staying young.

So, how does someone dead love?

I just read up on this, and your right, it seems to be a rip off. That's hilarious

Isn't Dead Until Dark what True Blood is based off of? I've never seen an episode, I'm also Just sayin'

I've read this too... and that one of the other of them ripped off The Vampire Diaries... but after having read all the books in question... and also being a fan of Dracula and The Vampire Chronicles... I think it's pretty much all Bull S... There are similarities in every vampire story I've ever read... even Dracula has a love triangle... and Louie became a "vegetarian" vamp...