Do young actors/actresses get exposed to too much?

Tools    

I think the worst case scenarios are when child actors are not taught that fame is likely to come and go. Its difficult to go from a life of admiration and access to an ordinary life. Its a shame to see actors such as Corey Haim, etc. go down a path that could have been prevented.

I have no sympathy for these children. They are all delusional. No kid can deal with that kind of center of attention stardom when kids are already just that in their minds.

I don't want to seem like a grump here, but whether you are exposed or not (and I'm not down playing anything here), I think everyone (for the most part) gets to choose what they do.
I agree with this comment. Unfortunately, lots of kids get into problems with drugs and alcohol; it's not confined to child stars. Lots of child stars do fine. That's not to say that environment has nothing to do with it (sure must be easier to get into drugs when you have easy access to them), but you can't forget about personality and drive.

I mostly worry that these child stars will feel pressure to make it as adult stars when they don't necessary want that. Getting out of hollywood has to be a lot tougher than quitting violin or ballet. What will they do when they just don't want it anymore?

On a completely unrelated subject, when did Dakota Fanning turn 16?? I'm too young to start feeling old, but seriously?

How is that unrelated? We should have a countdown to when she turns 18 like the Olsen twins did.

j/k that was obscene. I'm a good feminist.

Dakota Fanning is a few months older than me and I look back at movies like I Am Sam and think wow it has been that long since that movie came out and I was that little too when it came out. Dakota seems to have a good support base and a good head on her shoulder which I really think is so important for child actors.

Dakota Fanning is a few months older than me and I look back at movies like I Am Sam and think wow it has been that long since that movie came out and I was that little too when it came out. Dakota seems to have a good support base and a good head on her shoulder which I really think is so important for child actors.
I know how you feel, I'm the same age as the Olsen twins, and I've felt the same way. I always wanted to be as cool as they were, so I often copied their hairstyles. Of course, there's not really any excuse to watch their straight-to-dvd movies, but I never let that stop me. Nostalgia is fun, and one of the videos features a young Megan Fox, which I find amusing.

I don't think so you can see the Kristen Stewart she doesn't expose so much.....she really looks so sweet...