Acid Westerns

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
So this isnt about cowboys on drugs

TBH I dont think I have seen any films that are in this genre.

I was hoping to learn more about this genre.. but not much information out there.

Can The Proposition & Blueberry (Renegade) be considered as Acid Westerns??

Can The Proposition
I don't think so. From what I've learned, acid westerns tend to focus on more metaphysical issues, while often straying from conventions in traditional westerns.

Dead Man and El Topo are good ones.

Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid.
The Ballad of Cable Hogue.

Any concidence they're both by Sam Peckinpah?

++++++++++++++

Was very impressed by There Will Be Blood.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Unless you're really up on your Nicaraguan history, that should be a waste. Wait a sec, even then, it's a waste but tell us what you think.

Unless you're really up on your Nicaraguan history, that should be a waste. Wait a sec, even then, it's a waste but tell us what you think.
I liked it.. Still trying to figure out the need for extraordinary anachronisms.

This is very interesting stuff! I've never heard of this before.

Semper Fooey
Not really an acid Western, but you may want to take acid after watching this.

Wasn't quite sure where to post this and, tbh, I'm not sure how relevant it is. However, if you get the chance to see it, I think any fan of the Western will be interested in seeing this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00c4zvh

Unfortunately, it's not available on iPlayer, but should you see it anywhere, I'd recommend it as an interesting and personal documentary about the history of the Western.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Zachariah is no great shakes but it's watchable and has Country Joe and the Fish as an outlaw gang. Of course, this means that the film also has quite a few songs, including this intro by the James Gang.