What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

&feature=related

kind of have to be in the mood to listen to Flyleaf, but if you are also a fan of christian rock - they really nailed it on this one. really reminded me why i liked them in the first place.

Also, doing a lil christian indie music surfing, and ran across this lesser know jewish gem - the girl child has bagpipes like a soul sistah! Its interesting that they really pub the hit below (which is enjoyable in its own right) because its more palatable to mainstream music lovers, but its her lesser known, harder to find songs that really showcase her vocal talent. the child can sing. the child. can sing! It almost reminds me of what they say about how Nelly Furtado took on a more mainstream Americanized sound once she "crossed over."

Anyway. Still a great song.

&feature=PlayList&p=4CDB2F01E3FA908A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=14

The People's Republic of Clogher
Laurie Anderson - O Superman

AKA: How To Clear a Room in 20 Seconds

I, however, love Mrs Lou Reed and love O Superman to bits so I'd be the one still left sitting on your sofa. Eating your Pringles and drinking your vodka...

There's another one of my favourite songs. Maybe it's actually the 'walking down a street while life goes on around you' video style that I love?

A system of cells interlinked
Strange Biscuit - Pseudo Acoustic

Liam Clancy - And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda

I'm genuinely saddened to hear of Liam's passing today. "The best ballad singer I've ever heard" said Dylan (and he was easily the best 'guest' in Scorcese's recent Bobumentary) and it's hard for me to pick a better one.

One of the great singers of songs to come from this island, in fact I can only think of Christy Moore left of Irish singers who could take any song and make it their own.

Rest in peace.

Ah yes, Tommy Makem. A good County Armagh boy.

I was in his home village of Darkley last week and have always found it a highly ... unusual little place. Y'know, Duelling Banjos and all that...

The Clancy Bros and Tommy Makem - Oro Se Do Bheatha Bhaile

When I said a couple of posts ago that Christy Moore was probably the last great Irish balladeering troubadour it got me thinking. Sinead O'Connor is turning into one and she does a great version of that song.

Set The Fire To The 3rd Bar ~ Snow Patrol and Martha Wainwright

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)