What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

Happy New Year from Philly!
Buffy Sainte-Marie

He's a Keeper of the Fire

God is Alive, Magic is Afoot

Little Wheel Spin and Spin

Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

The People's Republic of Clogher
Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal

Seeing as it's now the first Advent Sunday before Christmas, or something, I think it's now time to post songs like this.

The band kinda crept up on me early in the year and I love them - my favourite American band in years, in fact. They're also proof, in a roundabout way, that The Beach Boys were better than The Beatles.

The People's Republic of Clogher
PP Slaggart - Whisky Town

I'm probably being terribly indulgent here because I've known PP for years but I think he's a fantastic and sadly unappreciated songwriter. He's got a new album coming out which you'll probably never ever see in shops or hear on the radio.

There's more to Irish music than John & Edward!