El Camino: Breaking Bad Movie

Tools    

I can't stand going to theaters, otherwise I totally would.

This is the rare NEW release I want to see that I can watch from home. Not missing that opportunity!

The Adventure Starts Here!
Fair enough. I did go to a theater last weekend to see Downton Abbey (with the Henriquezes and the Gordons), at Waterworks Cinema. Very few people there (and mostly middle-aged women, ha ha)... and I loved the reclining seats and wide aisles. A lovely experience, but I understand your reticence. At a movie like this, it's far more likely that the experience would be horrible with the other idiots in the theater.

Plus, hey, FREE on Netflix.

Breaking Bad and Jackie Brown star Robert Forster has died aged 78.

The Oscar-nominated veteran actor died from brain cancer - the day his new film, the Breaking Bad movie El Camino was released.

Forster was born in Rochester, New York, and began training to become an actor at the University of Rochester, where he was as a law student.

He would earn a Bachelor of Arts degree and took starring roles in the student drama productions.

Forster landed a role on Broadway before appearing Reflections In A Golden Eye by John Huston, which would spark his long career.

Sad to hear about this today; he was really good – I was watching some of Jackie Brown recently.

Love Breaking Bad. Seen the entire show front to back 3 times. Never done that to any other show.

But El Camino disappointed me. It didn’t bring much of its own or anything solid to warrant its existence. I didn’t expect BB but I expected Gilligan to have so something he really wanted to say.

I'm not really a big fan of the series as general.
I think it had a story so good that anything would stick.
I liked Saul Goodman, that was interesting to see.
Plan on watching the film, not sure where, is Netflix only?

@Yoda... it's playing at the SouthSide Works this weekend. I could go on Sunday... just sayin'.
Wow, it looks as though gentrification has come to the old South Side! I'd love to see it. We used to go to a Hungarian restaurant there. Can't think of it's name. Lots of history in the "Sahth Side"!..

~Doc

I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, it would have been better to watch (for me) if I had preceded it with a rewatch of a few BB episodes. Its been too long and my memory is rusty.

Great acting all around.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Wow, it looks as though gentrification has come to the old South Side! I'd love to see it. We used to go to a Hungarian restaurant there. Can't think of it's name. Lots of history in the "Sahth Side"!..

~Doc
So you know da 'Burgh... or did you live here?

So you know da 'Burgh... or did you live here?
Yeah, I grew up in Mt. Lebanon. Left for college in '62, came back in mid-'70s, left for good in '78. Was back only once in '91. Love to make another trip though. Things have really changed! Pittsburgh has the friendliest people of any city I've ever lived, with the possible exception of the Deep South.

~Doc