Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Downfall (2004)

Ladies, may I have your attention please. If you lean forward and to your left, you will see our head sideshow freak, in charge of today's circus presentation. He is an angry, rabid, suicidal, senile, babbling fool, an eccentric and a slobbering imbecile. Enjoy the show!

The rest of the movie seemed like a long and awful comedy. Send in the clowns...

I would not watch it again, and I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone, simply because I did not enjoy it that much.

That being said, it's probably an essential educational tool for the German people, especially if their general mentality was accurately displayed in the film.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sideshow.png
Views:	816
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	27245   Click image for larger version

Name:	Comedy.png
Views:	835
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	27246  

Downfall (2004)

Ladies, may I have your attention please. If you lean forward and to your left, you will see our head sideshow freak, in charge of today's circus presentation. He is an angry, rabid, suicidal, senile, babbling fool, an eccentric and a slobbering imbecile. Enjoy the show!

The rest of the movie seemed like a long and awful comedy. Send in the clowns...

I would not watch it again, and I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone, simply because I did not enjoy it that much.

That being said, it's probably an essential educational tool for the German people, especially if their general mentality was accurately displayed in the film.
Yes..well now that your leftist SJW tirade is out of the way, can we get your opinion on the film and not the politics please.

Welcome to the human race...
Yes..well now that your leftist SJW tirade is out of the way, can we get your opinion on the film and not the politics please.
Between this and the fact that you voluntarily compared yourself to an unrepentant neo-Nazi in the "3 Fictional Characters" thread, I really am starting to wonder just what your deal is, Slob. Also, how much of an opinion can you have about a film like Downfall that doesn't involve one's personal politics to some extent or another?

Anyway...

Bugsy Malone -

Very weird to think that the director's next movie after this one was Midnight Express.

I got all that out of the movie. Seen others with/on hitler, but, never had to watch him and his supporting cult portrayed as such morons. It was like a bad, bad comedy.

Welcome to the human race...
I got all that out of the movie. Seen others with/on hitler, but, never had to watch him and his supporting cult portrayed as such morons. It was like a bad, bad comedy.
This sounds more like dramatic irony than just bad comedy, though. It is possible to emphasise characters' flaws and stupidity within a dramatic context instead of a comedic one, even if it may be to the extent where you think you're watching an unfunny comedy.

What's your rating of Downfall?
Judging by my records, a
. That being said, I haven't seen it in about a decade so maybe it's time to revisit it and see how it holds up.

Between this and the fact that you voluntarily compared yourself to an unrepentant neo-Nazi in the "3 Fictional Characters" thread, I really am starting to wonder just what your deal is, Slob. Also, how much of an opinion can you have about a film like Downfall that doesn't involve one's personal politics to some extent or another?
I could say that I'm an "unrepentant" Communist if it would be more palatable?

...Judging by my records, a
. That being said, I haven't seen it in about a decade so maybe it's time to revisit it and see how it holds up.
That's about the same rating I gave it. For me, a second viewing diminished the power of the movie to a small degree, but still impressive.

Thanks for the reminder. I actually own Romper Stomper (1992) on DVD. I started watching it some years back, but, I lost interest and turned it off. It actually has good ratings. Maybe it's time to revisit, as a more mature viewer.

I recommend...
Hitler: The Rise of Evil (2003)
Max (2002)

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Audrie & Daisy

(Bonn Cohen &Jon Shenk)

A harrowing look into the rape of two 14 year old girls by people they thought were their friends. The film focuses on the aftermath of the sexual assaults, how one girl took her life and how the other prevailed despite numerous attempts.

Yup, this is a hard one to sit through, especially when you hear some of the disgusting rationalizations some people try to make about the incidents. I don't know what aspect of the film is more shocking; the rape of multiple 14 year old girls, the bullying these girls had to go through by classmates, the humiliation, the results of the case against the perpetrators, the suicide, the atrocious comments from the local sheriff. I think the last one has to be noted as he tries to clarify that it wasn't rape (it was) and that the girls were just as much at fault as the boys, who were a few years older.

The film chronicles the events that took place with both girls and it can be tough to sit through. It gets worse when the mother of Audrie tells the story of how she found her daughter. Things then shift to Daisy who goes through a similar situation. She attempts to take her own life, but fails. Her life takes a turn for the worse and she shuts everyone out. Dyes her blonde hair black, gets multiple piercings and becomes a completely different person. The bright side is that she manages to persevere.

There are plenty of documentaries out there that will test the patience of the viewer. This one is no different. I felt the anger that these parents had for the lack of justice for their children. Whatever "justice" that was served was laughable and an insult.

Suspect's Reviews

A lesser 127 hours, but with more sharks, questionable CGI, and climax decisions. Even knowing what it was going into it, I came out less than satisfied.

2/5

The Outing (1987)
-

"The Outing" is the edited and shortened version of 1987's "The Lamp."
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/outing/

The best thing here was the cover art. Some bad acting, bad special effects, little originality, storyline felt like it was slow and had omissions or parts missing (edited), no real babes, not enough nudity, the list goes on... I'm not really sure why it got the R rating. The violence and gore were, at times, acceptable.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
For matt and Camo, Teri Garr was Gene Hackman's girlfriend near the beginning of The Conversation who left him because he wouldn't share his personal life with her. She's briefly here at 2:00. (That's not her below.)

Thanks Mark. I feel like an idiot now. In my write up on it i spent a decent portion talking about that scene. To be fair though i'm mostly familiar with Garr when she was older in stuff like Friends.

Aahhhhh the lovely Teri Garr ...

"Bialystock and Blum.
Got dag pa dig."

... she'll always be Ulla in my mind

^ Is that another one of your joke posts?
Well it might've fooled Camo but not now

Funny thing is i watched The Producers for the first time last month, and i thought that character was hilarious. Didn't remember her name was Ulla though so it failed before Mark posted that. haha.

Funny thing is i watched The Producers for the first time last month, and i thought that character was hilarious. Didn't remember her name was Ulla though so it failed before Mark posted that. haha.
Awww poop!!!
Oh wells...