Captain Marvel

Tools    

Holy sh*t, Holy sh*t. I just had an epiphany of who should play this as I was writing another post.

Lake Bell

Ahh it's too perfect. She is ridiculously charming and talented. I think she would do to Captain Marvel what RDJ did for Iron Man...well maybe not that perfect but pretty damn close. If they were looking for a witty lead like Iron Man. It's not like she doesn't have the figure for it! Good Lord.

It would be really nice to see her get the role and the big break that comes with it. The only fear I have is she is a little older and the movie doesn't come out till 2018. She is going be 36 this year. I mean I could careless how old she is but the studio might if they want to make more. She strikes me as being beautiful for the rest of her life though.

Anyways that is my 2 cents. She probably will never be considered but heres to hoping.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I'd never heard of Captain Marvel before this movie was announced - based on the pictures on Google it looks like he was just Marvel's answer to Superman back in the day. But seems very redundant now, since he's too much of a doppleganger and will never match Supes' popularity.

If they make a movie out of him they should alter his appearance and persona drastically to avoid him just coming across as a "Superman Rip Off".

Holy sh*t, Holy sh*t. I just had an epiphany of who should play this as I was writing another post.

Lake Bell

Ahh it's too perfect. She is ridiculously charming and talented. I think she would do to Captain Marvel what RDJ did for Iron Man...well maybe not that perfect but pretty damn close. If they were looking for a witty lead like Iron Man. It's not like she doesn't have the figure for it! Good Lord.

It would be really nice to see her get the role and the big break that comes with it. The only fear I have is she is a little older and the movie doesn't come out till 2018. She is going be 36 this year. I mean I could careless how old she is but the studio might if they want to make more. She strikes me as being beautiful for the rest of her life though.

Anyways that is my 2 cents. She probably will never be considered but heres to hoping.
Wait I'm confused - forgive me for being comic book-illiterate but there's a female and male version of the same character in Marvel Comics?

Not to be confused with Captain Marvel in the DC Universe? Those pictures you guys have posted with the guy in red with yellow boots is the DC Captain Marvel.

There's a Captain Marvel movie coming out in 2019 called Shazam! that's tying in with the current BvS and Aquaman/Wonder Woman stuff.

The Captain Marvel from Marvel comics was originally Captain Mar-Vell and was initially a rip off of Superman. In another rip off of DC comics, Marvel character was then swapped and changed rather like DC's Green Lantern and Flash...

Not to be confused with Captain Marvel in the DC Universe? Those pictures you guys have posted with the guy in red with yellow boots is the DC Captain Marvel.
Oh that explains the confusion, thanks for that

Don't see the point in DC creating a character who looks just like Superman in a new suit (unless he was an alter-ego or something in the comics).

There's a Captain Marvel movie coming out in 2019 called Shazam! that's tying in with the current BvS and Aquaman/Wonder Woman stuff.

The Captain Marvel from Marvel comics was originally Captain Mar-Vell and was initially a rip off of Superman. In another rip off of DC comics, Marvel character was then swapped and changed rather like DC's Green Lantern and Flash...
Interesting stuff.

This might just do nobody any good.
Time to do my info dump/thread bump thing.

First off, and this is something that’s been known since summer of 2016, Brie Larson will play Carol Danvers in both her own solo movie and Infinity War: Part 2. Both films will drop in 2019 (March 8th and May 3rd, to be exact.)

Second: Anna Bowden & Ryan Fleck (probably best known for Half Nelson) will direct the Captain Marvel solo movie, which will be set in the 1990’s and will introduce the Skrulls into the MCU. Samuel L. Jackson will still play Nick Fury, pre-eyepatch.

Today we learn that Ben Mendelsohn and Jude Law will play supporting parts as the Kree villain Yon-Rogg and Kree hero and the original Captain Marvel, uh, Mar-Vell (aka Walter Lawson), respectively.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...marvel-1061102

If my memory serves and it usually doesn't. She becomes Mrs. Marvel because she marries Mar'vell. I never knew Captain Marvel and Shazam! were the same character. I see DC tried to sue the makers of Captain Marvel because he too, was to close of a match to Superman. According to wiki, he was even a bit more popular (gasp!) than Supes for a little while.

If my memory serves and it usually doesn't. She becomes Mrs. Marvel because she marries Mar'vell. I never knew Captain Marvel and Shazam! were the same character. I see DC tried to sue the makers of Captain Marvel because he too, was to close of a match to Superman. According to wiki, he was even a bit more popular (gasp!) than Supes for a little while.
I know it's complicated with a lot of comic book history and two different companies having a hero with the same sounding name (I'm not even up on Marvel's current Captain Marvel myself).
But one quick correction: for DC comics (their Captain Marvel was originally owned by Fawcett Comics) Cap and Shazam aren't the same character - Shazam was the name of an ancient wizard who granted Billy Batson the power to turn into Captain Marvel. Billy would say the wizard's name "Shazam!" to activate the lightning bolt that would transform him. And the name Shazam was also an acronym for the various beings and gods that bestowed powers upon Captain Marvel... complicated, I know.

It gets worse with the long legal history between Cap and Superman, Cap's exile from publication, then Marvel Comics creating their own Captain Marvel, the original Cap resurfacing and being acquired by DC and on and on!

Oh, DC definitely calls him Shazam now. But he started off as Captain Marvel. Probably smart, especially if the Marvel movie machine is going to make an actual Ms. Marvel movie. Wouldn't want to get sued. Which would be funny to me. DC gets sued 60 some odd years later over a comic book character that they themselves sued another company for being too much like their own crappy superhero.

Oh, DC definitely calls him Shazam now. But he started off as Captain Marvel. Probably smart, especially if the Marvel movie machine is going to make an actual Ms. Marvel movie. Wouldn't want to get sued. Which would be funny to me. DC gets sued 60 some odd years later over a comic book character that they themselves sued another company for being too much like their own crappy superhero.
I don't know what DC calls him now (I stopped reading modern comics several years back).

But much of the initial confusion between the characters of the original Captain Marvel and Shazam was because when DC acquired Captain Marvel in the early 70's they titled his comic "Shazam!" (and this was due to the copyright issues with Marvel's character of the same name at that time - DC couldn't use Captain Marvel as a title).
Then, when DC's Cap went to TV, just like the comic, they titled the TV show "Shazam!"

Ya’ll should start a Shazam thread since that movie’s ready to go as well...

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0448115/

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Here's the first photo of Brie as Captain Marvel on the set.

It is based on the original Mar-Vell uniform of the Captain Marvel universe, so yeah...it is based on the Kree. Kevin Feige confirmed in July that "The Kree-Skrull War" will be part of the film.

I was about to post that. Heh.

I keep giggling at this one:

I was about to post that. Heh.

I keep giggling at this one:

She's reading the backlash about the outfit and is ripping the paper! LOL