You like metal?

Tools    

Let's just have a metal thread for the hell of it. So, I'm mostly a darker metal kind of guy. I love deep and disturbing metal with philosophical lyrics, stuff like Neurosis, My Dying Bride, etc.

Tungsten's ok. Not keen on lead at all. As a former twisted firestarter my favourite will always be Magnesium though.

So, I'm mostly a darker metal kind of guy. I love deep and disturbing metal with philosophical lyrics,
Ditto. Neurosis is my fav metal band. Also Pan Thy Monium, Godflesh, SYL/Devin Townsend, Gorguts, OLD. Usually the ones that lean experimental or sample/synth-heavy.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Yes.

To name a few...
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

A system of cells interlinked
Several metal threads already going, but hey, the more the metal-er, or something...

A large amount of my listening time is spent with metal, mostly death/black/doom these days. Still love the old classic stuff, as well.

Most recent show I went to was in October and the line up consisted of Omnium Gatherum, Moonspell, Ne Obliviscarus, Wintersun, Dark Tranquillity, and Amorphis. Amazing show!

Let's just have a metal thread for the hell of it. So, I'm mostly a darker metal kind of guy. I love deep and disturbing metal with philosophical lyrics, stuff like Neurosis, My Dying Bride, etc.
I got razzed to hell for my picks in the first Metal Song Tournament, but I've since expanded my knowledge significantly. I mainly like Progressive Metal, then Power Metal, then Symphonic Metal. Traditional "Heavy Metal" doesn't go that far with me, although I can appreciate a couple Metallica songs.

Still don't like growly vocals, but there are a small handful of songs that I still like despite.

Since I am learning Japanese I have been listening to power metal with Japanese female voice acting:

Very nice light metal to listen to relax.

I am also a big fan of heavier stuff like Astrophobos:

But my all time favorite are the classic ones:

Not really. While i do like dozen stuff that tag, related with metal -and even expanded little of my glossary with the genre- its never come to amuse me as a whole attraction.

I prefer copper or tin..

Seriously though, a thread for metal music, I rarely look for music on forums anymore because everytime I do, it's metal after metal

metal or old popular songs everybody knows, I long gave up looking on forums to discover new music
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

I got razzed to hell for my picks in the first Metal Song Tournament, but I've since expanded my knowledge significantly. I mainly like Progressive Metal, then Power Metal, then Symphonic Metal. Traditional "Heavy Metal" doesn't go that far with me, although I can appreciate a couple Metallica songs.

Still don't like growly vocals, but there are a small handful of songs that I still like despite.

I love cheesy metal. My favorite power metal bands are Helloween, Stormwarrior, Blind Guardian, Nightwish and Galneyrus.

I love cheesy metal. My favorite power metal bands are Helloween, Stormwarrior, Blind Guardian, Nightwish and Galneyrus.
I've listened to all of those except the last. I like a handful of Nightwish songs, 1 song from Stormwarrior, and Blind Guardian has some fun stuff, but nothing so far that I would casually listen to.

My favorite metal bands would have to be:

Dream Theater
Dragonforce
In This Moment
and Ordan Ogan

summoner of cosmic darkness– –Exomancer– –conjurer of astral terror

HAIDUK
Evil Melodic Black\M/etal

New Album

“A nightmarish journey that reveals one chilling, hallucinatory vision after another.”
-No Clean Singing

“Sinister, spiralling, atonal and dark, ‘Exomancer’ is going to be an underrated gem from 2018.”
-The Killchain