30 Rock

Tools    

Loved ep 20...the complexities of the relationship between Jack and Liz anchored this ep. Jack seems to constantly seek approval about his love life from Liz while running hers and for some reason, as much as Liz wants Jack to mind his own business, he always seems to be in her head and she feels the need to protect him at the same time. Loved the cutaway to the rat race in Floyd's apartment building. Sorry Liz's relationship with Floyd is over but loved their getaway to Cleveland, and that song about Cleveland was hysterical. Wish I knew who sang that. Speaking of which, also loved Kenneth' impression of Michael McDonald.

The first season finale didn't really provide any big cliffhanger, unless you want to count Tracy continuing to evade the Black Crusaders, but there definitely were laughs provided, most of them from the fabulous Elaine Stritch, finally making her first appearance as Jack's Mom and totally hitting it off with Liz. Sean Hayes was also very funny in his male version of Annie Wilkes planning to take Tracy out of his "misery". Liz and Floyd trying to do the long distance relationship is a nice idea , but it doesn't really have any legs. I don't know, I expected a little more from the season finale.

The second season opener just forgot about Tracy being chased by the black crusade and just decided to have his wife kick him out instead; loved that nobody cared about Liz' breakup with Floyd. A musical version of Mystic Pizza sounds like a wonderful idea and what made Jack think he could exploit Jerry Seinfeld? I can't believe Liz bought that wedding dress, no matter how pretty she looked in it; Tracy and Kenneth is becoming one of TV's greatest bromances; the relationship between Jack and Liz continues to be one of TV's greatest enigmas.

Just watched season 2 of ep 2...the return of Will Arnett as Devin Banks was comic gold. I have to admit that I thought Jack was actually going to let him die. Loved Jenna's comeback as the "Me Want Food" Girl actually reached the level of merchandising. Tracy's "Werewolf Bar Mtzvah" video was a riot and I can't believe Liz still has that wedding dress.

Ep 3 ws easily stolen by Carrie Fisher as the washed up writer who almost gets Liz fired and by Alec Baldwin in Tracy's therapy session. Was a little disappointed to see Pete breakup the "Page Off" because I really wanted to see how that would play out.

David Schwimmer was a surprisingly strong anchor to ep 4. Loved the cutaways to Liz and Kenneth at Kenneth's past parties. Loved when Greenzo told the kids to hold their breath forever. "We've lost control of Greenzo...we should have gotten Angie Harmon." I loved the way Greenzo called Meredith Viera "Mary." Thrilled that we finally met Pete's wife, that was hilarious. Kenneth's party and his admonishment of the partygoers the next day was hysterical. Can't believe thy got a cameo from Al Gore. Funny show.

Ep 5 was hysterical...loved Edie Falco as Senator Sarah and Kristen Wiig playing her in the Lifetime movie. Kenneth's quest to replace Jack's pants was a lot of fun too. Also loved Tracy's impression of Rerun. Fred Armisen was also fun as Raheem.

Ep 6 had me on the floor...I loved Frank's sexual attraction to Jamie the coffee guy. I lost it when Frank bought him a sweater. Loved when Tracy's baseball players all said what they were going to be when they grew up. Cougar Jenna and Aaron were hysterical and the reveal of Jamie's mother was perfection.

Ep 7 was fun...the Frank/Twofer feud was very funny...I love Judah Friedlander, whatever happened to him? Loved Jenna's entourage and the final scene in the executive dining room.

As expected, Elaine Stritch stole the majority of ep 8 as Jack's mother decided to destroy to destroy Liz' family. Buck Henry and Anita Gillette were all kinds of adorable as Liz' parents and Andy Richter was funny as brother Mitch. Loved that Mitch has a past with Jenna, which she tried to make sure everyone knew about for some reason. The cutaway to Liz' high school football game was hysterical as was Kenneth's coke addiction during his Wall Street years, as well as his attempt to save "ludachristmas."

Ep 9 had flashes of brilliance, with some solid work from Tina Fey as Liz attempted to buy a co-op a German television station and it all backfired on her. Loved the sequence of calls after the interview especially. I knew Jack and CiCi were history the second they threw their cell phones into that river. Poor Kenneth had me on the floor getting addicted to caffeine and the staging of "Midnight Train to Georgia" was brilliant...especially loved the look on Tracy's face when Jenna jumped in. Great episode.

Loved the canvas of MILF Island as the canvas for the episode. I don't know how I knew, but I knew all along that Jack knew it was Liz. The alliance between Frank and Lutz was funny and so was Pete being caught in the vending machine. Loved that Kenneth took the fall for Liz, which is the moment I knew that Jack knew all along. Great show.

The return of Dean Winters in ep 11 was absolutely inspired as was Jack's attempt to turn Tracy into a republican. I think I loved Alec Baldwin's Richard Nixon better than his Donald Trump. And as much as it pains me to say it, Tim Conway's character was a complete waste of screentime, even with the wink to McHale's Navy.

Ep 12 was kind of weird..didn't really understand the circumstances behind Jack's demotion to the 12th floor but his entrance onto the 12th floor was hysterical. The drinking game was fun with Brian Dennehy and leave it to Kenneth to save the day. The return of Jason Sudekis as Floyd (why do all of Liz Lemon's love interests leave and come back?} was fun and it was nice to see Floyd stumble from the pedestal that Liz had him on. Loved when Pete and the crew staged their reunion complete with fan to make Liz' hair feather in the wind.

Ep 13 was totally off the wall...Kenneth's complicated road to Beijing was a delight from start to finish. I was impressed that when they did the three month jump and addressed the jump as how it related to all the storylines and not just one. Often when a show does a jump in time, it addresses one storyline and forgets about the rest of them. Grizz and Jenna were hysterical doing the audio for the video game. Loved that Jack was the first person Liz called when she thought she was pregnant and, of course, Dennis had to be the father...love Dean Winters.

The season 3 opener got off to a strange start as there was a lot of stuff that happened between the hiatus and this episode that viewers weren't told about. I don't know where Liz' sudden desire to adopt a child came from, since it hadn't been mentioned up to this point, but it made for a lot of laughs, thanks primarily to the brilliant Megan Mullally as the adoption lady...loved when she got knocked out y Frank's numchucks. Jack's battle to rid GE of Devin Banks was a lot of fun too...loved when Devon told Jack that there was no more GE because he sold the E. And what was Devon doing with those two guys in Central Park?

Ep 2 was fun...everything that happened between Liz and Oprah was gold. Loved when Liz said Oprah smelled like rosewater and laundry. Tracy made the ugliest white girl while Jenna made a cute black guy. Watching Jack have to humble himself to Kenneth was fun but he got Kenneth back good. Love that Kenneth was terrified of Sponge Bob Square Pants.

Ep 3 was very funny...Jennifer Aniston was a riot as Claire, Liz' old roommate who was an uncanny melding of Alex Forrest and Annie Wilkes. I knew that as soon as Liz gave up trying to save Jack from her that her interest in Jack would evaporate. The Night Court reunion was a cute idea, but it was also kind of bittersweet since Harry Anderson, Markie Post, and Charles Robinson are no longer with us. Loved when they edited the shot of new Jenna with the shot of young Harry Anderson from the original show.

Ep4 featured a very funny performance from Steve Martin as another rich and powerful guy who tries to come between that very special relationship that is Liz and Jack. Loved Liz eating the potpourri.