The MoFo Top 100 of the Seventies

→ in
Tools    

How long after the 15th will the countdown begin? I go on holiday on Sunday so I'll probably miss half of it.
Right.

It depends how long it takes me to get all of the lists entered into the spreadsheet, especially if I get a whole bunch right at the deadline. Then I'll do some spot checks, make sure the math is correct, get the pictures and information together to present them all nice and purty. It could, conceivably, be ready to start by that Friday or Saturday, but more likely it'll be the following Monday, the 21st. Yeah, my band has a gig on Saturday, then I am seeing Queen with Adam Lambert on Sunday. It'll be Monday, at the earliest.

Then I'll reveal two per day, starting with #100 and #99. It takes closer to two months to reveal the entire list, so unless you are lost at sea, you won't miss much.

I've been doing a lot of prep work, but there's only so much I can do until all the ballots are cast, and the top one hundred is finalized.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	ladies.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	16179  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Right.

It depends how long it takes me to get all of the lists entered into the spreadsheet, especially if I get a whole bunch right at the deadline. Then I'll do some spot checks, make sure the math is correct, get the pictures and information together to present them all nice and purty. It could, conceivably, be ready to start by that Friday or Saturday, but more likely it'll be the following Monday, the 21st. Then I'll reveal two a day, starting with #100 and #99. It takes closer to two months to reveal the entire list, so unless you are lost at sea, you won't miss much.

I've been doing a lot of prep work, but there's only so much I can do until the top one hundred is finalized.

Cheers.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I think a period of around 1 hour should suffice from the end of the submission period until the list begins.

July 15th is a big day apparently. It's also the day Under the Skin comes out.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
July 15th is a big day apparently. It's also the day Under the Skin comes out.
It also was the day, I was supposed to announce the HoF winner as well. Now that has been extended to the 18th.

Don't think I'll be able to see any movies by the 15th, period. So I sent in my list, I always do it about a week early anyways. I thought the personal year break downs of peoples lists was pretty interesting during the 80s list, so I guess I'll do mine.

1970- N/A
1971- 4
1972- 3
1973- 4
1974- 4
1975- 1
1976- 1
1977- 3
1978- N/A
1979- 5

Point Distribution:
1970- N/A
1971- 41
1972- 38
1973- 40
1974- 52
1975- 13
1976- 15
1977- 52
1978- N/A
1979- 51

Donnie's list makes forty-five.

I'm gonna have to abandon teasing you with numbers soon, leave the big surprises for the reveals, but at this point there are now 284 different titles. Thirty-nine already have at least a hundred points each, thirteen have two hundred or more, nine have already amassed four hundred or more, and the three current leaders are all in the five hundreds.

And I'm hoping we're only around halfway there to how many ballots will ultimately be turned in. Believe me, I am more anxious than you guys to get things started. But I wants more entries! Bring 'em on.

Attachments

Name:	haroldandmaude.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	16181  

Donnie's list makes forty-five.

I'm gonna have to abandon teasing you with numbers soon, leave the big surprises for the reveals, but at this point there are now 284 different titles. Thirty-nine already have at least a hundred points each, thirteen have two hundred or more, nine have already amassed four hundred or more, and the three current leaders are all in the five hundreds.

And I'm hoping we're only around halfway there to how many ballots will ultimately be turned in. Believe me, I am more anxious than you guys to get things started. But I wants more entries! Bring 'em on.

How many ballots did the previous lists have?

I think there were sixty-some for the '80s. I want to get closer to a hundred for this one. Try, anyway. I looked it up, the MoFo 1980s list had 62 ballots, 371 total films. The MoFo 1990s list had 54 participants.

Attachments

Name:	king.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	16182  

1970- N/A

1978- N/A

Point Distribution:
1970- N/A
1978- N/A
It's is applicable. It's just that it's zero.

I'm sorry. It's a sickness. I'll get my coat.

FYI, Holden's first post in this thread is now the most repped post in site history.

Pretty sure he'll break that with the post that starts the countdown, though.