kinda took it as a job... I'm sure some didn't think, "One day they'll be talking about us or be in litigation over hundreds of millions"

Peter Cetera... They were a band for a little while. No bass player, and Cetera is a tenor and a damn good bass player and they're almost just waiting for his situation with his Top 40 band to dissolve to scoop him up. He probably thought, "It's much better than $200/wk"...

Remember, he said "I never liked the jazz or blues.. that was the other guys" and that he hates horns and demands none of them on his 80s shit... and yes, it's shit... His 70s stuff, even the pop stuff, is good pop. But he's thinking he's being used, and he's a defensive, but I understand the guy. He's a blue-collar South-Side Chicago guy in Chicago, and thinks, "Oh, you're not going to get one over me"... Retrospect and revisionism is everywhere, but archivists love (and notice) inconsistencies.. "This is the greatest album we ever did" -- fast-forward 30 yrs... "I always hated that 80s shit" ...

Teams up with Guercio when they try to go back to their experimental jazzy/rock/funk/blues/soul prog... "Not commercial enough", so when it comes time to choose which song goes into the trash, it's not Cetera's anymore, who wasn't encouraged to write it seems, except for Robert (a decent man) and they go backwards.. They're still playing. They're coming here the day after I turn 40. My first concert was Foreigner. Last one - America. Now Chicago in Detroit, the day after I turn 40. Omen? Good or bad? I've always been anti-superstition, but numbers and certain dates or things, coincidences, interest me.. the math!

Cetera is referred to as the "self-described dissident member" and this is 1982, right after they were dropped from their label, and then they explode with shitty songs with the worst production ever (david foster and his participation trophies for being a leech who couldn't be an artist with 2 billion)

If you're from the Midwest like me, notice Cetera's "Polish Working-Class Blue Collar South Side Chicago accent" (as someone described in the comments)... When they became big months later, his accent was.... left on a tour bus or something.

Robert Lamm talks with Cetera even after the break-up and says how Peter never liked the music and never felt part of the group (which Cetera says in interviews) and Lamm responded with, "Is that something you say on the 10th album?" Must be awkward. I've played songs I didn't like, but from bands I respected, so you give your all, but I can't do that anymore, not for the measly pay they give to 99% of musicians.

Very in-depth interview... The most candid I've seen. Just a couple of years after Terry accidentally shot and killed himself. Tragedy. Sad. World loss.