Movie Tab

Tools    

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
MY TAKE on Kill Bill Vol. 2, which was good at best, pathetic at worst and certainly not the masterpiece that others, Tarantino included, would have you believe.
That's it

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
The Circus

**** out of ****

Riki-Oh: Story of Ricky

*** out of ****

The 47 Ronin Parts 1 & 2

*** out of ****

Cry, the Beloved Country (1951)

**1/2 out of ****

The Whole Ten Yards

*1/2 out of ****

Truck Turner

* out of ****

I must become Caligari..!
Carlito's Way, 1993. De Palma

Scarface, 1983. De Palma

Carlito's Way is just so far ahead of Scarface in every aspect, While Scarface is an ok film Carlito's Way is a masterpeice.

Kill Bill: Vol. 2, 2004. Tarantino

Kill Bill: Vol. 1, 2003. Tarantino
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by nebbit
That's it
What do you mean? Are you rolling your eyes at my opinion or what?

What do you mean? Are you rolling your eyes at my opinion or what?
Well I guess, I wanted more than, "not the masterpiece that others, and Tarentino included, would have you believe" I guess I value your opinion, and wanted to know what you found boring about it, just curious, I haven't seen it, no malice intended by the rolly eyes.

Feel free to attack my points. I'm in the mood for a debate...
I have only seen Vol 1 and I haven't made up my mind about it, some of it I liked, it was a send up of Kung Fu movies, right, trying to be arty and interesting.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I hope they find her soon. She will always be one of my favorite actresses.
Yes, they did. And Debra Winger was one of the more interesting interviews.

A Double Life (1947) ~ I liked it. A bit slow in the begining, but Ronald Coleman is wonderful as an actor who goes mad...and begins to act in real life as his character does in his play 'Othello'. I'm a huge George Cukor fan and as expected, this was really well done.

A system of cells interlinked
Solaris (2002)

Unforgiven
(again)

I'll catch some flack for this, but I still like Josey Wales a bit more than Unforgiven. I think this is purely personal as I have always loved Josey Wales since I was a wee tyke. I think the character set in Wales is just slightly stronger. And although Unforgiven has Morgan Freeman, The Outlaw Josey Wales has the Chief.

The Lost Battalion (2001)
Genre: -- War --
Director: -- Russel Mulcahy --
My Rating: -- (out of 5)
My first viewing, a good TV movie.

Scooby Doo (2002)
Genre: -- Family --
Director: -- Raja Gosnell --
My Rating: -- --
Improves with repeat viewing but still an average movie.

The Lighthouse (1999)
Genre: -- Thriller/Horror --
Director: -- Simon Hunter --
My Rating: -- --
Mediocre, cliche-ridden British horror.

You ready? You look ready.
Kill Bill Vol.1, I finally got to see it. 5 stars out of 5.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I'm going out tonight... And I have some spare change with which I can rent a movie or two. Any reccomendations?

MovieForums Extra
Magdalene Sisters, 2002, d. Peter Mullan B
Somethings Gotta Give, 2003, d. Nancy Meyers A
Hope Springs, 2003, d. Mark Herman B-
Truly Madly Deeply, 1991, d. Anthony Minghella A
Lawrence of Arabia, 1962, d. David Lean A

Originally Posted by Garrett
I'm going out tonight... And I have some spare change with which I can rent a movie or two. Any reccomendations?
Yes!

Little Big Man (1970)

-and-

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948) !
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - Peter Sellers was a mad genius. This is probably the most disturbingly funny movie I have ever seen.

Repo Man - W. T. F.

Do you know my poetry?
Gerry - ***

Iron Monkey - ***

The Cooler - ***1/2

Invincible - ****

Unforgiven - 4/5